Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > MP3 forum

MP3 purchases, Amazon, please add a Cart!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 106 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 30, 2009, 5:04:32 PM PDT
-Klay- says:
Having been an Amazon customer for about the past 12 years on and off, I felt the need to make this suggestion:

For MP3 purchases, add a cart option to the pages!!! Here's my reasoning:

My latest experience with Amazon MP3 was interesting...to be nice. I was wanting to purchase one album, using partly mp3 credits and partly a credit card. Fine and dandy right? Wrong, my credit card was denied for some strange reason (had enough $$ on it) and in addition, Amazon now thought I had used all my free credits and thought I really had purchased the album.

This all even though it was obvious it was denied and stated so. So I thought to myself "I can either try again and just use real money instead of worrying about it, and be on my merry way, or fight this thing." Well, needless to say I took the first option. Did it work?

No. Not only did it not download the album, but it purchased a random song?! One that wasn't even on the album I was trying to purchase.

Ok. Now it's bad. Luckily Amazon has a "Call Me" option (lifesaver, I tell you)

Once I talked to the representatives, within a couple minutes they added the free credit back to my account, and in addition compensated for the random song. Within minutes! Amazing!

Finally I change the card, get the album with the free credits and part of my card!!!

Now, back to my point. How could this all have been avoided? A cart option! Authorize the card before the actual purchase, and go through a cart process. Sure 1 click is fast and convenient, but when you're on a budget it's not very reassuring to only be able to see all of the purchase details after-the-fact.

So please Amazon, add a cart option! Then people can load up on your high-bitrate mp3's and have confidence that their money isn't going to be gone with nothing to show.

Thanks in advance, I have confidence in you!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 20, 2010, 3:39:04 PM PDT
George Dong says:
I would like a cart option as well.

I use virtual credit card numbers for all online purchases so I have to enter a new "credit card" for every purchase on Amazon. This is OK when buying albums (or books, etc) but is excruciating when buying one song at a time.

I would like to add a whole bunch of singles to a cart and purchase with one virtual card number. Not having the cart option for singles makes me only buy albums (and I only buy when I want most of the songs). You're losing business from me, Amazon!

Posted on Jan 4, 2012, 3:40:31 PM PST
Eric W says:
I have an Amazon credit card. It seems that I cannot use the points on my credit card to make an MP3 purchase due to the 1-Click option.... If I add items to my cart, I am able to pay for the purchase with my Amazon Credit Card points.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 5:28:40 AM PST
A Cart would also be great for making multiple purchases, instead of having to purchase one song at a time.

Posted on Jan 17, 2012, 10:28:23 AM PST
LikeRain says:
I agree. I haven't had any problems with my purchases, but as I'm browsing around it would be nice to have a way to make selections and add them up, and not have a bunch of random .99 and 1.99 charges on my card because I didn't buy everything rapidly enough.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012, 11:17:25 AM PST
S. Clarke says:
Yes a cart would be great for multiple purchases.

Posted on Jan 21, 2012, 7:38:13 PM PST
evokolek says:
Yes, agreed. Makes a lot of sense, and I think it would make sense from their standpoint as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 23, 2012, 9:57:33 PM PST
I agree!!!! I usually make a list of songs i hear that i want to d/l and come buy them all at once - so this one click thing makes purchasing multiple mp3s a HUGE and TIME CONSUMING hassle!! Even worse, if you click Continue Shopping, it doesn't even take you back to the page you were on, but the homepage so you have to start all over ... what a nightmare!! I called Customer Service regarding this and they SAID they would look into changing it, so with comments like Martha's and the other posters here on the site and my call - let's hope they get it together!!
And I used to purchase all my mp3s at Walmart.com, where it just checked the items you wanted as you browsed thru the mp3s and then you checked out - HELLA easier and much much much quicker!!
And btw, for any skeptics out there ... YES I DID try to DISABLE the one click button but it just would NOT go away! lol

Posted on Jan 24, 2012, 11:37:19 PM PST
Shannan says:
A cart option would be very nice. I don't always buy an entire album, but just choose certain songs from it. Having to go through the purchase and download process for each one is time consuming. It would be great if I could just check the songs I want, add them to my cart and then checkout and download when I am ready. It would also be better to have one larger charge on my card rather than getting a bunch of small charges.

Posted on Jan 25, 2012, 6:56:45 AM PST
CJ says:
Please add a cart, Amazon! I avoid downloading MP3s from Amazon since I can't browse like I do with everything else I buy here. I have to decide one by one. I just don't shop that way. I put things I am interested in purchasing into my cart. Then, when I am done researching my options or listening to songs, I make the final purchase decision. I know I would download more MP3s from Amazon if a cart was added to the process. Right now I only get them using the promotional credits (& I have let plenty of them expire).

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 7:53:21 AM PST
Carol says:
Having a cart is a great suggestion, but I doubt it will fly. I've tried to get them to add a cart to Kindle ebooks for the same reasons, and so far nada. :(

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 9:38:31 AM PST
Yes, please! I mean, really... what year is this?! We're not asking for space age tech, just a CART.

Posted on Jan 27, 2012, 7:45:25 PM PST
Maria Beach says:
Yes, please add a cart. My boss wanted my help downloading some (royalty-free) music that was going to be used in a theatre production at our university. I had someone standing by with our university credit card handy, but because it was only my second or third Amazon MP3 purchase, I did not realize I would not get a cart and could not put in a different card and billing address. Before I knew it I had paid for the work-related expense myself and was told I could not get reimbursed.

Posted on Feb 7, 2012, 1:34:30 AM PST
redandpeanut says:
Yes, a cart please!

Posted on Feb 8, 2012, 5:23:02 AM PST
Arelle says:
Please add a cart option. I would like to choose how I pay for the song.

Posted on Feb 8, 2012, 1:31:15 PM PST
P Jones says:
I would buy more music from Amazon if it had a cart

Posted on Feb 10, 2012, 3:31:13 PM PST
wow this conversation has been going on for years! I would also like a cart option for these. After making a lot of digital purchase I get tons of email notices and different bills. I also realized that when I want to use a card other than the default for digital purchases I cannot easily do so.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012, 9:45:08 PM PST
I feel that a cart is neccessary. I am limited on how many purchases I can make with Amazon because of the different charges. My husband refuses to buy them here because he feels that the multiple charges are too time consuming to track in the bank account.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012, 1:29:58 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 15, 2012, 1:31:25 PM PST
ck says:
Thank you, posters, for this thread. Well said!

Amazon Customer Service -- please add me to the line of people here and elsewhere who would buy more MP3 files if we had a cart. The benefits to you are fewer [but larger] transactions to process, and more revenue. Your credit-card-processing fee from your vendor also goes down because unless you are different than other merchants, you pay a per-transaction fee.

You also will end up with happier customers, some of whom are likely to ramp up their MP3 purchases. :-) I for one am hesitant to buy MP3 files or Kindle downloads before traveling because multiple purchases on a single card in a short span of time can trigger card-issuers' fraud processes.

My guess as to why there is no cart for MP3 or Kindle is that Amazon may be trying to avoid having those items count toward Super Saver shipping minimums. Perhaps there is a way for Amazon to tweak the code and have separate carts, or to acknowledge that shoppers' overall purchases are likely to increase even with hybridized delivery.

Thank you!

(Edited to fix spelling.)

Posted on Feb 15, 2012, 1:41:36 PM PST
+1 on the suggestion. An option to deactivate 1click purchases on the mp3 and kindle stores is greatly needed.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012, 4:01:43 PM PST
Carol says:
I think that part of the problem is that Amazon doesn't actually read these threads. I've sent feedback suggesting the cart and some of the reasons given here. If everyone actually sent them feedback they'd pay more attention, because they'd know people are annoyed enough to bother to do it. If you have a Kindle app for PC/Mac it's easy to send, because there's a link in the Help section at the top.

If you don't have a Kindle app, sign in to your account, click Help, scroll down to the yellow Contact Us button on the right. Check "Something Else", then *ignore the account options!* Scroll down to "Tell us more about your issue", then choose "More non-order questions", then "Website features." Then "Feedback on a website feature". At last you get to choose to e-mail or call.

They don't make it easy- it'd be easier to download the Kindle for PC (or Mac) app and send from that. (grin)

Posted on Feb 16, 2012, 11:30:29 AM PST
+1 on the cart for mp3 purchases

Posted on Feb 17, 2012, 7:50:22 AM PST
chewbecca says:
A cart would be great, mainly so each song you buy isn't a separate transaction. It's cumbersome and time-consuming.

Posted on Feb 20, 2012, 12:19:47 PM PST
T. franzen says:
I absolutely agree! from my perspective it allows for one transaction rather than many.. it's good for consumers who you say, are on a budget. if your account balance is low and something unexpected hits your account u could get charged insufficient funds fees for every single amazon charge. so for this reason I must admit, this is a great suggestion. same goes for ALL media purchases. add ebooks, songs and apps all via one transaction.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2012, 12:31:49 PM PST
T. franzen says:
i don't believe the media purchase process has anything to do with the super saver shipping process since only those items flagged as super saver shipping count towards your $25 minimum. I just think amazon prefers spur of the moment, one-click and done purchases b/c they don't want customers to think about how much the bulk of their media purchases cost w/out having to do the math.... just my opinion. with that said, i love Amazon and have been a loyal customer for years.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the MP3 forum (99 discussions)

Discussion Replies Latest Post
What is Amazon doing to have better than mp3 music available? 0 5 days ago
Can I print a song list from my Amazon Cloud? 27 11 days ago
Help... cannot seem to "sample" MP3 music anymore.. goes to download directly then what? 67 Aug 16, 2017
Authorize Device Learn More! 30 Aug 10, 2017
how do i cancel the shuffle on my cloud player on my computer 24 Jul 7, 2017
How do I move my music on my iPad? 47 Jun 22, 2017
Clicking "Preview" Button Yields an M3U file download 3 Apr 22, 2017
Authorization Question 0 Jan 30, 2017
How do I get the music I purchased on to my IPOD shuffle???? 16 Jan 15, 2017
mp3 wont play in Windows Media Player 85 Dec 24, 2016
Can I Share the Mp3s I Download from Amazon? 57 Dec 13, 2016
just download the music to my PC when I hit purchase like the good 'ol days 54 Jun 15, 2016

This discussion

Discussion in:  MP3 forum
Participants:  97
Total posts:  106
Initial post:  Aug 30, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 18, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers