Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM
Customer Discussions > Music forum

The Beatles: #1 of many great bands

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 5976-6000 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on May 11, 2012 11:32:16 AM PDT
rokroller says:
outta here...will try to check in over the weekend...boat's in the water and the weather on the Jersey Shore will be in the high 70's...have a great weekend!

Gone Troppo- George Harrison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kKMbebuQTI

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 1:14:37 PM PDT
ronct says:
Joyce,

Thanks for the song. :-) They are still in the basement as I type and I hope this stage is finally over today!!!! I want to start setting my studio back up tomorrow.

I checked the guitars out but wasn't feeling them. I sure hope my blind eBay purchase turns out ok. I have bought guitars on eBay before and have been very satisfied.

I have no idea yet about next Monday's open mic. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 1:26:23 PM PDT
ronct says:
Joyce,

Funny, you posted this song as I was thinking this morning about possibly doing it at open mic on Monday. It must mean something so now I have no choice but to do it. :-) Great minds thinking alike again! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 1:58:12 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Rokroller:
both of these songs are so beautiful....they are two of my favorite "John" solo songs...thank you so much!!!! (I assume they were for me??????)
so beautiful......(asay!)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 2:04:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 2:15:21 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Rokroller:
didn't know you had a boat....is it docked somewhere nearby where you live, or is it the kind that's in your driveway, when you are not using it???? it is very nice weather here this week too, but tomorrow I have to do volunteer gardening work at my kid's school.....everyone has to volunteer, and i signed up for it...it's o.k., but I have to be there at 9 am, and i would rather sleep in.....(also, i hope my allergies won't kill me).....usually, when i get home, I am filthy dirty, and have to take a bath/change my clothes/wash my hair, so......sounds like your idea is better! a nice image.... here's a little something for you, while you are lying around on your boat....think of me covered in dirt!
http://youtu.be/U_dBwJDUlS4
thanks again for the John songs, and for the George songs too (and the Paul), assuming those were mine! I hope you have a beautiful weekend! I will be thinking of you lounging about on your boat, while i am pulling weeds, raking up leaves/pine needles/trash, etc........
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 2:06:37 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Ronct:
thanks for the reply....I am sure your T. guitar will be awesome! (new guitars, or "new to you" guitars are always nice!)....
i am sure you will think of something (or a few somethings!) that will be good for "open mic".......i guess it will be after your first day back at work! let me know how things go, in both places!
love,
joyce
p.s., (you're welcome!)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 2:08:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 2:08:56 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Ronct:
that would be awesome! I love the song! you might think about balancing it out with a solo "John" and a solo "George", and there would be your three! The perfect trio, don't you think? (another great "Paul" one is "For No One"!)
love,
joyce

Posted on May 11, 2012 6:52:30 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 6:53:35 PM PDT
Bernard J. says:
Trivia question:
On which Rolling Stones' album cover can pictures of all four Beatles be spotted?
You would probably need to check with a large sized vinyl cover in order to spot them.

( In a trivia mood).

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 6:59:53 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
yes, but I don't know the answer!
I could probably look it up, but that would be cheating, so I will see what others have to say!
love,
joyce
p.s., tell your mum that i am on page 104 in "tenant...."....thanks for the recommendation!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:05:33 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 7:06:12 PM PDT
Bernard J. says:
Dear Joyce
As for the answer, I didn't read it from a book, but spotted it myself, a long time after buying the vinyl.
I'll wait and see if it's common knowledge rather than give away the answer.
I guess 'The Tenant..' must be OK if you've read more than a 100 pages.
I'll be ringing my mother on Sunday May 13, to wish her a happy Mother's Day.
Do you have Mother's Day on May 13? If you do, I'll say happy Mother's Day to you also.
I think some countries have different days for these things.

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:08:45 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Bernard:
yes, we do have mother's day on Sunday.....here, it is always on a Sunday, so the day (date) changes each year....when my oldest daughter was born (18 years ago, now!), it just so happened that she was born on a Sunday, and so, "mother's day" was the very same day! a happy coincidence!
love,
joyce
p.s., my best to your mum, and please tell her "happy mother's day" from me!

Posted on May 11, 2012 7:13:42 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 7:14:07 PM PDT
Bernard J. says:
Dear Joyce
Same here, Mother's day on a Sunday, in May. Father's Day in September, if my memory's correct, also a Sunday.
What a special Mother's Day for when your first daughter was born!
Hope your daughters do something special for you this Sunday!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:16:51 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
i am sure that they plan something, but frankly, i understand that they are still young...sometimes, when we are young, we don't think too much beyond our own selves, but it comes, in time.
Father's day here is in June, I believe. might be different over there.....
love,
joyce
p.s., we are going out to brunch....are you? (taking your mother somewhere, i mean?)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:27:38 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2012 8:45:27 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:33:40 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
wow! i had no idea she lived so far away from you! how did it happen that you live so far apart, if you don't mind my asking?
so i guess when you went to her (and her sister's/your aunt's) bday party last month, you had quite a drive ahead of you! I just assumed she was nearby!
my mother passed away in 2002, but she lived a bit away from me as well...about an hour, 30 minutes' drive...about 95 miles...she moved to that area with my father many years ago, when the north bay became too expensive for them (taxes were quite high--property taxes, that is, and they thought it best to move further out, where the taxes were a bit less). I stayed in the area, as i was working full time, and had my own apartment. do you have brothers/sisters also that are nearer your mum?
(btw, if you don't wish to answer, please feel free to tell me so, and i won't be offended....sometimes, my curiosity gets the better of me, i am afraid!)
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:46:49 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 11, 2012 10:07:55 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 7:58:46 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 11, 2012 8:01:18 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest Bernard:
yes, i do...i am sorry, but i just now started to cry...i guess because i suppose i fall into the category of being young once, and not fully thinking about, or appreciating, my mother, when she was still here, in this life...i hadn't thought about all of that in a while.
it must be hard for your mum, to have her twin sister so very far away, as i have always heard there is a very close bond between twins, that lasts for a lifetime. South Africa is quite far, isn't it? My mother too lived far away from her family. sometime after she married my father, they left Hawaii, and moved to the mainland (California), as jobs were quite dismal in Hawaii, and at the time, were plentiful here, so her parents, and most of her family remained in Maui, while her younger sister moved around quite a bit, as my Uncle was in the Navy. They eventually settled in Mass., where they still live. My mother's two brothers are both gone now, and died quite a few years before her, especially her younger brother. Her parents, my grandparents, had also died many years prior to her. My Aunt, her youngest sister, is still alive, but everyone else is gone. On my father's side, only his youngest sister remains, but she lives in Washington State, so i seldom see her. It's funny how people do spread out all over the place, as they grow older, and settle.
I am the youngest in my family...we are all still here, as my oldest brother is 8 years older than me, but soon i expect that will change, as i am 55 now....time marches on for all of us, doesn't it? I'm glad your mum is still here with you. Sorry about my emotional outburst....it's strange how things "hit you" all of a sudden like that....
love,
joyce
p.s, sorry too for going so far "off topic"....

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:01:26 PM PDT
as hard as you are crying right now, that will be my reaction to the day that you pass, joyce.
but i know where you are coming from. i know i will lose people i love, but the day i lose my father, that day i'm gonna snap. i don't know what i will do... he is my best friend.

p.s. hi joyce!

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:12:08 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dearest James:
Hi! how are you doing? i was just telling one of my girls that i hadn't heard from you in a while, and wondered how you were getting along, and if you had been having "starbucks nightmares"!
i didn't mean to bring you down, with all of this....sometimes, it just hits you all of a sudden...most of the time, i deal with it o.k....James, it is never easy when you lose a parent, or anyone else that you love, for that matter. It does bring me some comfort to believe that they are not truly "dead", but are just "gone from here", as their time here, in this life, has ended, but they live on elsewhere. My own father died in 1995...my mother in 2002, so i did have some time with them, before they left. I am grateful for the time i had, as some don't even have the years i had. My father was 15 years older than my mother, so he was quite a bit older than most of my friend's fathers, and was around 84 when he passed on. My mother was around 75. No matter when your parents leave here, it always seems too soon, but when our time is through, for reasons none of us can understand, we will leave here, and move on. No one knows when that time will be, but it is probably best we do not.....it would be so very hard to "live", if all you thought about was when (and how) you would "die"...in some way, your father will never "leave" you, and in any case, i would not concern yourself with it right now, as what will be will be.....even though it is difficult, we all manage to somehow bear what we all must. In the meantime, don't think about all of that, and just enjoy him in the "here and now"....didn't mean to bring you (all) down.....
hope you are doing well, and your day was pleasant and sunny! We have had nice weather here, for several days, and it is supposed to continue for a while yet.....always a pleasure to hear from you, James!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:15:24 PM PDT
Bernard J. says:
Dear Joyce
I'm hoping I'm not too responsible for making you cry! Sorry!
Yes, my mum and here sister talk on the phone monthly, at least.
It's hard, the distances being so great, at least with today's world communications are better, with phones, e-mail, etc. I guess families can be split up, separated, easily for many different reasons.

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:16:11 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard, James, Eddie, and All:
be back soon...have to go grab some dinner....
I wonder where Eddie is this evening? he posted the other day about being worried about the forums being quiet lately...i mentioned how they do that, from time to time, but things would pick up again! Eddie, if you are out there, i am thinking of you! hope you are well!
love,
joyce

Posted on May 11, 2012 8:17:19 PM PDT
My Dearest Joyce:

A song for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpJzD0Rlm8s

love,
cody

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:17:48 PM PDT
ronct says:
I know the answer and they are found in the corners. The original album cover format was only produced for a limited time. :-)

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:19:19 PM PDT
Joyce says:
Dear Bernard:
yes, it is true, we live in a more mobile and global world then we ever did before, and families do migrate!
please don't feel responsible for making me cry....i am quite emotional, just as a person, anyway, and i do that from time to time....it's not really sad, as i know my mother lives still....just not where i can see her just now.
i have to run for a bit (have to eat something!), but will be back soon!
please don't worry....it is just "me being me"!
love,
joyce

In reply to an earlier post on May 11, 2012 8:21:05 PM PDT
although a tough time for you, know that we all love you so vewwwwwwwwwy much and are available if you wanna talk about it.

and no starbucks nightmares. just nightmares about spiders.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Music forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Song Game - Part IV 1116 3 minutes ago
More fascinating threads. It's amazing this place (forum) is still open. How about we.... 1932 7 minutes ago
Musical Diary 4035 14 minutes ago
Made-up Band Names (and the genre they'd fit in) 1 16 minutes ago
Is it socially acceptable to bathe in elephant dung? 1 18 minutes ago
The Alice Cooper band or The New York Dolls? 44 20 minutes ago
★The Music of Our Lives 6.3★ 9301 20 minutes ago
Forget the Charts: Rank Your Favorite Songs by Any Artists 277 22 minutes ago
Yes or ELP or Genesis 148 23 minutes ago
What were the Last Five CD's You Purchased...(Be Honest). 5048 38 minutes ago
Favorite pairing of a song with a movie scene 197 59 minutes ago
Anyone else like Elvis' non-hit songs better than some of his hits? 42 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  109
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 14, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 30, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers

Search Customer Discussions