Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by The Lone Bellow Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Meet Our Authors forum

Great low price books for the weekend!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 51 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 17, 2012, 6:37:54 AM PST
Gecko129 says:
Authors add your books....

Curl up this weekend with Shadowland, a YA story of historical fantasy set in Dark Ages Britain.
....only .99 cents....!

`I have lived more years than I can remember, probably more than the sum of all your years combined. Kings have called me friend and brigands have sworn to burn the flesh from my bones even if they have to search all seven halls of the shadowland to find me.'

On the night of midwinter's eve, a storyteller takes his listeners back to the Dark ages and a tale from his youth.

Deserted by its Roman masters, Britain has been invaded by the Saxons at the invitation of Vortigern, traitorous leader of the Britons. Now, as the tribes unite to reclaim their land, one man must rise to lead them and become their true and only king.

Shadowland

Posted on Feb 17, 2012, 11:11:19 AM PST
pmr says:
Hi Gecko - Thanks for the thread. Your book sounds great. - I'll add a romantic suspense.

Midnight Reflections

Julia's Midnight Reflections actually happened at four in the morning. She was watching a handsome man sleeping in her bed. She rescued him while Robin was playing a dangerous undercover role to help her solve a murder. She herself is playing her own undercover role, working for the man she suspects of several contract kills. Together they discover information so deadly and inflammatory they are forced to confront a powerful and murderous politician.

The price is $2.99 - so have fun reading.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012, 11:23:59 AM PST
My Temporary Life

MY TEMPORARY LIFE
#2 Mystery/Thrillers!
#2 Romance/Suspense!
#11 Overall!
Amazon Mover and Shaker!

"I kept thinking is this a true story, I couldn't put it down, I loved this book!"

"Martin Crosbie has created a world where a hero can emerge from the ashes of sadness and fight for those who cannot fight for themselves."

"It's a "coming of age", a great thriller, a true romance, the journey of one man's life and the thrilling road he took for his own redemption. Then there was Hardly, oh Hardly..."

Heroes are not born. They're made.

Malcolm Stewart's strength was forged during harsh childhood days-ugly days when he faced down schoolyard bullies and endured the neglect of a promiscuous mother. It is a strength that he has wielded to defend himself and his friends.

Yet those years and traumas have taken their toll. Somewhere along the way, Malcolm Stewart lost his love of life.

That changes the day when beautiful, tempestuous Heather enters his world. He feels the stirrings of something long dormant. And when he learns of Heather's own abusive childhood-and the daughter that she was forced to leave behind-Malcolm knows one thing:

He must help Heather get her little girl back.

Their harrowing quest takes them from Scotland to a remote corner of Canada. There, Malcolm faces more than he bargained for-from being accused of kidnapping, to being targeted by an enraged psycho. And he discovers that Heather's story is more tragic than he could ever have imagined.

Yet his love for this woman with the flaming red hair-and for a little girl he has yet to meet-gives Malcolm Stewart the one thing he desperately needs: A chance to be reborn.

A chance to become the hero he never dreamed he could be.

Martin Crosbie's debut novel has been attracting extraordinary attention. Read the first few pages and you will see why. This thrilling romantic suspense will take you on a journey that you're not likely to forget.

My Temporary Life-Book One of the My Temporary Life Trilogy

Posted on Feb 17, 2012, 11:36:45 AM PST
otterific says:
Yellowstone Heart Song (Yellowstone Romance Series) and Yellowstone Redemption (Yellowstone Romance Series)
Curl up with a good romance or two.

Posted on Feb 17, 2012, 11:48:01 AM PST
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~X

Flies for the Mayans

"...excellent work, well written, brilliantly envisioned and creatively thought through."

"It is not a book you finish and forget...A word of caution: If you are easily offended by religious satire, this book may not be for you. But if you enjoy this kind of satire, you are in for a ride."

God's having a bad day. Once upon a time, He made the mistake of dividing Heaven into realms and provinces, overseen by deities jostling for territory and profits. Now everything is sliding out of control. The one-time Creator of the Universe is estranged from his son, riddled with guilt, and fighting battles on multiple fronts. His few remaining rules are being bypassed, His angels are turning up dead.

Unless He can find out who is gunning for Him, the unthinkable might occur.

'Flies for the Mayans' is a violent dark comedy of post-Biblical proportions. Get ready for a roller-coaster ride into unexpected territory.

Flies for the Mayans

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~

Posted on Feb 18, 2012, 12:04:31 AM PST
Gecko129 says:
Keep adding books authors!

Posted on Feb 18, 2012, 1:43:38 AM PST
I'll add my 99 cents worth: Hope in the Dark: A Collection of Short Sermons
Do you need uplifted? Emotionally? Spiritually?
Find it here -
In this collection of messages - From my heart to yours

Peace - Joy - Inspiration - Enlightenment

God is good - All the time - All the time - God is good

Posted on Feb 18, 2012, 1:45:28 AM PST
Norma Louise says:
Mine are both currently 99c:

SILVER: Acheron (A River of Pain) (The SILVER Series)
SILVER: The Lost & Damned (Part One) (The SILVER Series)

The first two books in a 10-book post-apocalyptic SF series.

@mylostanddamned

Posted on Feb 18, 2012, 2:48:23 AM PST
Can't get better than free .. but only for Feb 18
Flowers for the Girl

Posted on Feb 24, 2012, 2:33:42 AM PST
Gecko129 says:
Shadowland

Shadowland is a fantastic YA story set in Dark Ages Britain.

Witness the birth of a Legend!

On the night of midwinter's eve, a storyteller takes his listeners back to the Dark ages and a tale from his youth.

`I have lived more years than I can remember, probably more than the sum of all your years combined. Kings have called me friend and brigands have sworn to burn the flesh from my bones even if they have to search all seven halls of the shadowland to find me.'

Deserted by its Roman masters, Britain has been invaded by the Saxons at the invitation of Vortigern, traitorous leader of the Britons. Now, as the tribes unite to reclaim their land, one man must rise to lead them and become their true and only king.

Shadowland

Posted on Feb 24, 2012, 2:50:04 AM PST
The Space Between (Tribes of the Hakahei)

Sherwood Forest, Machu Picchu, Area 51, distant worlds and magical gateways. An alien invasion, elves and dwarves. Bad attitudes, strong coffee and wonder-bras. This book has got everything.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012, 2:54:44 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012, 2:58:23 AM PST
Affairs of the Heart
Mine is only 2.15$ now.
A book about love :)

Posted on Feb 24, 2012, 3:10:42 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 24, 2012, 3:11:12 AM PST
DEADLINE. A newspaper thriller. $2.99. Less than the price of a coffee and donut. No calories but plenty of thrills.

Posted on Feb 24, 2012, 3:40:12 AM PST
The millionaire falls hard

This is on free promotion for the 24th and 25th February. It's a steamy read and is surprisingly being enjoyed by men as well as women. Who would have thought? Please take advantage of this promotion. It's best enjoyed with a comfy chair and a glass of your favorite tipple. Bliss!

Posted on Feb 24, 2012, 6:02:24 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 29, 2014, 4:53:14 PM PST]

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 10:35:34 AM PST
Gecko129 says:
Shadowland

If you like the YA, historical or fantasy genres then please give this a try, you'll be glad you did and so will I!

Shadowland  is a YA story of historical fantasy set in Dark Ages Britain.

Shadowland

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 11:05:42 AM PST
SarahMac says:
I have two mysteries to offer, both at 99 cents.

Summer Is Murder

To Go To Sleep In The Dark

Also, currently free, is my fantasy,

SISTER

Please check them out.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 11:31:19 AM PST
MaxwellBlack says:
The Screen Conspiracy $0.99

Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Excellent, 15 Jan 2012
It was a very fast moving and excellent story. I thought that the author covered some unpleasant aspects in the story without going into too much detail, which made it a more pleasant read for me personally.

Product Description:

Saber Hill, a colonial mansion close to post 911 Washington where nothing is what it seems. Not knowing that can cost you your life.

The Screen Conspiracy intertwines a range of sensitive social and political issues in a 330 page novel, encompassing all the hallmarks of a good murder, mystery and suspense thriller with strongly developed characters, each with their own unique story.

Jack Halpin, once an up and coming senior executive, is on a downward career and personal projectory. His beliefs and all the vestiges of his career and privileged family life are challenged as he is submerged in a dangerous world for which he is ill prepared. A member of the Fairfax Gun Club, Jack is a traditionalist who believes in the right to bear arms, law and order. He has a strained relationship with his wife Poppy, the daughter of respected Senator Jock Kessles, a man who is deeply disappointed in his unsuccessful son-in-law.

Unknown to Jack, the mysterious death of a senator is the signature tune to a traumatic change in his world and everything he has taken for granted. Surviving the onslaught of rapid, life or death challenges and the sinister forces facing him, will require all his resolve. This journey will bring him face to face with murder, political intrigue, depravity and betrayal.

