Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

How can I find my kindle??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 26, 2013, 9:44:53 AM PDT
Black Ken says:
My kindle was stolen but still connected to my email! They have been purchasing free apps! I can delete them through this site but would like to know if there is any way I can retrieve my kindle back? Help please if you can or have any knowledge on what I can do to get it back! Email is tldballer44

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2013, 9:49:08 AM PDT
♥ Ann says:
You need to immediately deregister the Kindle from your Amazon account:

Go up to the "Your Account" menu at the top of this page and click "Manage Your Kindle", then "Manage Your Devices" on the left. **Make a note of the Kindle's serial number**, then click the deregister link.

Next, click the "Help" link at the top of the page, then press the "Contact Us" button to report the theft to Amazon support. They can blacklist the device to prevent it from being re-registered.

As for retrieving the stolen device, you'll need to contact local law enforcement.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2013, 9:49:55 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Oct 26, 2013, 9:50:12 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2013, 9:52:49 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 26, 2013, 10:21:56 AM PDT
I am not aware of any way you can retrieve it. Maybe someone else will help with that?

But you are lucky if, so far, the only purchases have been free items. If I were you, I'd deregister the device before the new owner starts charging stuff to your one-click credit card. Go online to 'kindle store' > 'manage your kindle' > 'manage your devices' and deregister the missing unit.

ETA: Ann posted while I was still typing -- and she did a much better job of explaining than I. Follow her advice.

ETA#2: Do you know, don't you ... If/when you get a new Kindle and register that one to your exisiting account, all of your content will be there waiting for you.

ETA#3: This is a public forum that anyone can access, not Amazon's Customer Service. You should edit your original post to remove your email address, least you attract spam.

Posted on Oct 26, 2013, 9:59:14 AM PDT
Miss Carol says:
And if it's a Fire, once you deregister it, all the apps and books will disappear from it. Which will be irritating for the people / person who found it and decided to start using it.

Posted on Oct 26, 2013, 9:59:41 AM PDT
CBRetriever says:
and if you put a password on the Kindle Fire itself, after 4-5 attempts at entering the password, the kindle will reset to factory defaults and deregister itself
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Multiple accounts on one device. 29 9 minutes ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2378 11 minutes ago
Tumblr app not working on kindle fire hd 0 15 minutes ago
kindle fire black screen 315 38 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 6162 42 minutes ago
Frozen Kindle Paperwhite 115 57 minutes ago
Free Books & Chat July 2017 649 1 hour ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3072 1 hour ago
Thread of Everlasting Ennui™ 78 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire earphones 51 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Oct 26, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.