Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Just Music....Period

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5351-5375 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 27, 2012 10:34:56 PM PDT
Althea says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=H9CdrSQdt_8

Posted on May 28, 2012 1:23:30 PM PDT
cw says:
Hi AP happy MEMORIAL day

Posted on May 28, 2012 5:23:49 PM PDT
James says:
I recently came across a brand new artist who recently released his first music CD. A really unique brand of heavy pop rock. Here's the article I came across about him:

Talented artist, Nickolai Hel creatively blends a mixture of Pop and Rock styles on his latest album, "The Cult of Intelligence". Hel takes a few of his favorite musical styles and weaves an album that has a fresh and original spin. The song, "Luv On A Razor", is upbeat with an edgy appeal. You will like the searing guitar riffs and vocals that have magnetic charm. Another song, "Something To Feel" has a fantastic rhythmic beat as the guitar belts out razor sharp hooks. The title track, "The Cult Of Intelligence", has an industrial pulse sensation while the strong vocals sing the thought provoking lyrics. If you are a fan of Billy Idol, Prince, or The Beatles, then you will definitely enjoy the excellent collection of Rock songs on the CD, "The Cult Of Intelligence".
---Diane and the RadioIndy com press team.

Posted on May 31, 2012 1:26:12 AM PDT
Louise says:
I'd like to check out The Cult Of Intelligence. I like the sound of it.

One of my favourite groups will be appearing at Wembley Arena!!!!! I would love to go and see The Beach Boys.

http://www.ents24.com/web/event/An-Evening-With-Wembley-Arena-London-2943869.html

Posted on Jun 1, 2012 5:27:28 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012 6:53:50 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Received the new Beach Boy album yesterday...and it was an experience....this will be short and sweet...If I reviewed songs 1-8 I would give the album a B+...the harmonies, melodies are real good ...very well produced, good songs, etc...BUT something happens about song #9 "From There To back Again" to the final song "Summers Gone"...it is so magical, and breathtaking that I almost cried....these last 3 songs elevates the album into a terrific piece of art that only Brian Wilson could achieve....that's it!

PS-You will really miss Carl's voice....

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 2:12:10 AM PDT
Louise says:
Eddie, I'm buying my CD right away! It's released here in the UK on Monday and I am just listening to the samples now. It is lovely!!!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Thats-Why-God-Made-Radio/dp/B007U1FEJE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1338628023&sr=8-1

I think the Beach Boys music should be made compulsory in music lessons at school :)

Posted on Jun 2, 2012 3:12:38 AM PDT
Louise says:
I've also ordered Rumer's new CD.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B007KW55VK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 7:06:55 AM PDT
Eddie H. says:
"That's Why God Made the The Radio" exceeded my expectaions 10-fold--I knew it would be at least a pleasent experience, what i heard was a most inspired piece of art by the master Brian Wilson, from the a-capella opening to the overwelmingly emotional conclusion of "Summers Gone"("we laugh we cry, we live we die"). I was totally floored by what they put out on this album...they could have skated put out retreads and called it a day, but they didn't do that...The emotional impact of this album (for me)is at times overwhelming, from the music, words, melodies and vocals (some of the best put out on record in a very long time). a near perfect, beautiful,heartwenching( I use that word a lot when it comes to Brian Wilson)album that, for me, rates as one of the best albums in eons. Thank you Mr. Wilson for sharing your god given talent to us....
BTW...Carl and Dennis, you are missed

PS-Brian at his best, has more musical, lyrical, vocal and emotional depth than John and Paul (IMHO)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 12:25:17 PM PDT
Louise says:
Eddie, my cd has arrived!!!! I'm going to listen to it asap.
I love the Beach Boys music as much as the Beatles and I agree with your PS :)

What are your top five favourite BB songs?

Mine are
Sloop John B.
God Only Knows
Darlin'
Disney Girls
Cottonfields

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 12:39:04 PM PDT
Eddie H. says:
Louise...There are so many...here goes

I Just Wasn't made for These Times
Caroline, No
Surf's Up
Don't Worry Baby
The Warmth Of The Sun

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 12:47:52 PM PDT
"I get around"
"Dance Dance Dance'

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 1:05:17 PM PDT
cw says:
I would have to say
"Good Timing"
"Rock And Roll To The Rescue"
"All I Want To Do " from 20/20
" Suzie Cincinnati"
"Help Me Rhonda " long version on "Endless Summer"
5 isn't enough

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 1:28:24 PM PDT
B Mavin says:
The Dead Ships - You Were Young!

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:02:40 PM PDT
Good Vibrations
In My Room
God Only Knows
California Girls
Sloop John B. for the arrangement.
Surfin' Safari

And yes, five isn't enough.

Posted on Jun 7, 2012 8:28:27 PM PDT
cw says:
In case you haven't heard Bob Welch passed away today age 66 we are loosing too many lately also Doc Watson and Herb Reid of the Platters

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 8:32:45 PM PDT
stevign says:
My favorite Bob Welsh song..............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRht55T12Ms

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 8:54:07 PM PDT
ronct says:
Sorry to hear about Bob Welch. This was one of my favorites of his with early Fleetwood Mac.

http://youtu.be/c4YsN32hmmo

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 9:09:04 PM PDT
Bob was Welsh?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 10:11:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2012 10:43:10 PM PDT
stevign says:
God it was so sad to hear Fleetwood Mac sell out. In a way Mick didn't have a choice though; both Peter and Jeremy split and left the band high and dry. Still sad though, I really loved their Blues/Rock.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2012 10:12:44 PM PDT
stevign says:
Yes. He was 1/2 Welsh and 1/2 Welch's grape juice.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:07:34 AM PDT
I really don't like the expression, that bad things come in threes, however in this case its true. I hate when when bad things involve the passing of some great singers/musicians as well. I was a big Bob Welch fan growing up from his later Fleetwood mac stuff like Hypnotized through his early 80's work. I lived in Arizona when he formed a new group back in the late 90's called Avenue M. I never got to see Bob Welch play live, although I watched him perform on many tv shows like Don Kirchners Rock Concert in the 70's to the Cal Jam concerts. I found it ironic that Stevie Nicks toured a lot with him in the early 80's considering he left the band by 1974, and they were great friends I heard. I was also a pretty big Doc Watson fan as well as a teen. THe Platters were one of the few 50's groups that both my parents and I both liked.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 12:10:18 AM PDT
I really liked that tune as well, followed by Sentimental Lady. He recorded that one with Fleetwood Mac as well as solo. Hypnotized was the first Welch tunes I heard and I remained a big fan into the 90's at least.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 6:29:33 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 8, 2012 11:09:30 PM PDT
stevign says:
Thanks Mathew. I'm not a fan of Rock from the late 70s onward but I did like the song "Outskirts" because it had balls.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 8:10:20 PM PDT
ronct says:
me too! :-)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 8, 2012 11:10:01 PM PDT
stevign says:
;~}
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  179
Total posts:  5621
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2010
Latest post:  28 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 19 customers

Search Customer Discussions