Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Kindle forum

Kindle fire HD skype app

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 14, 2012, 2:11:29 PM PST
Ryan Dalton says:
I've been having a volume issue with the skype app ever since it self updated, the call volume even at max is too low for me to hear unless I physically put the speaker to my ear. Putting in earphones changes nothing, its still impossible to hear.

I've tried the easy stuff like fiddling with kindle volume and looking through the settings but I couldnt find anything for volume, am I missing something?

Thanks,

Ryan

Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 4:26:48 PM PST
same issue here.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012, 6:35:43 PM PST
Fud53 says:
Two possible choices(unless you count the ones you get here that may, or may not, be reliable): 1) delete and reload the app 2)live chat with amazon

Posted on Dec 23, 2012, 8:55:01 PM PST
S. Snively says:
I noticed the same thing. My father asked me to help him figure out why he could no longer hear me ever since it updated his device. Everything worked fine before, after checking his volume settings there is nothing else I could do to fix it.

Posted on Dec 24, 2012, 5:13:10 PM PST
same issue here.
amazon HELP

Posted on Jan 1, 2013, 9:08:16 AM PST
. says:
Same problem. But only after the update.
I thought it was a problem with settings because I normally use a Blue Tooth headset. When I turned on the headset the sound coming from the Kindle speakers kicked up to normal and no sound was coming through the Blue Tooth headset. Turned off the headset and then sound went down to nothing.
Also people on the other end are having trouble hearing me too. But not as bad.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013, 4:57:17 PM PST
Same problem with me. I tried the Skype echo service, and I can barely hear my recording if I hold the speakers up to my ear. I have seen suggestions that the speaker volume is a limitation of the form factor, however my wife's 3rd Generation iPad (with approximately the same form factor) works great with Skype.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2013, 5:00:32 PM PST
Jazzy_Jeff says:
It's not the form factor. My Android tablet works flawlessly with Skype. Sounds like Amazon is going to have to work on a fix for this.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013, 4:45:52 PM PST
Another voice crying in the wilderness (but too low to be heard)

Everything else on the Kindle Fire HD has more than enough volume range except the Skype App.

Need a fix Amazon.

Dan

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013, 6:21:36 PM PST
1) delete and reload the app. this work for me. First on delete form your kindle then reload from cloud. it work for me.

Posted on Jan 26, 2013, 9:40:38 AM PST
I have the same issue on the kindle fire 8.9". Goes to tell me that even though app releases are controlled by amazon they are not fully tested!! Quality control Amazon.. Where is your quality control??

Posted on Jan 26, 2013, 2:51:03 PM PST
. says:
For the Kindle fire 8.9" anyway, delete the app from the device - reinstall the app from the cloud. For some reason it took three tries, but, it works fine now with onboard speakers and with Bluetooth headset. Works fine now.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Kindle forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Critical Software Update for Kindle E-Readers
0 Mar 23, 2016
Announcement
Welcome to the Kindle Discussion Forum - A Congregation of Kindle Enthusiasts
0 Mar 20, 2015
We're Quirky! There Are Various Critters, Including Tail-less Manx Kittens, Here. We Also Have Hugh Manatee. Bring Your Quilting And Sewing Projects, Your Camera, And Your Instant Pot. So Geese And Tally Ho! 4363 7 hours ago
FREE Books & Chat - September 2017 522 7 hours ago
Discounted / Price Dropped Kindle eBooks IV 2802 7 hours ago
kindle fire it sucks and blows 357 7 hours ago
Display Book Title 0 7 hours ago
my old non-amazon .MOBI books only show up in Docs 5 7 hours ago
No "Send-to-Kindle E-mail Address" for Fire 19 7 hours ago
My Kindle is frozen and won't reset or turn off. 151 7 hours ago
New Fire HD 10 tablets - Oct 2017 23 8 hours ago
App keeps hanging and crashing while trying to read comics. 0 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Kindle forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Dec 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers