Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy TheOnlyLivingBoy  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Free Books and Chat for Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 112 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2013, 10:13:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:16:01 PM PDT
Welcome to Free Books and chat for Tuesday, July 30, 2013..
I hope that today finds us all in good health with very few stresses in our real life...

Stop and chat, share the free books that you find and have a great day...

A Good Book Can Take You Anywhere, Anytime......
Ann Key

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:14:31 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:16:37 PM PDT
~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

Business first....

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ *

SPECIAL MESSAGE TO AUTHORS

AUTHORS - THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR SELF PROMOTION.

You are welcome to join us for conversation.
However, self-promotion or posting a link to your book in this area is against Amazon's TOS. If you're looking to promote your work, please go to the "Meet Our Authors", many of us check there as well.

.........THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING THE RULES..............

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~
šš Links To Free Book Resources šš

Dailyfreebooks:
dailyfreebooks.com

Ereaderiq:
http://ereaderiq.com/freebies/

eReaderPerks:
www.eReaderPerks.com

FreeReadFeed:
freereadfeed.com

Heidoc:
http://www.heidoc.net/amazon/subscribe.php?department=MYSTHR&sort=TITLE&newtitles=on&GO=GO

Kinlib: (has resumed operations as of July 1st)
http://us.kinlib.com/130703D/

You are strongly urged to confirm the price of the book before completing your purchase.
The price displayed on Amazon's website at the time of purchase is the price of the book.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:14:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:22:34 PM PDT
If the conversation is not your thing please visit our sister thread Freebie BOOKS - Links Only - No Self Promotion...

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdMsgID=Mx3991FYFR3ZF44&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=Tx21VD4083ZF1LD#Mx3991FYFR3ZF44

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮Link to the FB&C Group Cookbook thread:

http://www.amazon.com/forum/cooking/ref=cm_cd_et_md_pl?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx211KPGGBLHNC6&cdMsgID=Mx3TF4806AD6YTU&cdMsgNo=1&cdPage=1&cdSort=oldest&cdThread=TxQUJZ6FYNH8VQ#Mx3TF4806AD6YTU

*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。☆。*。*.☆。

╰❈╮Birthday and Anniversary / Template / States - abbreviations and time zones / Slang / How To Link:

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0Bxt8Ey-AsMfIUDZUS3p0SnpqZG8/edit?usp=sharing

°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*★°.¸¸.*

Old News AKA as Yesterdays Thread..

http://www.amazon.com/forum/kindle/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg1?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1D7SY3BVSESG&cdPage=1&cdThread=Tx1DJLX6EX62QHE

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:15:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:21:07 PM PDT
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

~~~~~~ WE ARE IN NEED OF NEW THREAD STARTERS ~~~~~~

Snowlady Sandy - Tuesday, July 30..start around 11:00-12:00 PDT
Robb - Wednesday July 31 Start Time 10 PT
Lover of Books - Thursday, August 1 Start Time: 10:30pm PT
Susan - Saturday August 3 start time 6:30 am ED
Leo Little - Monday, August 5 Start time 11:00pm Sun to midnight PDT
Snowlady Sandy - Tuesday, August 6..start around 11:00-12:00 PDT
Leo Little - Monday, August 12 Start time 11:00pm Sun to midnight PDT
~~~~~~ WE ARE IN NEED OF NEW THREAD STARTERS ~~~~~~

.♫. Open Dates:

Friday, August 2
Sunday, August 4
Wednesday, August 7
Thursday, August 8
Friday, August 9
Saturday, August 10
Sunday, August 11

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.

************** We'll help you through it! **************

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

*** Please consider volunteering to be a thread starter. ***
Choose an available day, copy/paste schedule into a post and add your info.
**************** We'll help you through it! ****************

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:21:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:32:46 PM PDT
Today is National Cheesecake Day...

Years ago, when I lived in Ca, I had a very good friend who used to make me Margarita Cheesecake..
I don't know who, or what I miss more, Robert or his Cheesecake..
Good friends are hard to replace and good food is hard to forget..

So, Are you a cheesecake type of person? Drop in and let us know what your favorite kind is..
And if you aren't a cheesecake person, what would you prefer?

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:30:31 PM PDT
Margarita Cheesecake....

Ingredients
1 1/4 cups vanilla wafer cookie crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
3 8 ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
2 cups sour cream
1 1/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons Grand Marnier
3 tablespoons gold tequila
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
2 teaspoons grated lime peel
4 large eggs
Very thin lime slices (garnish)

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix cookie crumbs and butter in medium bowl until blended. Press mixture onto bottom and 1-inch up sides of 9 inch diameter springform pan with 2 3/4 inch high sides. Refrigerate while preparing filling.

Using electric mixer, beat cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy. Add 1 cup sour cream, 1 cup sugar, Grand Marnier, tequila, lime juice and lime peel and beat until well blended. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.

Pour filling into crust. Bake until center is softly set, about 50 minutes. Maintain oven temperature. Mix remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar and 1 tablespoon lime juice in small bowl. Pour over cheesecake. Using spatula, smooth top. Bake cheesecake 5 minutes longer. Transfer pan to rack and cool completely. Refrigerate until well chilled, at least 4 hours or overnight. Run knife around pan sides to loosen cake. Remove pan sides. Garnish cake with lime slices

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:37:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:41:14 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
Morning Sandy
Thanks for starting the day for us.
I am definitely a cheesecake type of person (not only cheese-brain) I think I probably like them all, but have never made my own just those others make or buy - yummy
ETA
Don't think I have ever had one with Grand Marnier and Tequila though - sounds like it would be a great desert for a special dinner, thanks for the recipie

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:39:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 10:40:26 PM PDT
I've never made one either but Robert was/is a wonder in the kitchen..

How are you doing this morning?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013, 10:45:12 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
I am doing fine, it was great to see my colleague back at work yesterday, though she is now incredibly brown (only a little jealousy from my side LOL)
Today will also be exciting since it is the day that Danish youngsters get to find out if they have been accepted at the university of their choice or not, and her daughter has applied to one in particular and I am really crossing my fingers that she gets in, hope to hear that when I am at work.

How are you doing ?

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:49:15 PM PDT
I hope she gets it too..
I'm doing pretty good.. Really busy today...

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 10:51:42 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
I have been spending time looking at folks profiles recently and on yours I noticed that you had reviewed ammy's gift cards and decided to took into it, then found a hitch.... my family lives in UK, have kindles and are members on the UK site and it seems that a .com gift card can't be redeemed on .uk :-(

Since we have posters from all over the world I am hoping that someone will arrive and let me know how they have dealt with this hitch since I would love to gift a member of my family a book or money to buy a book or anything else they may want.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013, 10:53:09 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
What kept you busy during the day ? all that cleaning ? and ....?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013, 10:59:55 PM PDT
Not cleaning today, shopping, dealing with mom's upcoming holiday (your word), and the first bill came for the new phones, double what we had expected so we went to TM to get that straightened out, Dinner, More stuff for moms birthday, played Chris's taxi... all with only about 3 hours sleep..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013, 11:04:49 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
Wow certainly has been some day for you - bummer about the phone bills hope that you got it sorted to your satisfaction.
Where is your Mom going for her vacation ?
Sounds like you should hit the sack a.s.a.p.

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 11:14:55 PM PDT
Mom is going on a bus trip with the Seniors to Mt. Rushmore. the trip is the first part of Oct.. but about two years ago her
"travel buddy" passed away and mom has been reluctant to go on a trip with them.. Anyway, she decieded to go on this one traveling as a single, then today we ran into a friend and Pat asked her if she was planning on going,,, Sadly, Pat's roomie was in a accident a couple of weeks ago and was killed, Long story, but they are going to room together, that saves them both a couple hundred dollars...

Phone bill was fixed, seems we opened our account right about the time that they stopped charging activation fees and they hadn't been credited... Just over $40.00 per phone..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013, 11:19:15 PM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Sandy
So pleased that your Mom has found a new travel buddy and both of them in need, sounds like a great solution and Mt. Rushmore sounds like it will be a great experience.
Good about the phone bills - though sad really that one has to be on top of everything all the time and check and double check, but glad that you did.
Must rush now - hope to catch you later.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 29, 2013, 11:23:33 PM PDT
Have a good day,

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 11:33:52 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 29, 2013, 11:48:40 PM PDT
Good evening Sandy and good morning redandwhite! Yes, I am most definitely a cheesecake person. I have made quite a few in my time, but not for several years. I prefer the New York style of cheesecake with a cherry topping.

