Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

So I posted a week ago and was pretty down on the 8.9

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012, 4:08:37 PM PST
scrapnkath says:
didn't like the apps, felt the size was cumbersome and also felt envious of my son's ipad mini ( and I'm not an Apple kind of gal!) So I returned it, did a little more research, reminded myself why I wanted the Kindle in the first place ( reading more than anything) and bought the Kindle hd 7...I couldn't be happier! love this size so much more and I've found plenty of games (as I was told) that don't require extra purchase.
Just thought you'd like to know I really did want to like the Kindle, now that I have the smaller one I love it!
How's that for a fairy tale ending?! :)

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 4:14:51 PM PST
Lisa says:
And you saved a hundred bucks!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 9:49:48 PM PST
Ed G says:
7" is a really nice size for tablets.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 10:57:15 PM PST
That's great to hear! I bought my first Kindle Fire (last year) after having a 10" Toshiba Thrive for a few months. While I love my Thrive, it just didn't feel "portable" enough and was heavy to hold while reading. I find the 7" Fire is a great size, handy and portable, but still big enough to browse the web and watch videos.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 3:01:32 AM PST
Kindryll says:
I got myself the Kindle Fire on Cyber Monday this year and love the size! I thought I would a larger size so when the 8.9 HD was on sale I got it too so I could compare. I received the Fire first and was a bit disappointed in the app selection til I remembered that what apps I couldn't get in the Fire I had on my phone already. I have a K3 that has seen a lot of use so I knew I wanted to stay with Amazon.

When the 8.9 arrived I played with it about an hour before putting it back in the box. It's just too big for me. I love being able to put my Fire in my purse or tote and the battery lasts be all day even when I am using it at work to access document.

Unless someone wants to buy the 8.9 It's going back. :)

Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 5:35:25 AM PST
Paxton says:
My experience is similar. I was given an iPad3 during the summer, but already had the original Kindle Fire. I found that I rarely ended up using the larger tablet (two days of using Siri before I discovered that I really didn't need it for anything!) - it was too bulky to carry around and too heavy to read with for very long. Then I got the Fire HD when it came out, and I actually never use the iPad any more. The mini might be ok, I guess, but I do think the 7" size of whichever device one owns is far more convenient.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
Freebie Books - Links Only - No Self Promotion IV 9699 2 minutes ago
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 2288 5 minutes ago
Elephants Three at The Ģrandest Hotel - Part IV 5916 12 minutes ago
Amazon Echo (Part 2) 518 17 minutes ago
KINDLE KITCHEN #6: A place for sharing, caring, chat and FUN! 7780 35 minutes ago
Newsstand - Get 3 Free Magazines Now 11 42 minutes ago
Kindle eBook & Hardcover/Paperback Combo Purchase Options 8 53 minutes ago
Kindle free time aps were deleted 0 54 minutes ago
87th RAOK Let the winter fun begin! 9494 59 minutes ago
How to disable "On Deck"? 99 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 15, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.