Amazon Vehicles Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Calibre question

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 11, 2014 12:50:13 PM PDT
Hello. I moved all my Kindle books over to Calibre (I was waaay behind in getting things organized on my Paper White). I think I want to clear off my Kindle and then transfer over only the books I would like to read in the next few months instead of having so many on the Kindle. How do I clear off my Kindle? Or is this not a feasible way to do this? Any help greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2014 12:54:11 PM PDT
From the Home page: Menu > settings > menu again > re-set to factory defaults. That will clear the content and de-register it from your account. Then just re-register it and download only the books you want on it right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 11, 2014 1:18:13 PM PDT
I did like M.Francis suggested a few months ago. It worked quite well.

Posted on Jul 11, 2014 11:07:31 PM PDT
That was fantastic advice! Thank you. Now my other question -- my old collections that I set up (the different categories I used originally "Mysteries" "Thrillers" "Non Fiction" etc) are still there apparently. They are not listed on my home screen with the 22 books I just downloaded BUT when I go to click on the book to add to a new collection, I see the old collections pop up. Any way to get rid of the old collection categories? Again, thank you in advance.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Hard Drive replacement 15 5 minutes ago
non-fiction in Kindle First 4 5 minutes ago
transfering books from my computer 8 6 minutes ago
Can I have two phones/apps connected to the same Echo? 6 10 minutes ago
Paperwhite - Troublesome page turns 93 10 minutes ago
We're Quirky And We Know It! Come Witness The Howling Dink, Hussy Turkey Hens, And A Veritable Plethora Of Other Beasts! So Geese! 5778 11 minutes ago
Managing books 3 13 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 4973 17 minutes ago
Can you connect a flash drive to Kindle Fire HD using an adapter? 63 19 minutes ago
transfering books from my computer 1 20 minutes ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jul 11, 2014
Latest post:  Jul 11, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions