Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Limited time offer Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

shameless self-promotion by authors (6)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 2451-2475 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 5, 2012, 12:55:46 PM PDT
Yes, gas is so expensive now. We only ran our generator for a few hours, sometimes about thirty minutes to do everything we needed to do. I remember plugging in my curling iron back then-- oh no wait! It was hot rollers, you know they ones Farrrah Fawcett used, it was in the late 70's.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 1:56:14 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 29, 2014, 4:58:23 PM PST]

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 3:02:10 PM PDT
Story Time

Over 37 -4 and 5 star reviews! Now only $2.99~
Just as in 'The Hunt', her characters in 'Story Time' are well developed and the reader grows to know them as friends. Linell has interwoven many survivors' journeys, their fears, struggles and sacrifices to reach Naomi's ranch. Once there, they must learn to pull together while living and dying, loving and understanding, and believing there is still hope. Times are difficult with apocalyptic events: floods, earthquakes, fire, famine, etc. Both human and alien forces oppose them as they strive for a new beginning. Their future will astonish you...

The conclusion will amaze and prompt you to consider many things even after the book is closed. Nothing is predictable about 'Story Time' except that it is very well told by a fantastic writer.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 6:10:18 PM PDT
Audra Morgan says:
This book just came out today - it's my own personal response to 50 Shades of Grey - a more realistic vision of a D/s relationship, based on my own relationship with my Dom.
The Submissive Diaries: Kit's Awakening

Also, my collection of BDSM themed short stories is free all day Friday:
Extreme Submission: Stories of Sex on the Edge

Hope you enjoy them both, and PLEASE, if you do, would you submit a review? Thank you so much!

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 8:04:17 PM PDT
For your weekend reading: PRESCRIPTION: MURDER

"In the City of Angels, cosmetic surgeon Dr. Richard Hirsch's nefarious plan to murder his wife goes terribly awry---it'll take more then a hit man to cure his $30 million obsession. Homicide Detectives Joe Kellermann and Mike Rodriguez are swept into an intricate and dark web of deadly deceit, crooked cops, infidelity, greed---and murder-for-hire."
Warning: offensive language. $3.99

Do hope you will check this book out!

Best,

John L.

Posted on Jul 5, 2012, 11:42:16 PM PDT
Calling all lovers of challenging, intense psychological drama with numerous colourful characters.
Calling all lovers of complex, demanding, non-escapist murder mysteries.

Available in paperback or kindle:

Hiding the Elephant: The first Simon Grant Mystery (Simon Grant Mysteries)

and its sequel

Lock Up Your Daughters: Sequel to Hiding the Elephant, Simon Grant Mysteries

Also, available only in Kindle format:
Double Trouble (Two Simon Grant Mysteries)
Special edition of both Simon Grant Mysteries in a single volume.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 4:45:18 AM PDT
This book isn't mine but I came across it and it's an absolutely wonderful read, albeit poignant and heart-breaking. But it's not of the 'poor-me' variety, it's far more uplifting than that, although I still needed a Kleenex just to get through the blurb.

Why Whisper?: A Memoir
After my thirty-two-year-old son Danny committed suicide, I found no book, person, or god that could rescue me from the black hole of this unfamiliar territory. I began to journal my anguish as a way to understand his decision. This journal became more than a collection of chronicles about a life and death. It became a clear reflection of the way love could deliver me from a kind of hell I never imagined.

To those who have been faced with grief for the loss of a loved one, I hope these words will show you that you are not alone. And for those who have not, at the risk of opposing the peripheral limitations of our culture and the general public's opinions of suicide, may my words enlighten you. Mostly, I want to tell those individuals who believe their lives are not valuable that they are mistaken.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 4:46:57 AM PDT
Morning Everyone

Well Amazon finally put up my last published book. The Knight Protector

Knight Protector Yasha and vampiric Death Mage Hargon have been fighting a long standing battle. When they last were face to face Hargon destroyed what was precious to Yasha. Now they meet again. Hargon has kidnapped the Bard Elinor and plans to drain her of her bardic magic and of her life. Yasha, with the mage Rener, the blade woman Lenna and the Priestess Linette race to her rescue, hoping that this time the outcome will not be the same.

This one is more of a traditional fantasy tale with romantic overtones. For anyone who is looking for a tale of a Knight riding off to rescue his lady this one is for you.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 5:36:11 AM PDT
bookfan says:
Hi guys!

YA fantasy, but not of the dragons/dwarves type. Short read, give it a try!

Jessica Anderson, Lachlan's Quest (Lachlan's Tigers)

In a small outpost of the kingdom of Regentia, a region known for centuries simply as the "Province", a journalist, Lachlan, and his band of followers organise an uprising against the rule of Regentia. Students, labour organisers, teachers, stand together to face the military might of General Bridgestone's army and his well-organised spy network. And slowly, throughout the Province, the people start to whisper its old name, its origins now lost in the mists of history, the name of Eiru.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012, 5:47:09 AM PDT
mountainmama says:
Congrats, Lisa. I 'liked' it, but you don't have any tags yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012, 5:57:15 AM PDT
MM...argghhh I put in the tags...sometimes I swear computers hate me. Adobe crashed in the middle of my poem video...*chuckle* well I will go add them in...thanks!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 9:42:09 AM PDT
Hi everyone, happy weekend.

There is no room for loneliness when two lost souls find each other, fall in love, suffer adversity and go on to enjoy heartwarming success. The spirits of Billy's Indian Ancestors and a mythical White Buffalo combine with God's inspiration to protect our young couple in this paranormal romance plus. You'll laugh and cry as life and the powers that be take them on a roller coaster ride of highs and lows. Join Billy and Cindy as they learn to love together, raise a family and experience the pure pleasure of giving back to the community. You'll relate as their wild antics take on special meaning and offer a new dimension to the art of the possible in a love story for the ages. Sequin Boy and Cindy.

Regards,
Arthur

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012, 9:55:38 AM PDT
ANN SELF says:
Read a spooky thriller! Romantic mystery/thriller series with a clean, long-term love story, intermingled with psychological suspense. The stone mansion on Springhill Estate in New England has a haunting aura, a whisper of supernatural; possibly because the building hides a stunning connection to history.
A mile out on the two-thousand acre estate, a massive gothic barn is a catacomb of hiding places--haylofts, storage spaces, and just plain empty rooms up in the nosebleed heights. Someone lurks in the overhead shadows, spying, calculating and nursing a severe hatred. Maybe one of the wealthy elite, boarding and training their pricey showhorses, or maybe one of the fancy coaches, or just a working stiff caring for the horses and cleaning stalls.

SOMETHING MOST DEADLY , SOMETHING VERY GHOSTLY , and SOMETHING MOST EVIL . Clean, long-term romance. Mild language. Three large books.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 11:24:30 AM PDT
Story Time

over 37- 4 and 5 star reviews! nominated as the best read of 2011 by the PRG! 5 stars- BittenbyBooks- 5 stars CoffeeTime reviews!
This review is from: Story Time (America's Great Emerging Authors) (Kindle Edition)
Congratulations to Linell Jeppsen for another winner! She is a first class story teller!! Story Time is an `end of times' book with a twist. You'll have to read the book to figure out what that is. The story grabs you right from the beginning and will hold you all the way through. Most of the story takes place on a ranch that sits between Kettle Falls and Colville, WA. Disaster hits Naomi and her brothers Zack and Josh in the form of earthquakes, volcano eruptions, tsunamis and a few surprises along the way, destroying pretty much the whole west coast and the world as they know it. It's an enlightening story about family and friends trying to get along with the good and the evils that would inevitably happen during such a catastrophe. You find yourself laughing and then crying as the story continues to unfold. I truly enjoyed this book and had a hard time putting it down. In fact, I plan on reading it again. And again..................

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 11:25:31 AM PDT
In the novel Johnny Oops The crazy Latin dance instructor Zooky Caliente is hot, hot, hot like the weather.

Regards,
Arthur

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 11:43:19 AM PDT
Greetings everyone. Happy Friday. Another hot weekend coming up. MM, is power imminent? Are they keeping you and your area informed? It must be unbearable to sleep at night. (I would be sleeping outside on my deck!).

Here are some Friday pitches....weekend book reading is coming up! So many good choices on this thread!

Here's the Indie Book of the Day review (verdict) from 6/26 for
Operation Neurosurgeon: You never know ... who's in the OR -

"Author Barbara Ebel creatively uses medical facts by deeply embedding them into the storyline and at the same time keeping the readers hooked. Operation Neurosurgeon stars a character whose single mistake can cost him a career but everything is not over yet, or is it? Barbara Ebel has managed to keep the suspense & mystery alive, till the very end. An enjoyable read & recommended for those who prefer detailed descriptions with logical plot progression."
- IBD Verdict
http://indiebookoftheday.com/operation-neurosurgeon-by-barbara-ebel-md/

Outcome, A Novel: There's more than a hurricane coming ... -
What looms ahead as Karen Puno and her Labrador Retriever flee the beach? As Hurricane Ivan roars towards them, a policeman is about to make a horrible mistake.

Younger Next Decade: After Fifty, the Transitional Decade, and what You Need to Know -
Tired of the same old health tips? You won't find them here! Gift yourself this fun and refreshing book written by an M.D. for women's and men's health and lifestyle, especially if you're over 50.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 11:47:27 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 9, 2012, 12:50:42 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 6, 2012, 12:10:55 PM PDT
mountainmama says:
They're saying this weekend or by next weekend at the latest, Doc. Not giving me much hope. And you wouldn't be sleeping on the deck around here - too many critters.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 1:01:54 PM PDT
Lee Emerick says:
The Zombie Apocalypse Contains both Book 1 & 2
20 Years After The Zombie Apocalypse Book 1
Harriette Madyson is the last woman alive. Twenty years ago her world came to an end when a zombie plague engulfed the population of Earth. At the tender age of seven she found herself in a nightmarish situation where the dead literally returned to life. Left with little to use and nowhere to hide Harri now finds herself stalked across the frozen desolate landscape of North America pursued by the former love of her life. All that she has to keep her going is the hope that she can make it home to die in peace.
Survival After The Zombie Apocalypse Book 2
Konnor Roland picks up from where Harriett Madyson left off in the next installment of the Zombie Apocalypse series.
In the last bastion of the old world, Konnor finds humanity's future threatened again, as the machinery of the past they have grown reliant on breaks down.
With little choice, Konnor must enter an old military underground bunker full of danger and death to repair a water purifier before mass panic ensues above ground, bringing an end to the last survivors of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Super Nova - Books 1 & 2 Both Super Nova books available as one volume!
Super Nova
Set over 100 years in the future, Commander Jack Emerick finds him self in a difficult situation. His team have been tasked with securing a disabled military facility in a far flung uninhabited area of space. However when they get there they find something far more sinister than a mutinous crew or terrorist activity that threatens the future survival of all mankind.
Mechanical Jihad (Super Nova) Sequel to Super Nova
Jack and Cantrell return to find themselves in troubling times. Yet again the Mechanicals are plotting against humanity only this time their plans come to fruition. This latest tale in the Super Nova series finds humanity on the brink of extinction as they fight for their very right to survive. Live and let live is something that the Mechanicals do not understand.

Mind of a Killer
What would you do, if as a child you witnessed brutal murders in your dreams?
The media describe you as psychic; the medical profession believe you are insane!
Your parents take their own lives as they struggle to live with your strange gifts.
Do you break down; mentally crack under the strain of the horrific visions and media attention? Or do you put your bizarre gift to good use and catch those responsible for their crimes?
Ian Rivers was that child. Now he is out to catch whoever is responsible.

Extinction Theory
Sydney Trent, a mass extinction theorist unfortunately finds one of his darkest theories becoming reality as humanity faces it own possible extinction. In a race against time Sydney must face and fight his own demons as the dead literally take to their feet. A spin on the popular zombie genre this book goes against the grain by exploring what else could create and drive a zombie as well as a nightmare zombie outbreak!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 1:02:53 PM PDT
Lee Emerick says:
The Zombie Apocalypse Contains both Book 1 & 2
20 Years After The Zombie Apocalypse Book 1
Harriette Madyson is the last woman alive. Twenty years ago her world came to an end when a zombie plague engulfed the population of Earth. At the tender age of seven she found herself in a nightmarish situation where the dead literally returned to life. Left with little to use and nowhere to hide Harri now finds herself stalked across the frozen desolate landscape of North America pursued by the former love of her life. All that she has to keep her going is the hope that she can make it home to die in peace.
Survival After The Zombie Apocalypse Book 2
Konnor Roland picks up from where Harriett Madyson left off in the next installment of the Zombie Apocalypse series.
In the last bastion of the old world, Konnor finds humanity's future threatened again, as the machinery of the past they have grown reliant on breaks down.
With little choice, Konnor must enter an old military underground bunker full of danger and death to repair a water purifier before mass panic ensues above ground, bringing an end to the last survivors of the Zombie Apocalypse.

Super Nova - Books 1 & 2 Both Super Nova books available as one volume!
Super Nova
Set over 100 years in the future, Commander Jack Emerick finds him self in a difficult situation. His team have been tasked with securing a disabled military facility in a far flung uninhabited area of space. However when they get there they find something far more sinister than a mutinous crew or terrorist activity that threatens the future survival of all mankind.
Mechanical Jihad (Super Nova) Sequel to Super Nova
Jack and Cantrell return to find themselves in troubling times. Yet again the Mechanicals are plotting against humanity only this time their plans come to fruition. This latest tale in the Super Nova series finds humanity on the brink of extinction as they fight for their very right to survive. Live and let live is something that the Mechanicals do not understand.

Mind of a Killer
What would you do, if as a child you witnessed brutal murders in your dreams?
The media describe you as psychic; the medical profession believe you are insane!
Your parents take their own lives as they struggle to live with your strange gifts.
Do you break down; mentally crack under the strain of the horrific visions and media attention? Or do you put your bizarre gift to good use and catch those responsible for their crimes?
Ian Rivers was that child. Now he is out to catch whoever is responsible.

Extinction Theory
Sydney Trent, a mass extinction theorist unfortunately finds one of his darkest theories becoming reality as humanity faces it own possible extinction. In a race against time Sydney must face and fight his own demons as the dead literally take to their feet. A spin on the popular zombie genre this book goes against the grain by exploring what else could create and drive a zombie as well as a nightmare zombie outbreak!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 6:48:12 PM PDT
Hello Everybody! A few suggestions for your weekend read:
TIME FOR A KILLING 4 and 5-Stars. "Set against the City of Angels glittering facade, Linda Brenner, the beautiful wife of an LAPD police officer is shot and killed, execution-style in her Hollywood apartment. No witnesses. No clues. No suspects." $2.99

DELIVER US FROM EVIL 5-Stars. "Mystery surrounds the case of twelve-year-old Danny Novak, who vanishes without a trace from an outing at Camp Sierra, a Catholic boys' summer camp, high in the San Bernardino Mountains." $2.99

PRESCRIPTION: MURDER Just released. "In the City of Angels, cosmetic surgeon Dr. Richard Hirsch's nefarious plan to murder his wife goes terribly awry---it'll take more than a hit man to cure his $30 million obsession." $3.99

Do hope you will check these books out!

Best,

John L.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 7:04:31 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
No Man's Land
"...defies categorization...well written and impeccably edited...it isn't for the faint of heart or the weak of stomach. It pulls no punches."

Nothing is ever what it seems in Hollywood. A private investigator with a troubled past suspects that someone is trying to set him up. As he follows the bloody trail of evidence, he is led into a violent and unexpected No Man's Land.

No Man's Land: a brutal love story.

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 8:43:13 PM PDT
David Manuel says:
Richard Paladin works in the shadows eliminating terrorists, spies, and just general riff-raff who threaten the security of the United States. At least, he assumed that's who he'd be killing when he was hired into a secret department of the Environmental Protection Agency. But when one of his "clients" turns out to be a seemingly harmless Missouri housewife, then he's ordered to eliminate the owner of the local northern Virginia bar he frequents, he starts to ask himself a few questions-like what any of this has to do with the U.S. Government's reluctance to sign the Kyoto Protocol. Still, if he can run the gauntlet of spies and goons who keep cropping up unexpectedly, he might just be able to hold onto his job and keep doing what he loves-arranging fatal accidents and suicides. Because Richard Paladin hasn't got a clue what he would do for a living if he loses his job as a government killer.

Killer Protocols (Richard Paladin Series). Buy it and keep Paladin employed. You don't want him out of a job and blaming you.

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 9:11:23 PM PDT
MM, I am feeling so badly for you, I hope your power is up tomorrow!!

Posted on Jul 6, 2012, 9:45:45 PM PDT
John Patin says:
Picket duty is boring... until suddenly it isn't. FM, an 11,000+ word Science Fiction novelette in more Tales from TOMORROW, the latest issue of Tales from TOMORROW
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  866
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  May 8, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 25, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 55 customers