I hope you have a great day at work red. Does college cost an arm and two legs to attend as it does here in the States?

ETA... Thanks for the great start today Sandy!

I tried to post this over 40 minutes ago, but my Internet has been down. Amazon has been slow all day and I have had the same problem with getting access to my "Recently Viewed Discussions". I refresh the screen multiple times before it finally appears if I am lucky. So frustrating!

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 11:52:52 PM PDT
My friend on the other thread says they are making "improvements"
Almost time to start links only..

Posted on Jul 29, 2013, 11:58:22 PM PDT
I think that I'm going to try and sleep.. I'll see ya all when I get up..

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013, 12:27:59 AM PDT
Have good dreams Sandy. I am not far behind... Just a little while to make sure that the Links Only open sticks and then I'm off to get some sleep as well. I am so tired tonight.

Posted on Jul 30, 2013, 1:48:45 AM PDT
Leo Little says:
@Sandy and LOB sweet dreams to you both...I slept a couple of hours but am awake now. Pain is streaking down both legs tonight and it doesn't seem to be letting up. I know there are so many who lurk out there that face the very same thing or worse every day. It helps being able to tell y'all who understand unfortunately all too well what I'm dealing with. Just knowing that people out there care and understand has a calming affect on me. I think reading about what so many of you were going through and being able to add my own words of encouragement is what really drew me to this thread. It is wonderful that a common love of reading has brought us together and I just want to say Thank you to my friends who have and will continue to lift my spirits when they are low.

Leo

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013, 2:55:49 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ LoB
Love the dancing teddy on LO - still there at time of posting. Hope you have sweet dreams and recharge your batteries by sleeping well - see you when you re-surface :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2013, 3:02:00 AM PDT
redandwhite says:
@ Leo
Ammy ate my post
I am so sorry to hear that you are having such bad pain in your legs today, have you ever thought of having Zone Therapy ? perhaps that could help, worth looking into.
I am sending healing vibes to you and hoping that you get to sleep some more ♥

Posted on Jul 30, 2013, 3:13:47 AM PDT
Outview (The Inner Movement) - Mystery/Thriller

A coming of age thriller of mystics and magic.
Nate's father died mysteriously when he was twelve. His older brother knows the truth but their mother had him committed to a mental institution. As the Outviews try to take over his mind, sixteen year old Nate fears his turn is next.
During the search for his brother, Nate and his three school friends fight to stay alive. Along the way they encounter five mystics who show Nate his lost powers, teach the forgotten wisdom and reveal his extraordinary destiny.
In time, Nate discovers that everything he believed about his life is a lie, and that the world contains secrets far more beautiful than he could ever have imagined, and evil far more terrifying than he could ever have feared.
Across time and dimension they are after him . . .

Doug and Carlie's Love Conspiracy (#2 in the Doug and Carlie Series) - Romance

Clara Louise Johnson is 32, single, and lonely. The problem? She just got a cat. And when a shy lonely woman gets a cat, everybody knows the universe begins to work against her. Within a year, she could own twenty cats and start operating a failed recycling business out of her backyard. So newlyweds, Doug and Carlie, happily intervene. What happens when a rural-dwelling famous writer becomes a full-time matchmaker for beautiful Clara? A humorous and healing journey toward love begins.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 3791 10 minutes ago
Free Books and Chat (FB&C)--August 2017 698 27 minutes ago
88th Raok - roads? Where we're going we don't need roads! 1484 38 minutes ago
How to sync Kindle app on new iPad? 4 1 hour ago
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9816 1 hour ago
Kindle Fire keeps disconnecting from Wifi 34 2 hours ago
My Kindle paperwhit just stopped connecting to the internet... 3 2 hours ago
OT: Discussion - (Freebie Books Links Only) 5757 3 hours ago
SD Card issue with my Amazon Fire 7 Tablet 54 3 hours ago
Will the Kindle Fire HD support the GoPro App? 45 3 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  22
Total posts:  112
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2013
Latest post:  Aug 8, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer