Your Garage Luxury Beauty Killers of the Flower moon STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Grocery Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services billions billions billions  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Movie forum

Prometheus has landed

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 126-150 of 175 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 9:37:18 AM PDT
Applesauce says:
"the idea of one engineers DNA being responsible for a all of a planets life forms was stupid."

That is one of the reasons I think the film will not be well received at the SiFi Convention.

Posted on Jun 14, 2012, 11:45:52 AM PDT
Green Meanie says:
The Engineers / Sasquatch are amoung us.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 2:04:14 PM PDT
Mitch R says:
I don't know.....there were rumors of purgatory in LOST from season 1 however I believe Lindelof and Cuse came out sometime in season 1 and said they promise that that was not the case. We'll never know.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 6:57:24 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012, 8:36:02 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 7:08:44 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012, 8:36:03 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 14, 2012, 7:13:10 PM PDT
D. Robinson says:
They just change the banner. One week it's horror, next sex toys, etc.

/joke

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012, 8:45:50 AM PDT
A BDSM convention ?

I had to look this up

http://www.domconatlanta.com/

Holly sh it Sam, you get hotter everyday

Where were you when The Secratary needed voters?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012, 9:04:49 AM PDT
Roman85 says:
Sam...I think I like you...anyone who is into....uh..never mind.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012, 9:33:17 AM PDT
I just talked to someone who saw the movie last night. When I brought up the silly snake touching bit he said "Sometimes people do dumb things when they smoke pot." I had never considered that was what they were smoking. So it makes more sense that way.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012, 9:38:23 AM PDT
Jason Koenig says:
Smoking pot does not cause you to think it's a good idea to pet a snake.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012, 9:53:54 AM PDT
JCRB says:
haha your right, in fact it would be the exact opposite reaction.

Posted on Jun 15, 2012, 10:27:19 AM PDT
bella7 says:
I enjoyed the visuals, but I was NOT impressed with the story line. Too many unanswered questions and not enough suspense. I also felt the character development was very weak. Other than the explorer couple I felt like I didn't "know" the characters. Therefore, I didn't really care about them or what happened to them. Also, I thought the makeup on the old man looked overdone and silly.

Overall, I was underwhelmed by the plot and the characters. After the final scene, the man in front of me started laughing, which in turn made me laugh. I don't believe laughter was the intention of the final scene, but yet I found it ridiculous.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012, 1:30:39 PM PDT
This just means I can get a better seat when the sequel, Paradise, comes out.
Your reply to California Couple's post:
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2012, 9:20:11 PM PDT
Reading through these post shows a positive, reading elsewhere, well, I never thought it would have been such a love hate movie.

I plan on buying the blue ray.

I too saw that the next one may be called Paradise and will star Rapace and bender.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 16, 2012, 10:43:10 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 22, 2012, 8:36:12 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 2:01:07 PM PDT
At least I have something to look forward too.

Posted on Jun 16, 2012, 3:28:39 PM PDT
Green Meanie says:
Paradise Lost ?

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 11:11:33 AM PDT
Prometheus even with its flaws is still a fairly well-done and intelligent film. Therefore there is no way possible it will be the biggest hit of the summer or the year. That will go to either The Avengers, or the upcoming Batman film.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 5:04:12 PM PDT
Yes I see it now. Intelligent films do not have a chance against comic books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 5:46:25 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012, 5:48:00 PM PDT
>>>Yes I see it now. Intelligent films do not have a chance against comic books. <<<

Sadly, in the cultural climate we have today, I believe that is the truth. And you do realize that 25 to 30 years ago that statement would have been considered preposterous. Now you really have to give it some pause.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 5:40:35 AM PDT
Superman the movie kicked My dinner with Andre's butt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 6:28:16 AM PDT
>"Superman the movie kicked My dinner with Andre's butt."<

In what respect, besides box office?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 6:38:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 20, 2012, 6:38:40 AM PDT
Actually the movie Grease was the biggest film in 1978 when Superman came out. That was also the year that Animal House was released. You also had The Boys From Brazil, and Saturday Night Fever. All movies did fairly well on their release weeks. It wasn't like a little non-spectacle film didn't have a chance back in the day. Now a small film can fall through the cracks quite easily. I give you Moon as as example, a very good little film that very few people saw

Posted on Jun 20, 2012, 3:19:57 PM PDT
sundancekeed says:
"My Dinner With Andre" was pretentious drivel, packaged to the art-house crowd as an intellectual exercise that "they" (i.e. the masses) wouldn't get. There's a reason for that. There was nothing TO get. A conversation at dinner can be lively, informative and entertaining. This film was none of those. It was artificial and it was boring. Existentialist riffing on "The Little Prince". As a performance art piece, it might work in front of Andre and Wallace's families but as a movie and as entertainment it was akin to two hours in a dentist's chair without the benefit of nitrous.

So, as entertainment goes, "Superman, The Movie" did indeed kick Andre's butt.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 20, 2012, 10:16:37 PM PDT
Are we talking Andre the Giant?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Movie forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Movie forum
Participants:  31
Total posts:  175
Initial post:  Jun 2, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers