Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Manga forum

Yaoi Manga/Anime Discussion II

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 1, 2010 6:44:30 PM PST
yousei says:
I read Stay Close To Me (Yaoi) today. Goofy and cute!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 6:56:39 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
Yeah, I just saw the new Akadot releases and I'm happy but I'm also a little cheesed. Where's Close the Last Door 2, No One Loves Me and No Touching at All which are on the release schedule for Nov 30th? If they can come up with the releases that are scheduled for Dec 1st and 15th why can't they do the Nov 30th releases too? What happened to all the fanfare about the schedule being updated and accurate? I know I shouldn't complain 'cause the flow of new stuff has finally picked up and it's been really great, but darn it. I want Close the Last Door 2, I want No One Loves Me. Thank you for Open the Door to Your Heart but I want the rest of my Yugi Yamadas!! :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 7:33:23 PM PST
Niki says:
Whole heartedly agree! But I am still happy..

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2010 8:01:00 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2010 8:02:06 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
R. Parklane - Me too really. I just ordered the new batch and look forward to reading them. I guess this schedule hopping offends my sense of order. I'm also wondering why all the Dec 15th releases made it out now...all but one...the one I want most of course, Tyrant vol. 2. Someone at June is reading my mind and deliberately holding out on me. I just know it. :D

And yeah, I confess, some people are just never satisfied! Me. <snerk>

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 7:24:43 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
just occurred to me though that if there are three yamadas coming out right now through akd, could be as much as what? 40 bucks? that is going to be just too much to spend even with free shipping. will KILL ME.. but may have to wait. and would really like to see the second Pure Love, by Hyouta Fujiyama, or anything new by her!

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 1:00:05 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
No One Loves Me by Yugi Yamada just came up at Akadot along with Tyrant Vol.2 and A Place In the Sun!! Fingers crossed Close the Last Door Vol.2 comes up soon!

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 1:05:16 PM PST
magnolia186 says:
Just saw this myself...it's almost like they've been listening (or reading) this discussion LOL

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 1:09:45 PM PST
J. R. Brown says:
I was trying to wait for DMP's new books to show up on Amazon, but could not withstand Tyrant (still hate the cover, though). And of course I had to get a bunch of other stuff too, so I could get the free shipping and (tiny) discount. So much for fiscal responsibility....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 3:35:52 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2010 3:36:51 PM PST
Niki says:
What! And I have ordered without these 3. Now I have to pay more freight or should I wait for Close the Last Door 2..But thanks DL.

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 3:54:21 PM PST
indigo says:
Galetoo, I'm glad you have the Descendants of Darkness manga. It's so much richer than the anime, with all the censoring and the adapting of the violent action et. al.

DL. : Did Descendants # 12 continue with the mystery of Hisoka's tragic family? I assume it was written in Japanese, but could you tell?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 4:01:26 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
I damned well do not want to be fiscally responsible! I feel put upon and deprived.. and this inspite of seeing cirque de soleil Ka last night. most stunning thing I have ever seen. set, theater, performance, live orchestra and chorus. theater at the mgm, some sort of lovely mutant of goth/industrial. 12 balcony? things on either side of stage. actors roaming in and out of audience, beautiful costumes, stunning acrobatics. totally unbelievable. comp tickets but to see this again I would pay full price (ghastly price). do not believe it is traveling show but unbelievable. AND FIREOWRKS IKN THE THEATER AT END...INCLUDING GIANT CATHERINE WHEEL AND REAL FLAMING ARROWS IN BATTLE SCENE! and biggest harp in the world played in entry at beginning of show. and stage unbelievable. much of performance on movable stage almost vertical, no wires and very few handholds. unbelievable.stunning. and I am not a theater person as such but this was amazing...

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 4:31:30 PM PST
B. Pussman says:
Wow I'm saving tons of money living vicariously through C.R. Emery... but booyah me wanna go do the Cirque de Ka thingie...

Unfortunately me poor and tomorrow Friday I get to spend it at some research facility whilst husband gets nuked.. good thing they may find his faulty valve and be able to fix it.. semi bad thing.. he'll wear a pacemaker or ICD (intro cardio device) and the bad thing he's busted and unfixable I'm hoping he's fixable I mean it took me 24 years to mold him just right! *s*

So.. in my day pack pocky sticks for those smoke cravings... a Kizuna for yaoi... a Hot Gimmick for shojo.. laptop fully charged for DVDs.. a little Mr. Darcy all 8 hours of him and lunch.. I'm ready! send good chi my way tomorrow!!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2010 5:16:34 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
Bea, will keep you and hubby in my thoughts tnight and tomorrow. research facilities are terrific at finding weird stuff in the body and being able to fix it. and when I was watching Ka, I thought it was somethiung you would really love! email me and I will happily spill even more details! should be on amz page...

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 6:17:09 PM PST
yousei says:
Finished Stray Cat today. I enjoyed the title story (I'm a cat lover too), but I actually liked the other two more. I was particularly taken with the middle one-shot "Lonely Man's Love". I wish there could have been an extra episode/epilogue of that one...very touching.

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 10:07:48 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
Junjou Romantica season 2 is up for preorder at RightStuf.

R. Parklane - I'm in the same boat as you. I ordered the five books that came out yesterday and now there's three more. Not sure if I'll wait and see if Close the Last Door 2 and No Touching At All will come out soon before ordering or look for something else I want to make the $50 minimum for free shipping and 5% off.

indigo - Re Descendants of Darkness Vol.12. The first part of the book continues where vol. 11 left off where Tatsumi and Watari are investigating the Kurosaki (Hisoka's) family. The second part of the book continues the story about the Imaginary World where Hisoka went to try and make the Dragon King, Kurikara, his shiki. Vol. 12 contains chapters 55-63 which were published in Hana to Yume magazine although, according to info I gleaned via Wikipedia, the book has revisions that differ from the published chapters in the magazine. I've seen this first hand via scans. Though I haven't read the scans yet, I have the ones which would cover vol. 12 and also chapters 64-75 which go beyond vol. 12. The last chapter I downloaded had a date of 11-24-09 attached to it and after a quick perusal, it's definitely not meant to be the end. If there are more chapters out there, I've not found them or any information about whether Yoko Matsushita is continuing the story. I've tried looking for Hana to Yume back issues to see up to when Yami no Matsuei was still being serialized, but I've not had any success. The recent issues have made no mention of it so it's not currently being serialized unless it's in some other publication. I wish there was more information to be had about what's going on with D of Darkness. It's a series I really liked and would love to see more of especially if the mangaka brought it to some sort of conclusion. As it is, we've all been left dangling and even if all the other chapters I found were released in English, the story's still not finished so we'd still be in the same boat unless there's more somewhere.

C.R. - Wow! Cirque De Soleil sounds like quite a show. Would love to see it.

B. Pussman - Positive energy headed your way. Here's hoping things go well.

yousei - Count me as another who really liked Lonely Man's Love. It was my favorite from Stray Cat.

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 10:24:37 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
indigo - More Re Descendants of Darkness. Out of curiosity, I Googled Yoko Matsushita and found an article dated 1-17-2010 on the Anime News Network site about the release of Vol.12. The article states that she (Matsushita) has yet to announce when she will resume serialization of D of Darkness.

At least it answered my question as to whether or not she is still with us, so to speak and now that I think about it, it was that article that prompted me to preorder vol. 12. Duh, you'd think I would have remembered that. :)

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 4:58:05 AM PST
yousei says:
Okay guys, I know it's surprising, but I've never read anything by Yugi Yamada. With numerous titles now coming out, can someone tell me about their favourites?

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 6:39:17 AM PST
Jo says:
yousei - Picnic...Spring Fever...Close the Last Door...despite Yamada's different art style, I've really enjoyed her works over the years...definitely give this mangaka a try!

DL - do you select "Group my items into as few shipments as possible" when checking out? That usually makes my orders coming from the same place arrive in the same box...

CR - I saw a sneak peek of Ka on PBS the other night which was simply amazing...I can't even imagine what it must be like to experience it in real life. Totally jealous of you right now...

BP - Hope everything with your husband goes well

Manolia - congrats on being Teams mommy!

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 7:49:27 AM PST
indigo says:
Yousei: I really liked Close the Last Door #1, and plan on buying #2.

However, contrary to Jo, Picnic, didn't really do anything for me.
Also, Dry Heat was OK, for me, but not in the same league as Close the Last Door #1. Close the Last Door is one book I do frequent rereads of. It is so funny in spots, and the characters so real and memorable. The hairs sticking out their heads and the small dots for eyes in the scenes showing surprise kill me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 7:53:47 AM PST
C. R. Emery says:
picnic, close the last door, a lot more but will have to check my shelves!! somethning about glass skies? about a fighter, did nothing for me though that is rare for her work

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 8:37:38 AM PST
indigo says:
DL re: Descendants of D. Was volume 12 in Japanese? Where did you get it?
Thank you so much for the update of one of my favorites. I think it's time for a reread of them.

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 11:31:47 AM PST
J. R. Brown says:
Read Stray Cat and liked it (especially the 4koma about the author's cat - there must have been an awful lot of extra pages), but was not taken by BLU's translation of "neko" ("cat", gay slang for "bottom") as "p*ssy" (dunno if Amazon dislikes that word, better play it safe). That would really have been better handled with an annotation, even though BLU rarely uses them.

Also liked Garden Sky, even though it barely qualifies as BL (especially the second story); both stories were adorable sweet fluff, and the pint-size god is cute... Was not enthused about Endless Comfort (which I was looking forwards to after you guys talked it up so much); the art was off in too many pages (the dogs were particularly badly drawn), and the drama bits weren't dramatic enough.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 12:08:21 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
liked the men in EC but I know dogs pretty well and those suckers were MUTANTS.... not a keeper for me. and not happy about that particular translation either.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 12:09:10 PM PST
C. R. Emery says:
clarification, liked the drawings of the men in EC, but not the story and not those skeevy looking dogs.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 3, 2010 12:52:14 PM PST
D. L. Wise says:
yousei - Do read some Yugi Yamada. Close the Last Door is wonderful, but, to varying degrees, I love all her works. She imparts a depth of emotion and reality to her stories that I find particularly appealing and yet she also manages to add a good amount of humor in there as well. I always find her books to be a well balanced mix of the two. Unlike indigo, I very much enjoyed Picnic. Would also recommend Dry Heat and the two volume series, Don't Blame Me.

Jo - I normally preorder using the 1 Click option I so don't get the opportunity to choose "Group my items". Will have to change how I do my ordering. Thanks for the suggestion.

indigo - Descendants Vol. 12 is published in Japanese only at this time. I ordered via my contact in Japan. I believe someone here mentioned that this site: http://www.nippon-export.com/ , was a good place to use to special order items, manga etc, from Japan.

J.R. & C.R. - Apparently I don't mind some abstration in my drawings. I found the art in Endless Comfort to be aesthetically pleasing. Guess it all depends on your persepective. Liked the story too.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Manga forum (162 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Manga forum
Participants:  55
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers

Search Customer Discussions