The Screen Conspiracy is an intelligent thriller which uses fiction and an array of unique characters, to tease out a political conspiracy where evil, reality and patriotism overlap seamlessly. Strong characters, unexpected consequences, racy humor and a readable, escalating tempo combine to make this a novel that immerses the reader in the storyline and search for justice.

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 11:50:45 AM PST
R Thompson says:
Kindle freebie erotica Saturday

The Sexual Awakening of a Lady of Class - Post WW1 class culture clash

SHORT READS - Sexy Deeds - 'Avon Calling - a comical affair', 'Striking Back', 'Black Widow'

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 11:59:50 AM PST
K.L. Ogden says:
Sweet Burden $2.99

Hitomi Beaumann isn't supposed to live to see her 18th birthday.

Hitomi has always been just an average girl in a small town. But now she's being followed and her skin prickles every time the eyes are on her. After escaping a brutal attack thanks to a mysterious young man, she discovers he is one of the ones who have been watching her. Obsidian has jet black hair, red eyes and an attitude to match. As she finds herself drawn to Obsidian, she also realizes that he might just be as evil as he wants her to believe.

With someone trying to kill Hitomi and her birthday drawing closer, she finds herself plunged into a reality where a power struggle has been raging for years between mystical realms, humans are not the only beings and most of her life has been a lie.

Will Hitomi make it to her 18th birthday to discover secrets hidden from her? Will Obsidian be there to protect her or will he be the one to end her?

This is Book 1 of the Sweet Burden Series. Book 2 is scheduled for release the summer of 2012.

Thanks and Happy Reading!
K. L. Ogden

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 12:25:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 25, 2012, 12:26:06 PM PST
CMPrivett says:
I have an epic fantasy trilogy, available for $0.99 each. It is set in a technologically near-modern fictional world and brings in elements of high fantasy.
The Abyssal Night (Echoes of Oblivion)
Shards of Chaos (Echoes of Oblivion)
The Shattered Veil (Echoes of Oblivion)

My prequel is also up for $0.99. Mayfly Requiem is the confession of a fallen immortal who has lived 2500 years of history in the world of Echoes of Oblivion.
Mayfly Requiem

Posted on Feb 25, 2012, 1:10:09 PM PST
Two of my books are available for FREE today (Saturday 25 February):

A Multitude of Daggers This is a fun fantasy novella in the heroic adventure vein featuring flying oppressors, bloody revolution and an afterworld staffed by therapists.

The Glaze from Breaking This is a poetry collection which reviewers called "sharp and vivid" (Verse) and "both unusual and just right" (Shearsman). It has risen to #3 in Free Kindle Poetry today!

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 6:52:57 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 22, 2012, 8:11:44 PM PDT
C.T. says:
Winner:
International Benjamin Franklin Awards™
Silver Award for "Best New Voice - Fiction"

With the recent RMS Titanic Centennial, in remembrance of the tragic sinking of the magnificent ship -- here is a short historical-fiction excerpt from my cross-genre suspense-thriller, OMAR: A Novel (A Cary Parker Thriller - For fans of Clive Cussler, Tom Clancy, Robert Ludlum, Jack Higgins and Wilbur Smith).

- A Ravaged RMS Titanic at rest in the North Atlantic
- Mercenary Treasure Seekers
- A Complex Web of International Intrigue

Enjoy this excerpt... then download this action/adventure thriller, OMAR: A Novel, to your favorite e-reader. Download it, today!

LAUNCH OF THE TITANIC - FOR FITTING-OUT
BELFAST, IRELAND-MAY 31, 1911

.... The black-painted hull of the Titanic rested in its massive gantry-its belly empty of the soon to be installed lavish outfittings--waiting to be fed as the bellies of those who had built her. Though the ceremony would be simple, lacking the christening usually associated with such affairs, this was not a time for humility.

By 11:30, expensively outfitted participants and observers covered the shipyard from one end to the other. Irish pride was pardonable, as all eyes gazed at what newspapers would proclaim the day after, "A Masterpiece of Irish Brains and Industry."

It only occurred to a select few, and the financiers who risked their capital on this venture, that most of the money invested in Titanic came from American capitalists. U.S. Steel magnate J. Pierpont Morgan and his Trust-International Merchant Marine, had controlling interest in the group of White Star Line investors....

Edwardian overconfidence guided the day. If something wrong were found at that moment, there was little chance anything would be done. The clock was in motion.

"Look!" a youngster exclaimed from the wharf. "Look at the man." Attention focused toward the rear of the ship.

On the Titanic's sternpost, a solitary red flag signaled a "stand clear" warning to the tugs and spectator fleet. It was exactly 12:05.

The ways were set for the ship to glide down the huge stocks of timber and into the bay. Eighteen tons of tallow, train oil and soft soap greased the way for a smooth entry at Spencer Basin. Thousands of spectators felt tremendous anticipation as the time drew near.

Unexpectedly, a rocket fired into the air to announce the five-minute mark. Throughout the bay, talk and laughter turned to whispers. Last minute clanging and banging of tools up and down the wharf, and on board the Titanic itself, became silent. The time was 12:10.

The expectation of an exemplary moment was close at hand. Young and old stood together knowing history was being made. The warmth of the early afternoon heightened the excitement. Nothing would dampen the success of the launch.

With a loud whoosh, another rocket signaled the moment for which everyone had been waiting. Total silence took over Spencer Basin. Children held their breath. Parents squeezed their hands tightly in anticipation.

And investors and shipbuilders said silent prayers.

At 12:14 the Titanic was officially launched. But the 882-foot, 46,328 ton giant appeared to lay motionless on its stocks. Inertia held on tightly as the massive hulk of steel imperceptibly inched forward. Everyone stood in awe, wondering if the ship would move down the ways. The hush and stillness over the crowd of thousands froze the moment in time.

High above, on deck, the ship's workers perceived slight movement beneath them. The first to cheer, their joy echoed across the quiet shipyard from building to building and boat to boat. Everyone realized the Titanic was moving. The spirited cheering became contagious and grew louder and louder with each inch -then each foot of movement.

The entire section of Albert Quay was awash with cacophonous sounds. Gigantic anchor chains thundered behind to slow the ship as she floated into the water. Ship whistles and boat horns, yelps and hurrahs, laughter and applause mixed with sounds of crackling brace-timbers that had once held the mighty ship at bay.

The vessel gained momentum as it slipped over the well-greased ways. And sixty-two seconds later the Titanic floated toward the fitting-out berth, deftly guided by a contingent of tugs.

In the private grandstand, investors breathed a sigh of relief and allowed themselves a cautious smile. Then, Victorian taboos aside, strangers hugged strangers. Children and adults jumped up and down with joy. And laborers gleefully beat co-workers with their caps as the Titanic moved to its temporary berth.
--------

OMAR: A Novel (A Cary Parker Thriller). Use the free wireless delivery to download, today!

Appreciate your consideration,

Follow @Craigt1

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 7:30:35 PM PDT
Ian Fraser says:
-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~
The Depths of Deception (16 five-star reviews)

"Intelligent, compelling." "Hauntingly beautiful."

"An adventure tale on the order of LeCarre's The Spy Who Came in from the Cold..."

America has disappeared some years ago. A neo-fascist Party has come to power in the UK. China is on the rise. A submarine hurtles through the cold dark waters of the Atlantic en route to an unknown destination. Only the ship's doctor knows its true mission, but he is not who he appears to be.

A sweeping tale moving from the violent heart of Apartheid South Africa, to the ruins of the United Kingdom, and down to the edge of the world in the frozen Antarctic landscape, The Depths of Deception is a tale of revenge, served as a shatteringly cold dish.

-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~-=~~

Posted on Apr 8, 2012, 7:35:51 PM PDT
L.J. deVet says:
ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron)

$2.99
A fantasy fiction novel for children, teens and young adults.
What does a Sorcerer-Guardian do when his perfect world begins to crumble around him?

Also available in print ($11.99)
ALTOR: The Shadow Rebellion (The Chronicles of Ageron) (Volume 1)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Meet Our Authors forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1995 Jul 18, 2017
Just curious, do authors here read comments from readers on Amazon forums? 710 14 hours ago
Kindle Unlimited: Mystery, Thriller & Suspense 1 15 hours ago
Authors: Promote Your Book In One Sentence 2381 18 hours ago
Want your ebook reviewed - post it here! 442 18 hours ago
List all 99 cent science fiction books 2955 18 hours ago
The Wordsmyth is in the 18th Dimension (and it's so strange!) 9651 23 hours ago
Welcome To The Kindle Comfort Inn - 5 we are rolling over . Come join us! 5589 1 day ago
Genre: Thriller/Suspense - Readers searching for such books, please visit here. Authors of such books, please post yours here. 1296 1 day ago
Looking for PAPERBACK or HARDBACK only, please 8 1 day ago
Realistic Futuristic Cafe 51 1 day ago
Kindle book promotions - post yours here 1820 1 day ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Meet Our Authors forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  51
Initial post:  Feb 17, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers