Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Foo Fighters PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Medicine forum

breast lumps...biopsy, remove, just monitor?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 16, 2012, 3:22:00 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 27, 2012, 8:42:58 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 8:49:10 PM PDT
Tuckerdog says:
I had a fibroadenoma removed when I was 19, went to work the next day with no problems...was not a big deal. Didn't even have to go under anesthesia- just numbed the spot where they made the incision.
They can grow & 'take over' the breast so that's why my doctor (very strongly) suggested I have it out. Plus mine was already almost walnut sized. Now my mother has a small one and they did a quick needle biopsy of it to make sure it wasn't cancer and they are leaving it alone, but she is 60 years old- it's not likely to give her any trouble...

I have been a mammographer for 20 years and if it was MY breast, I would at least have a biopsy unless they are SURE it is a fibroadenoma- just in case, but I would probably just skip the biopsy and have it taken out. Really, the surgery was easier for me than going for my yearly PAP or having a tooth worked on.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 8:11:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 27, 2012, 8:43:04 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 5:07:39 PM PDT
Tuckerdog says:
My lump was underneath the breast and I've never been too fussy about scars-I've had stitches and my appendix out etc. I'd rather not have anything in my body that might be bad. I think my scar is an inch long maybe. Can't really see it any more. Needle biopsy barely leaves a mark- it's just a pin prick. Phyllodes was never mentioned to me-probably because I was so young- they occur mostly in women over 40, but they are BAD. I vote for removal- I've seen fibroadenomas get as big as oranges- makes having a mammogram difficult. Do you have a breast clinic near you? Get in with a breast surgeon instead of a general surgeon if you are worried about scarring- they are sometimes better about having neater stitches.

Posted on Apr 18, 2012, 1:58:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 27, 2012, 8:43:09 AM PDT]

Posted on Apr 20, 2012, 1:33:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Apr 20, 2012, 1:33:37 PM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Medicine forum (64 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Medicine forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Apr 16, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.