Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Was Brittany Murphy murdered?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 29, 2012, 6:52:53 PM PST
Georgedc says:
She accidentally killed herself with prescription drugs while she was also sick(pneumonia?).

Her husband died a few months later exactly the same way with a prescription drug overdose.

sad.

Opiates = EVIL + MURDERERS

Posted on Dec 10, 2012, 8:03:47 PM PST
S. Stalcup says:
Maybe it was a Beavis and Butthead fan who simply wanted more episodes and with LuAnn's voice out of the way, Mike Judge would have no choice but to do new episodes!

Well it's not as waterbrained as some ideas floating about this thread, is it?

Posted on Dec 10, 2012, 7:06:43 PM PST
She overdosed on echos. The fame echo chamber kills many a young star.

Posted on Dec 10, 2012, 4:25:52 PM PST
mack says:
I thought she over dosed on drugs..

Posted on Dec 10, 2012, 4:24:57 PM PST
mack says:
I thought she over dosed on drugs..

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 20, 2012, 9:25:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012, 9:30:22 AM PST
Hikari says:
@CJ Vasta
Have you seen Hollywoodland? That advances an alternate, though unproven, theory of Reeves' death. I think the official coroner's ruling was suicide, or perhaps death by misadventure, but the forensic evidence, such as the position of Reeves' body and extra bullet holes in the floor would seem to suggest that he could have been shot by a second party. There were several houseguests the evening of the incident who were not exactly forthcoming with the police in their statements of events. It seems rather odd, even if George was despondent enough to commit suicide, that he would leave a roomful of people whom he had been entertaining a short time prior, go up to his bedroom and do the deed, instead of waiting until they left.

Among the houseguests that evening were George's estranged fiancee. He had in fact just broken off their engagement. The house he was living in had been provided for him by the wife of the Hollywood mogul with whom he'd had a long-standing sexual relationship as her boy-toy, Toni Mannix. George had made a powerful enemy in the person of her husband, and had another enemy right downstairs in his living room who knew where he kept his gun. Everybody had been drinking and probably drugging, too, and George would not have been sober enough to resist an attack, were there one. Were his death a hit by the Hollywood establishment as retribution for his relationship with Toni Mannix, it would have been politic for the Hollywood PD to let the ruling of suicide stand unchallenged. The movie goes to some pains to show how the Hollywood police were largely in the pocket of the studios, turning a blind eye at celebrity-related crime. The catalyst for the film is Reeves' elderly mother hiring a private detective to conduct his own investigation because she was not satisfied that her son was in fact a suicide, only to be paid off in the end by a party vested in letting things lie. I do not know if Mrs. Reeves ever hired a private detective, but the alternate scenario put forth by the movie is both plausible and chilling.

"Hollywoodland" is a speculative scenario, but it is based on certain real facts from Reeves' life. His post-Superman career had not been a success; at the time of his death he'd been appearing as a professional wrestler, but he did have an offer of work, making him more upbeat than he'd been in quite a while. Hence the oddity of his alleged suicide at that particular juncture. Whiffs of Monroe.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 7:25:57 AM PST
C. J. Vasta says:
Speaking of celebrity conspiracy theories, George Reeves's suicide surprisingly close to the time Superman went off the air. Usually, a typecast actor sticks it out a little longer. He had done a Western in 1957. Compare that to Al (Captain Video) Hodge who stuck around for years.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 2:41:43 AM PST
Balok says:
@JB. Taylor:

> *The audience becomes quite. Their interest is peaked*

FAIL

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 1:32:26 AM PST
I would throw more questions in the debate.

Is Ena Sharples still alive?
Is Dirty Den still alive?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 12:59:53 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012, 1:00:26 AM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
I have a better question than 'Was Brittany Murphy murdered.' *The audience becomes quite. Their interest is peaked* Yep.... wait for it.... wait for it. *The crowd becomes tense* Was Elvis Murdered? *The tense and quiet audience gasps at my question even though it's more stupid than the, 'Was Brittany Murphy murdered question.*

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2012, 5:06:22 AM PST
Hikari says:
@B.
Who would you nominate to play the agents? Who are the best farcical players we've got?

No more Baekyr?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012, 10:32:15 PM PST
Now I'm really thinking that the Coen's could make a 'Burn after Reading' style farce about Department of Homeland Security agents. It almost writes itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2012, 9:51:34 PM PST
Balok says:
@Hikari:

> If the Department of Homeland Security was out to get her by poisoning her with drugs, it was a
> concerted effort that took 2 or 3 years to achieve.

Maybe the DHS operative involved was a movie fan who had seen _Notorious_ one time too many.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 5:13:37 PM PST
He's good people! I don't get over there enough anymore...

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 2:49:31 PM PST
Yes, the one and the same.

:)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 2:43:11 PM PST
are we thinking of the same Hinch??? Beatles thread Hinch???

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 10:40:00 AM PST
*with shooing hand gesture*

talk amongst yourselves...talk amongst yourselves

this is good stuff:0)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 1:07:23 AM PST
<continues filing nails, still waiting for a witty retort.....>

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 1:05:58 AM PST
Not obsessed with at all, but I like Hinch, and Jeff Donaldson.

There are many that I don't like, lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 1:00:26 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 19, 2012, 1:43:25 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 12:41:53 AM PST
<Kacee starts filing nails waiting for a witty retort>

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 12:38:57 AM PST
Nope. But I think Madame Obsession should be your new Amazon name. *Looks around at the rest of the posters* Does anybody else thank that's a good idea?

If they can understand you :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 12:33:12 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012, 12:35:15 AM PST
J.B. Taylor says:
RE: Get a life, Madame Obsession - should that be Milady questionmark?

Nope. But I think Madame Obsession should be your new Amazon name. *Looks around at the rest of the posters* Does anybody else thank that's a good idea?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012, 12:26:02 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 16, 2012, 12:31:07 AM PST
It was hysterical (not) ....... yawn

Get a life, Madame Obsession - should that be Milady questionmark?

I'm happy with the life I have, I don't feel the need for more than one, Sloanykins.

Somebody on this forum has an addiction and obsession for multiple personalities. I think he should get a life, but maybe he can't due to his environment.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 12:22:03 AM PST
apokálypsoz says:
I reckon Eminem would find it funny. Same way I did.

Get a life, Madame Obsession.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  14
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Nov 15, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer