Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Music forum

Favourite "Bad" Album

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 76-100 of 193 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 8:17:11 PM PDT
also...

Ride - Tarantula
Oasis - Be Here Now
The Stone Roses - Second Coming

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 8:36:43 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 10, 2012, 8:44:57 PM PDT
Stiff Little Fingers - Tinderbox
Therapy? - Shameless
Undertones - The Sin Of Pride (very cool)
Legal Weapon - Life Sentence To Love
Public Image Ltd. - Happy? (cool)
Bad Brains - God Of Love

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 3:56:25 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:
Re "Smiley Smile"

I brought this album before I heard any of the original smile sessions, & love it. It also one of Pete Townsend favourite albums

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 6:03:24 AM PDT
Re: LaToya Jackson MY COUNTRY COLLECTION -- utter tripe. And it seems to be immensely popular (or immensely dispised) because it's one of those remainders, issued twice, albums that is just not available anywhere....

I used to think that LaToya was actually Michael Jackson in drag; I had one of her Lps and stared and stared and stared at the cover shot trying to discern if it was MJ I was looking at. Sheesh!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 7:39:53 AM PDT
The Rolling Stones - Goat's Head Soup
Blue Oyster Cult - Mirrors
Alice Cooper Goes to Hell
Deep Purple - Slaves and Masters
Uriah Heep - High and Mighty

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 2:55:31 PM PDT
Severin says:
Todd: I love Alice Cooper Goes To Hell. It's second only to From the Inside in my opinion. Of course he had Bernie Taupin helping him out on that one but the tunes are very memorable, rocking fun with pathos.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 4:55:27 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012, 4:56:01 PM PDT
I have always thought that they were the same person as well...

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 5:30:25 PM PDT
J. says:
Leonard Cohen's "Death of a Ladies Man" is universally panned as his major failure, (perhaps because he said so himself), but if one were to imagine Leonard Cohen as produced by Phil Specter it's pretty much what you get. And that's a good thing.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 12, 2012, 5:53:22 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:
A great eccentric record from the Copper-Man, although its was when Alice started losing the plot in real life. Life imitating art I guess.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 4:29:11 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 6:04:10 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012, 6:07:30 AM PDT
train says:
The Faces "Coast to Coast"
UFO "Flying one hour space rock" (UFO second record)
The Stones " Black N Blue"
Captain Beefheart "Bluejeans and Moonbeams" (Capt. attempt at mainstream gets a bad rap in my opinion)

Finally, a group that didnt release many albums and was never considered great so they dont really fit this catagory but I love "Soup" by Blind Melon. People seem to like the debut album, but they were quickly forgotten and this album seemed to be panned by the critics

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 6:07:59 AM PDT
train says:
well said

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 7:05:42 AM PDT
vivazappa says:
mikey g
I love "Coast to Coast"!
It was recorded right down the street from where I lived at the time, The Anaheim Convention Center.
TOO D@MN BAD I DIDN'T SEE THE SHOW!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 9:46:24 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:
BUSTED!

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 9:50:07 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:
Johhny Cash - Silver
Released in 1977, a time when he was considered to be taking he eye off the ball (he was dropped by Columbia, a couple of years later). But still my favourite Cash album not produced by Rick Rubin.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 11:10:45 AM PDT
Lou Reed - "Metal Machine Music"
AC/DC - "Fly On the Wall"
Black Sabbath - "Never Say Die"
Celtic Frost - "Cold Lake"
A Flock of Seagulls - "The Story of a Young Heart"
Judas Priest - "Turbo"
Mahavishnu Orchestra - "Visions of the Emerald Beyond"
Mott (after The Hoople) - "Shouting and Pointing"
Rick Derringer - "Sweet Evil"
Uriah Heep - "High and Mighty"
Starship - "Knee Deep in the Hoopla"

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 11:25:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 19, 2012, 11:26:14 AM PDT
Jimi Jac says:
Re: Fly on the Wall
I think if AC/DC hadn't produced the record themselves, it may have turned out a bit better. But it does sound lilke the speakers were put in a bucket of water!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 12:06:25 PM PDT
I agree, Far From Home is one of Traffics best albums. But is too classy slick for the fans who were used to the hippie folk tunes. Like Steely Dan, they grew into a jazz sound.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 12:11:05 PM PDT
Be Here Now can be a great album if you just leave off a couple tunes.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 12:13:22 PM PDT
Hold Your Fire could have been a great album too if they just left off a couple of tunes and made Tai Shan 12 minutes long.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 12:17:59 PM PDT
Everytime you say you love "DIRTY WORK!" it makes me want to reassess it.
"Rock and a Hard Place" is my favorite Aerosmith album, still fresh sounding.
(P.S. Jesus sang on side 3 of Exile.)

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 12:25:07 PM PDT
Stratocaster says:
Grandpa Tom - you took my first mention on your list: "On Every Street" by Dire Straights.

For the most part, I think the only problem with the album was that it confused the hell out of their new found fan base. On Every Street was actually a return to their RockaBilly/Alt Country roots. But with the new worldwide fame that "Brothers In Arms" generated with it's "bigger than life, over the top" production values, I think when people were expecting more of the same from "On Every Street" that it quickly fizzled out when it was realized that Knopfler was not sticking to the "Brothers In Arms" formula. But regardless, if you're one the people that liked Dire Straights right from their start (like myself), give it another chance - there's some GREAT songs on there.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 12:27:39 PM PDT
Starting with "Presto" and onward they just kept getting worse and worse. I agree, but Rush's brand new album is good.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 19, 2012, 12:30:29 PM PDT
Do you really like Metal Machine Music? It must be the worst album I have ever heard. I could not get past the first song. If you want to call it that.

Posted on Jun 19, 2012, 12:47:20 PM PDT
Fischman says:
Presto is a bit hard to take--but I LOVE Hold Your Fire--wouldn't leave off a single cut. Looking forward to getting Clockwork Angels.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Music forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Music forum
Participants:  64
Total posts:  193
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers