Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Newly bought/"acquired" metal

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jan 16, 2010, 12:24:41 PM PST
just got a limited to 2,000 pressing of the Diamond Head cd "Borrowed Time"...pretty sweet!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 16, 2010, 1:06:03 PM PST
What is it exactly that you were looking to obtain that I bought out from under you? Maybe we could work out a deal, I think you have posted that you've got a Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness cd I wouldn't mind being able to listen to. I still remember the day I youtubed The Vampiric Tyrant. Wouldn't mind getting my hands on summadat.

Posted on Jan 16, 2010, 1:08:27 PM PST
lololololol

Posted on Jan 16, 2010, 1:14:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 16, 2010, 1:14:24 PM PST
WNBS: All I have is a downloaded copy, I'm afraid. And we all know you stole that Anaal Nathrakh CD from under me...don't deny it!! I don't think you could trade anything with me anyways, I probably don't have anything you want, at least not physically. All I'm asking is for you to either keep your grubby paws off whatever it might be that I want, or to burn me a copy, at least, if you absolutely MUST steal it from me. :P Speaking of which...

In the past hour or so, I've DLed:

Final Thoughts - Dreams of Self Defeat EP
Urna - Iter Ad Lucem
Malleus Maleficarum - Taedium Vitae
Terrorizer - World Downfall

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2010, 11:55:36 AM PST
Hey Bringer,

Could you give me some details about Impiety, Lunaris, and Ureghal, because I'm not familiar. You and I have very similar tastes in music so I'm thinkin' I need to know about these bands.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2010, 11:58:05 AM PST
what's so funny? is Satanic Warmaster - Carelian Satanist Madness vinyl only or something?

Posted on Jan 17, 2010, 1:36:16 PM PST
amanda_13 says:
WNBS - You would like Urgehal.......check out this lil' ditty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh8_GhH92xo.......\m/ (apparently their lyrics are quite controversial............then again, so are most bm'ers...............) woot!

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:07:30 AM PST
New DLs (of course, as if I ever have money to buy anything):

Sombres Forêts - Quintessence (stunning album already, and I'm only on the second track)
Grimnorth - My Shout Song to Deaths demo
Warloghe - The First Possession

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:15:13 AM PST
^someday your going to have to tell me where you get these DL from..and how you avoid viruses

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:18:21 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 18, 2010, 11:21:27 AM PST
Trekker1 says:
Private trackers are where it's at d00d.

Uh to contribute to the thread...I think the last thing I bought that was metal was...Endgame on vinyl (actually I got Invaders Must Die vinyl for 15 bucks {in America, woot} but this is a metal thread), and Subterranean Masquerade in FLAC.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:21:34 AM PST
you may as well be talking sandscrit to me brother

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:22:39 AM PST
That day is today!! Here's the secret, passed down to me from a master of downloading obscure thrash/death metal...

Search (preferably in google) for the band and/or album you're looking for and then "blogspot." So if I were looking for that Warloghe album, I could put in "warloghe first possession blogspot." You'll get links to a bunch of different blogs that host sites where you can DL it. If you just want to browse, just look for the type of metal you're looking for + blogspot (ie: "death metal blogspot"). My personal favorites are rapidshare and megaupload links; I'm sometimes wary of mediafire because there's a lot of pop-ups. But since it's off sites run by actual people who upload the albums themselves, it's pretty safe.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010, 11:25:09 AM PST
Justin G. says:
I love that album, and the Metal Mind reissue is indeed pretty sweet. Canterbury is also good, but it's not as "metal".

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010, 11:26:40 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 18, 2010, 12:09:37 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:27:16 AM PST
Justin G. says:
My latest buy was White Wizzard's High Speed GTO, which I bought from the band at the Korpiklaani/TYR/Swashbuckle/WW show on Saturday. I debated picking up more TYR and Korpiklaani, but they seem like bands that if you've heard one, you've heard em all.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:27:36 AM PST
why thank you exploder of pools..I shall save and use this knowledge

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:33:41 AM PST
Trekker1 says:
You could also enter into the P2P world with torrents, a lot of bands actually release stuff in those veins and are among the community (Trent Reznor coming to mind)
Don't go with something like WinMX or Limewire, you're just asking for trouble with that. The problem with public torrenting is the accountability with audio file quality. They may say it's 320kbps, the file itself may be, but a lot of the time you'll get a transcode, which results in repulsive distortion. A good way to avoid that is "scene" v2 torrents that aren't any climax of quality, but usually work for the common listener. A decent one that comes to mind is a guy named Rockbox on h33t.com, the dude ups mostly good metal stuff. If you start reading discussions and whatnot, you'll hear about private trackers, and that is the crux of the community. They're secretive, resourceful, have requirements and you need an invite to get in, which is the hard part. It might come along though.

Totally waiting for this to get deleted, even though I've said nothing that has legal recourse. :D

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:37:05 AM PST
I have no idea what you just said...god Ive become my father

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:43:24 AM PST
Trekker1 says:
Ok well now we're getting into P2P mechanics and digital audio compression, which is better suited for you to read from online articles.

In short: download uTorrent, check this out http://www.h33t.com/userdetails.php?id=149520 and get something. It's all v2 (160 - 240kbps I think, the v standing for variable, the 2 being a level of variable compression) unless stated otherwise. Another place to check out would be Torrentz. It searches other sites for you and gives you the results. "Viruses" aren't really a worry with music, and if you have a good AV, it shouldn't matter.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 11:51:38 AM PST
I'm going to that Tyr, Korpiklaani, White Wizzard show on the 30th (and Nile, immolation show the previous Wendsday) so I youtubed some White Wizzard. They are pretty fun. That High Speed GTO song is stuck in my head right now.
As far as Tyr goes Eric the Red and Ragnarok are both amazing albums. Anything else you can skip. I have all their albums but none of them are as good as those two.
Korpiklaani I never really got into. All their albums sound pretty much the same to me but i've never tried very hard to get into them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2010, 12:03:00 PM PST
Justin G. says:
Korpiklaani is a blast live. Sadly, I had to drive myself home so I couldn't get intoxicated enough to fully appreciate their set.

My next show is Paul Di'Anno and Icarus Witch on the 31st, which I am totally psyched to see.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 2:30:57 PM PST
I hate torrents. The only thing I was ever able to download with one (without getting a corrupted file, anyways) was the movie "Antichrist," and even then, I haven't been able to completely delete it off my comp, which is irritating. One of my friends is a big computer geek and he seems to think it's easier for "the man" to monitor your downloads with them. Don't ask me, I don't understand them. I tried uTorrent once and hated it. My method is far better, especially if you're as torrent illiterate as I am. :P

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 2:35:30 PM PST
Trekker1 says:
Yeah I have no idea what problem you're talking about heh. "The Man" can't track computers without IPs too ;)

Still surprised my posts haven't been zapped.

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 2:38:19 PM PST
One of them was...and it was directed at me. [narrows eyes]

Posted on Jan 18, 2010, 2:40:33 PM PST
Trekker1 says:
Wait...they deleted THAT ONE? Nooooobs.

That was me just saying that those songs from Blogspot are probably like 64kbit transcodes :P
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  211
Total posts:  5281
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2010
Latest post:  15 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers