Your Garage Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Book House Cleaning siliconvalley siliconvalley siliconvalley  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Metal forum

Favorite Christian Metal band?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 224 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 14, 2012, 8:44:00 PM PDT
A customer says:
That whole Rotting Christ fiasco really made me lose some respect for Dave. Especially amusing was reading all the fanboys rant about how right Dave is and how "Rotting Christ sux and all death metal sounds the same".

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 8:46:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 8:55:01 PM PDT
Yeah music created during a time period when dogmatic religious ruled and the oppression of people are legitimate. Of course I was referencing popular music.... the whole theme of them doing this is that they think they need to sway people from the "evils" of rock and roll. I have set through many videos trying to show me the evils of rock and roll and I have laughed all the way through them and just goes to show they don't research anything.

I don't separate them they separate themselves.

Nothing get me pumped up more than black metal with "a inspirational message" that sounds like black metal or death metal bands that have been doing it longer and actually invented it. I don't pay to much attention to lyrics but the lyrics are atrocious.

Now I am done with this......"Good day sir"

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 8:49:31 PM PDT
We see eye to eye on this but are miles apart on other things

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 8:57:36 PM PDT
A customer says:
Really? I think we've gotten along quite well in the few years we've been posting here. No need for the sarcastic sign-off; you know I love to play me some Devil's advocate. You done good.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 9:07:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 14, 2012, 9:09:02 PM PDT
No it's not that, I just don't want to get all wrapped up in this, I admittedly have a problem with dogmatic religions and it will lead to things outside of the music world. I want to discuss music only which is something I have a lot of passion for and has been my one true friend for many years.

I wasn't giving you a sarcastic sign off it was a line from 'How I Met Your Mother' I just always wanted to use it....LOL

In all honesty I use to be forced to listen to 'christian' metal as a kid like Stryper, Whitecross, and so forth and I am glad to be rid of it.

I was enjoying it also I enjoy a good intelligent discussion about music, I just don't want it to consume this thread.

Posted on May 14, 2012, 9:16:18 PM PDT
A customer says:
Appy-polly-loggies. I thought you were giving me the old pissed-off-Willy-Wonka routine: "You LOSE! Good DAY SIR!"
Obviously, I was mistaken. It's been real.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 9:25:13 PM PDT
Did you change your name? What did it use to be??

Posted on May 14, 2012, 9:27:34 PM PDT
A customer says:
Ian Davison. Then GoodGirlsGetGutted. Forgive me. I've been having identity crises lately.

In reply to an earlier post on May 14, 2012, 9:30:53 PM PDT
Awww well good discussion, with that screen name I was going to tell you to go listen to Michael Sweet's solo album....LOL

Posted on May 14, 2012, 9:45:09 PM PDT
A customer says:
Aw, and I thought this was such a badass name. Don't metal and horror films go hand-in-hand no mo'? Whatever, I'm sticking with it. People on the video game forum change their screen names like twice a month. I HATE that. Don't want to be hippo-critical. I rather like hippos.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012, 5:05:44 AM PDT
@Justin Gaines
I don't care if a band is Christian, Satanic or (plug in any religious affiliation). As long as I like it, cool. Anything after "Promised Land" is garbage.

If I wanted something that sounds like new Queensryche, I would hand in my man-card and give up on life.

I'll check out Malison Rogue, thanks for the rec.

Posted on May 15, 2012, 6:13:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012, 6:15:02 AM PDT
C. Harding says:
I personally have no use for religion, but as I already stated, I respect people's religion......when it is a positive force in their life, which for many people it is. When it becomes a negative influence, not so much.

Having said that, I really don't have a problem with an individual or group who has deeply held beliefs choosing not to associate with each other in certain situations. Tours are all about promotion....promoting the music, the band and, if there is one, the message. I have no problem with a Christian band choosing to not tour with a Satanic band (or vice versa, though I can't think of any examples) because they don't want to be part of promoting that. Freedom of choice in so many aspects of life are what makes it worth living and as long as they're just choosing not to associate or tour with a band whose ethics/morals/beliefs they disagree with versus trying to insult or demean them because of their differing views, I don't see the problem.

As for the Dave Mustaine and Rotting Christ debacle, that was a different animal. For one, that was a festival, not a Megadeth tour or show. Two, if I recall correctly, Rotting Christ was already on the bill when Megadeth was asked to sign on. RC obviously does not have the popularity or the income that Megadeth does and probably needed that festival more than Megadeth ever did. Mustaine could have just quietly chosen not to play the festival and kept his reasons to himself. Instead, he chose to make it about himself versus Rotting Christ - obviously, he's going to win - and forced them off the festival bill. For an extremely successful musician to do that to musicians who are not nearly as successful or wealthy just reeks of arrogance and elitism to me. That is my problem with Mustaine. Did he forget where he came from?

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012, 11:06:34 AM PDT
Bobage says:
The perfect ending to that line would have been; "and hippopotamussess like me tooooooo!"

Posted on May 16, 2012, 7:14:34 PM PDT
wippernaut says:
Umm Extol, mainly Undeceived, which is a pretty good progressive death metal album.

Posted on May 17, 2012, 1:02:59 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
I enjoy August Burns Red, and As I Lay Dying. Not sure what other bands are Christian.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012, 2:16:47 PM PDT
They don't wear corpse paint = THEY SUCK.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2012, 2:39:27 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
I guess so. Seems to be the popular opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012, 1:23:46 PM PDT
Razr Maxx says:
Ash Krueger said:
Other Christian bands I enjoy:

Tourniquet
Vengeance Rising
Deliverance
Veni Domine

Not to get into a heated religious debate here but I fall into the category of "I don't know." I find it hard to committ to belief or a lack thereof. I sit in the middle. Maybe I'm more of a scientific skeptic. I just don't feel there's enough evidence on either side of the debate. I'm not a fan of hardcore atheists like Richard Dawkins who pretty much belittle the intelligence of people with faith and I'm not a fan of the extreme religious right who feel anyone not of their faith is a hideous demon with no sense of morals, family, respect, and "golden rule" understanding. My opinion: believe what you're comfortable believing and never tell anyone else their beliefs are wrong. At the end of the day we just don't know 100 % and could very well be the one in the wrong ourselves!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's a very good way to put it. And I agree, hardcore atheists are some of the most hateful intolerant people out there. For them to denegrate people's intelligence because they believe that there's a possibility of a, "spiritual life", let's say for lack of a better catch-all phrase, is just on the order of saying, the Earth is the center of the universe. And then on the other side, the EXTREMELY religious, (I won't call the the extreme religious right, as I don't see how politics goes with faith), their problem is their extreme reliance of quotes from the Bible to live their every day life. The problem with that is that the Bible can be interpretted in many ways, based solely on the vague way in which it was wriiten in the old language style(s) it was written in. For example, I'm Catholic, yet I and we Catholics don't go around quoting Bible phrases when confronted with a life problem. We basically live life based on the Ten Commandments and the Seven Sacraments...that's all you really need. Just a basic simple set of "laws" to govern one's behavior and everything will be fine. It has been said that if everybody followed those ten simple rules, we wouldn't need the tens of thousands of laws passed by our out-of-control legislatures.

And as for knowing if God (and an Afterlife) is real, there's just too much evidence that supports it to not be true. From reports of "near death experiences" and "paranormal" occurances, one has to admit that there's something going on after we die.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012, 1:39:19 PM PDT
Ash Krueger says:
oops... didn't mean to say religious right.

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012, 1:40:09 PM PDT
Yeah there is such thing as Afterlife....here you go

Surreality

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2012, 3:57:17 PM PDT
L. Bazan says:
That kind of pisses me off as well. Especially when he had songs like Skull Beneath the Skin and Looking down the Cross on his debut. Now all of a sudden he is against satanic lyrics? Screw that. Your faith can change but you shouldn't judge or slag others down just cause of the name of their band or subject matter. That is a pussy move!

Posted on May 26, 2012, 5:00:59 PM PDT
I must be the only one here that listens to Becoming the Archetype, they are a Christian Progressive Death Metal, sometimes splashed with some -core elements, and the good old classic Living Sacrifice. I still like what BtA has to offer, "The Physics of Fire" and "Celestial Completion" were both pretty good albums...solid work.

I must say, I still find myself listening to some Demon Hunter every once in awhile.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012, 3:54:23 PM PDT
J. Aardman says:
I personally thought that Dichotomy was BtA's best album, but they're all pretty sick. And if you like BtA you should check out Impending Doom. They're Christian Deathcore.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012, 4:13:35 PM PDT
A customer says:
Impending Doom's first album, Nailed. Dead. Risen., is exceptionally good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 4, 2012, 6:04:02 PM PDT
Tablet says:
Dying Fetus, Deicide or Vital Remains
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Metal forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Metal forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  224
Initial post:  May 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 11, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers