Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > Music forum

John, Paul, George & Ringo : 50 years after their first recording sessions...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 201-225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 8:58:54 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bonnie and Eddie:
i think everything they ever did will become a "part of eternity", just as it will for all of us.....the only difference is some of us make huge, visible contributions, and most of us make smaller, and less visible contributions....we all make changes, and alter the world in some way, no matter how small.....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 9:00:22 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
some of them i find very funny, and i like them a lot; others, not so much.....
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:00:14 PM PDT
Hinch
all I can say is that Woody Allen has provided me with some of my greatest movie experieces - ever. Not just once for many of his films, but many viewings. I have always connected with his off-beat, crazy neurotic characters - his own especially - and always will.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:10:29 PM PDT
Hinch says:
I realize many people enjoy Woody Allen and his humor. I just never got it. I dont have anything personal against him. Ive actually tried to like his movies, but it just doesnt do it for me. I've seen his stand-up a few times too, and didnt get it. I think he used to be on tv variety shows once in a while in the 60s and 70s.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:12:47 PM PDT
stevign says:
lolol....Well thank ya sir.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:19:54 PM PDT
stevign says:
;~}

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:25:18 PM PDT
John/Hinch
I find all the ideas about Ringo doing a country album is brilliant. He has that flat, wonderful twang (which I like). It's a perflect blend. How do we, all that think this is such a great idea, get the news to Ringo?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:25:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012, 10:27:22 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Bonnie

This is hilarious. It's the kind of thing that makes the "no" votes irrelevant. You gave one point of view(re Woody Allen) and I gave an opposite view, but the voting troll gave us both a "no" vote. It may not be the same person, but I'd be willing to bet it is.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:29:04 PM PDT
stevign says:
Actually Twain was quoting Shakespeare. Just sayin'..........

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:30:51 PM PDT
stevign says:
Shakespeare's Henry VI

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:32:14 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Bonnie

A country duet album might be nice, but many of the classic country artists are gone. Maybe Willie would do one. He's done a duet with almost everyone.

Im sure Ringo could handle some classic county songs on his own, with a good producer. Maybe Don Was.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:32:50 PM PDT
John/Donald
I couldn't agree with you more about All Things must Pass. I really believe that George knew what he had and didn't want to share or try and have to work so hard to be "heard" by John and Paul. I hope John and Paul came down just a knotch when they heard what George had accomplished without them.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:33:05 PM PDT
Hinch says:
stevign

Yeah. That's what someone else said.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:34:07 PM PDT
stevign says:
http://media.photobucket.com/image/firesign%20theater/ovhWinstonovh/how-you-can-be-in-two-places-at-once-when-youre-not-anywere-at-all.jpg

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 10:56:57 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Testing. Posting from my phone.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 10:57:57 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
i think it worked!
:)
love,
joyce

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 10:59:18 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Yah! I did it!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 11:06:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2012, 11:08:49 PM PDT
Hinch says:
Yes it did. I wouldnt want to do it a lot. It took a while to figure out how to log in. I dont think amazon has a site designed for mobile yet, like some sites, like the public library and my banks do. It kept saying the page was too large, but at least I know I can do it. It may take some practice before it gets easier.

How am I doing so far?

This one was from my comp. I havent got that good yet.

:-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 11:10:52 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Hinch:
don't know what kind of phone or phone system you have, but if you go to applications and type in "Amazon", there should be a download for it....
love,
joyce
p.s., you are doing good! :)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2012, 11:40:55 PM PDT
stevign says:
Joyce:

re: "but i don't understand???? enlighten me, please...."

As Daniel has said, it was from something I said on another thread. If you're still curious; the line "I am a river to my people" is part of a quote by Auda Abu Tayi in Lawrence of Arabia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=abI8cdLvJp8

Posted on Jul 2, 2012, 11:59:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012, 12:02:54 AM PDT
Hinch says:
I didnt think I was still logged in on my phone but I am. I wonder if ill stay logged in until I intentionaly log off? When I close my browser it usually logs me off automatically. I thought my phone would do the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 12:17:46 AM PDT
Hinch says:
@Joyce..... I dont have a 'smart phone'. I have a 3g. Im not really sure what defines a 'smart' phone but ill try your sugggestion.

Posted on Jul 3, 2012, 12:48:17 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 3, 2012, 12:50:49 AM PDT
Hinch says:
I found a mobile amazon site but it can be used only for shopping. Im getting the hang of using my phone to post. Even to edit. Im going to sleep now. Later!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 2:59:39 AM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce and Hinch, what item are you talking about?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 3, 2012, 3:02:46 AM PDT
H&L says:
Joyce,

I am sorry to hear that the headaches are still giving you problems. I hope they go away. Just think good thoughts to chase them away.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Jim Croce 24 9 minutes ago
Song Game - Part V 6408 3 hours ago
Your Favorite Song By . . . 3564 4 hours ago
1967: Every Rock Single/Album Reviewed 2322 4 hours ago
Alphabetical Song Game 1 3189 5 hours ago
What bands do you think have "jumped the shark"? 516 6 hours ago
Pink Floyd came into their own with 'Meddle' and 'The Dark Side of the Moon' and 'Wish You Were Here' and then Roger Waters took control of the band with 'Animals' and the rest is history 17 6 hours ago
Tony Iommi's best Coda - ''Heaven & Hell -The Devil You Know'' or ''13''? 12 7 hours ago
Of Black Sabbath's first six albums, rank them. 57 7 hours ago
jeff beck happy 73rd birthday 2 7 hours ago
No time in the last ~40 years did I ever think I'd say "I saw Styx in concert last night!" 13 9 hours ago
What are you listening right now? 4272 9 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  70
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Jul 1, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers