Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

10 Worst Films Ever Made

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 303 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 9:37:36 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 4, 2012, 9:31:13 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 5:42:19 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 3, 2012, 4:55:37 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 11:23:54 AM PST
Jack and Jill starring Adam Sandler and Al Pacino...that's right, Al Pacino. This movie is truly awful. I've seen a lot of Sandler movies over the years and some of them I thought were funny and enjoyable, but a lot were pretty bad. Well, this is probably the worst Adam Sandler movie that I have ever seen, even though I will admit that some of Al Pacino scenes had me chuckling a bit. This is a movie that is so bad that you just have to see it to believe it.

Another recent movie that I thought was pretty bad was Tower Heist starring Ben Stiller, Eddie Murphy, Alan Alda, Tea Leoni, and Matthew Broderick. I went into this one thinking that it would be at least worthwhile to waste an hour and a half with on a one-time viewing, boy was I ever wrong. This movie was not funny in the least, there was no chemistry between the cast and the story was just way too unbelievable. What a big dissapointment. I'm glad that I at least didn't pay a dime to see these two movies because I saw them during a free preview cable channel weekend promotion.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 9:59:46 AM PST
JCRB says:
I just rented Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
My girlfriend wanted to see it because I got her the book and she enjoyed it. I didn't want to see it because I heard it was horrible and it certainly looked that way from the previews.

With my expectations so low I figured I would somewhat enjoy the badness. I was wrong. A very bad movie indeed. My girlfriend lost interest about half way through. I don't feel like getting into specifics but take my word for it.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 7:05:47 PM PST
Ms. Brentano says:
Since I haven't seen any new comments here lately I was just wondering if anyone has seen any recent films that would possibly fit into this category?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 2:31:34 PM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
I have to respectfully disagree with you. King Ralph was, and is, a fantastic movie. John Goodman is at his best in this film. Yes the premise is far fetched and unbelievable, but its a movie, it doesn't have to be realistic, just fun. But we are all allowed to have our opinions and I respect yours.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012, 2:26:58 PM PDT
J.A. says:
Well I'm late to the party (again) but I've got two words for you..........

King Ralph.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012, 11:32:55 AM PDT
J.B. Taylor says:
To quote Rodney King, "Can't we all just get along?"

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 10:39:46 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
That's fine and you are entitled to your opinion. I was honestly curious, but you have made your position clear. I feel like it's too bad because I get such a kick out of it and quote it and laugh about it with my brothers or other folks who dug it, and feel as though any one who didn't is sort of left out. I am sure that there are flicks you know and love that I didn't dig and therefore I am left out on that.

Memento may be clearer than Snatch, but that doesn't mean that I enjoyed it. I really did not like that movie.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012, 7:57:49 AM PDT
Steelers fan says:
The classics

"Bela Lugosi Meets A Brooklyn Gorilla" (1952)--what's worse than the actual Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis? A couple of third-rate imitators named Duke Mitchell and Sammy Petrillo. Directed by William "One Shot" Beaudine, whose nickname gives an indication of his reputation for meticulous quality.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012, 7:57:39 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 6, 2012, 8:10:42 AM PDT]

Posted on Oct 6, 2012, 7:50:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012, 7:55:09 AM PDT
Steelers fan says:
The classics

"The Bowery Boys" series--as dismal and unfunny a group of films as was ever made. (Huntz Hall is okay, though.) The stuff used to fill out bargain double features as Hollywood was competing with early television. Leo Gorcey later wanted paid for the use of his likeness on the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper" album cover; you can see where he was airbrushed out.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 7:25:00 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 6, 2012, 7:44:23 AM PDT
apokálypsoz says:
"I always feel superior to an illiterate ignoramus who thinks his own opinion is tantamount and anybody who disagrees must have something wrong with him/her."

That's funny, coz that's what I thought you were doing. Just because you found the film incomprehensible doesn't mean that it *is* incomprehensible. The FACT that I was able to comprehend actually means that what you're saying is mere opinion, and NOT fact, yet you state as fact (not opinion) your views on the film. You see? I am able, in this circumstance, to state as a fact that the film is not incomprehensible because I was able to comprehend it. This whole 'fact" thing is applicable to this circumstance, but not usually, and I'm not the type to wear my opinions as facts.

"Ask any film producer."

Including the producers of 'Snatch'?

"If a director's film is incomprehensible, whose fault is it? And I can follow "Meshes of the Afternoon", Three Days of the Condor and Takeshi Kitano's structurally bizarre Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman just fine."

And yet you found the rather straight-forward 'Snatch' beyond your comprehension. Who's fault is that?

"I suppose you're the kind of viewer who watches a film he doesn't understand and then sings its praises because "It MUST be good if some other people like it"."

I suppose you like to suppose the stupidest ish I've ever heard. And you come to that ridiculous conclusion because I was able able to comprehend a film that you are not.

Posted on Oct 6, 2012, 6:20:50 AM PDT
D. Mok says:
> clever with the [sic]. Does that make you feel superior?

Yes, I always feel superior to an illiterate ignoramus who thinks his own opinion is tantamount and anybody who disagrees must have something wrong with him/her. Ask any film producer. If a director's film is incomprehensible, whose fault is it? And I can follow "Meshes of the Afternoon", Three Days of the Condor and Takeshi Kitano's structurally bizarre Zatoichi: The Blind Swordsman just fine.

I suppose you're the kind of viewer who watches a film he doesn't understand and then sings its praises because "It MUST be good if some other people like it". Bull***t.

> By the time you've watched the whole thing a solid 35-40 minutes of it has been the same freakin scene just from a different perspective

Only the bookends of each scene in Memento are repeated. Memento's not a film everybody likes, but it's not Rashomon, and for narrative construction it's 10 times clearer than Snatch.

> Shallow characters? No impression? Bullet Tooth Tony didn't leave with an impression?

None of the story, characters or dialogue left any impression. All I remember is sitting on a couch hating myself for renting the film, wishing it were over 10 minutes into the film. I'll probably watch it again just to see what happens now, but I don't change a no-star review just because some people think it's wrong. If I watch it again and get a different impression, I'll change my tune.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 12:13:07 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I hated Memento. By the time you've watched the whole thing a solid 35-40 minutes of it has been the same freakin scene just from a different perspective. THAT was too much of a popular style. It told a story alright, not before annoying the hell out of me. I just find it interesting that such a likable flick like Snatch you would draw such conclusions from...

You sayin Mickey's mum had not one iota of humanity?

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 6, 2012, 12:10:13 AM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
It's all opinion, so fair enough I suppose.

The whole "not comprehending" thing with Snatch though? It's not that difficult to follow... thats what is so cool about it (to me and many others). The round about way the story goes intertwining as it progresses then collides in the end. It's just a cool way to put together a film. Shallow characters? No impression? Bullet Tooth Tony didn't leave with an impression? That's fine.

I just liked Stargate. Evil pharaoh aliens, and time portals, hieroglyphic keys and what not....I dug it. Not for everyone I suppose...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 9:47:49 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012, 9:51:52 PM PDT
apokálypsoz says:
We still have the problem that I, and many others, were able to follow the film without any difficulty, and that we were engaged. And I still think this fact says more about you, than it does us, or the film itself.

ps - clever with the [sic]. Does that make you feel superior?

Posted on Oct 5, 2012, 9:45:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012, 9:45:31 PM PDT
D. Mok says:
> So it's the FILMS [sic] fault that you weren't able to follow the plot?

Of course it is. It's called STORYTELLING. Watch Christopher Nolan's Memento sometime. Inception and The Usual Suspects have kaleidoscopic plots, but they keep the viewer emotionally engaged. Snatch is devoid of emotion, or even characters that have any iota of humanity. Reservoir Dogs is an example of smart-mouthed characters with needs and emotional depth. Snatch is an example of bad screenwriting.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 9:35:13 PM PDT
apokálypsoz says:
Re: Snatch

"Horrible acting."

Too many good performances to name, but off the top of my head I thought Dennis Farina, Brad Pitt, Rade Serbedzija, and Robbie Gee were stand-outs.

"Show-offy direction more interested in camera and editing tricks than showing us the necessary action and information."

Ritchie was certainly interested in being flashy. Worked for me. Didn't miss any action, that I recall.

"Nonsense plot."

Nonsense.

"Dialogue that's completely incomprehensible."

To you. I understood the whole shebang - except, of course, for certain lines mumbled forth by Brad Pitt.

"At least you know what's going on in Escape from L.A."

So it's the FILMS fault that you weren't able to follow the plot? Again, I didn't find the dialogue or plot incomprehensible, so maybe the real problem isn't that the film is incomprehensible, but rather that you weren't able to understand it. Or are all those people who were able to follow it just full of cow-dung?

Posted on Oct 5, 2012, 9:15:39 PM PDT
D. Mok says:
> I vehemently object to your listing of the Guy Ritchie film "Snatch" in a "10 Worst Films Ever Made" list...I'd be interested to hear your logic behind this...if there was any.

Horrible acting. Show-offy direction more interested in camera and editing tricks than showing us the necessary action and information. Nonsense plot. Dialogue that's completely incomprehensible. Characters that are so shallow, they leave no impression. Enough "logic" for you? Escape from L.A. is far better than Snatch. At least you know what's going on in Escape from L.A. Snatch is like a product commercial without the wit, a music video without good music.

A good film, well directed and acted, will be relateable even with incomprehensible accents. In the Name of the Father, for example. And I once watched a whole Mexican film with no subtitles, but I understood 80 per cent of what was happening without understanding one word of the Spanish dialogue. This is why good silent films work.

> ...and speaking of Kurt Russel...you mention Stargate in this list, but Escape From L.A. is not?? Although you may not have liked Stargate, it is certainly not a bad movie

It *was* a bad movie. Roland Emmerich is one of the most consistently bad filmmakers in Hollywood, and Stargate was the first time his brand of no-character, no-emotion, no-story filmmaker first reared its ugly head. Joel Schumacher looks like Elia Kazan when juxtaposed with Emmerich. Universal Soldier, Independence Day, Godzilla, The Day after Tomorrow, 2012, 10,000 B.C....one turkey after another.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 1:08:17 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012, 1:09:46 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I just remember seeing Escape From LA and thinkin nothing much of it - at all. I certainly wouldn't call it worst movie ever - but I made that statement illustrating my surprise Stargate would be on that list over that one.....not that I think either should be there.....

A movie like Hard Candy should be on this list. And I have gone over in fine detail why I think so elsewhere in this forum.

EDIT: I suppose that doesn't exactly help my argument though....I just reaaaaly didn't like Hard Candy - and did not think it was a very good movie - at all. I suppose it's not fair to call it worst movie ever though - following my logic of course....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 1:05:08 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I see my argument in their favor is somewhat simplistic. I mean, Snatch, for someone to watch it - then say I rank that among the worst films I've ever seen, I feel is ignoring the quality of writing, on-screen performances, and the story telling style as a whole. Excellent dialogue, very diverse, interesting, and funny characters that collide in a very explosive fashion. It is very original. Smokin Aces and Luck Number Slevin literally attempted to capture what that film achieved. It's like a Scrooge around the Holiday's. Sometimes everyone is just all caught up in the festivities, the decorations, seeing family (you want to see and miss), getting together with friends, - just a collective warm and fuzzy feeling - then this guy who just lets that all bring him down. In fact puts him in a bad mood just because everyone else is in such great moods. (I know there's a lot of pretty heavy reasons someone could hate the holidays, and I don't mean them). I just mean a plain old scrooge. Snatch to me is like that warm and fuzzy Christmas time feeling, and not liking it is like denying a reason a lot of people use to be happy, just because.

I mean, maybe the British accent is annoying, maybe Brad Pitt's slur in the film just bothers them, maybe they hate Jason Statham - before he became an action star of sorts...maybe they hate Guy Ritchie...I'm just curious. I really like the movie - and am always interested as to why someone would not.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 12:59:07 PM PDT
Fascinus says:
KB: PS John Carpenter, despite his decline, is a talented filmmaker.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 12:57:38 PM PDT
Fascinus says:
KB: The whole thing is a category error. Many of these films may be imperfect or downright indefensible, but there are too many films made to pick them as the worst. Perhaps you need to pick an aesthetic position for your definition. Maybe a film that was skillfully made but diminished greatly the possibility of a good film being made in Hollywood would work - like Jaws or Star Wars.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012, 12:41:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 5, 2012, 12:51:27 PM PDT
Kevin Beirne says:
I vehemently object to your listing of the Guy Ritchie film "Snatch" in a "10 Worst Films Ever Made" list. Without going over the repeated argument that it is completely subjective how you or I felt about the movie - there is in fact nothing about that film that would categorize it even in the remote vicinity of "worst film ever made". I believe it is foolish to say it is such, whatever your reasons are. I'd be interested to hear your logic behind this...if there was any.

...and speaking of Kurt Russel...you mention Stargate in this list, but Escape From L.A. is not?? Although you may not have liked Stargate, it is certainly not a bad movie, nothing about it remotely indicates it is a candidate for worst movie ever.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  78
Total posts:  303
Initial post:  May 8, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers