Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Mystery forum

Nordic/Irish/British/Euro mysteries (NBIE V)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 4201-4225 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 1:03:23 PM PDT
janebbooks says:
Kathy....as you know I ordered MI-5 Spooks Season 1- 9 from an advertisement on the internet. Amazon does not have the set for REgiON 1......and I don't want any more technology.........my DVD player is built into a nice 27" digital Toshiba. Anyhow, the set shipped from the REPUBLIC OF CHINA...and has Chinese subtitles. Also has British subtitles. Several of the disks have been stubborn to play...but we have all the first nine seasons. We bought the set to share with friends
and to re-watch.

What I want to know...is it really true? that if you join Amazon PRIME you get all the streaming you want? Plus faster shipping on books?
If so, that's a darn good deal........ How much and what does "stuff" to have dvds stream cost?
Jane

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 7:59:16 PM PDT
Tracey Ivy says:
Yes, Jane, my favorites were with Carol Jordan but I liked Hermione Norris quite a bit. I also really enjoyed her in MI-5.

In reply to an earlier post on May 31, 2012, 9:52:29 PM PDT
Susie says:
Hi Joana,

I'm guessing you'll be able to tell by the end of the book if she'll do it again in her next book. I wonder if she'll ever cross Shugak to her other series.

Let us know what you thought of the book when you finish.

Posted on May 31, 2012, 10:34:17 PM PDT
Hi susie, Joanna,

I really liked the Shugak series, but I really couldn't get into Stabenow's Second Star. I may try again one day, but it was a disappointment to me this time.

Pat

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012, 6:30:50 AM PDT
Amazon PRIME

Hi, Jane,

I've been an Amazon Prime member for about 5 years now. It's a great service. Almost everything you order (as long as it's eligible for PRIME -- and that's every new book and some of the used ones --gets free 2-day shipping. I don't think every video is eligible for free streaming, but just glancing through, it looks like most of them are. If you have a Kindle, you can "borrow" a book every month to read. I think my membership is $79/year, and I make that up easily on shipping alone for holiday gifts that I buy through Amazon. I would highly recommend it.

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 7:59:41 AM PDT
Dolores,

I'm with you on Amazon Prime. It's worked really well for me. Both in personal buying and lending my books on Kindle.

Pat

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 9:42:15 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 1, 2012, 9:45:02 AM PDT
R. Larkin says:
I have to agree with Dolores and Patricia about Prime. My daughter talked me into it years ago, and Amazon has lost money on me ever since. I drop ship gifts to faraway relatives all year, get my stuff in 2 days, and enjoy the free streaming videos. My Kindle is registered to a different (shared) account, so I have been thinking of getting a second one used just to take advantage of the Prime free book loans without having to deregister and reregister my e-reader between the accounts.
Rosemarie

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 1, 2012, 10:46:32 AM PDT
And the Nerdlix version was the "full Monty" so to speak!
Kathy

Posted on Jun 1, 2012, 10:49:37 AM PDT
Jane!
I know better than to let out the secrets!
Kathy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 10:06:20 AM PDT
Kathy, what is Nerdlix? Is it just that fiendish auto-correct at work on Netflix?

Posted on Jun 2, 2012, 7:02:43 PM PDT
Maine,
LOL
Nerdlix is my iPad's fiendish auto-correct! Sorry...
I'm home now so can work on my computer to make my very own typos!
Kathy

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 7:36:53 PM PDT
Susie says:
Kathy, Maine,

There's a candy called 'Nerds', Nerdlix could be a 'Nerd's sucker'.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 7:43:36 PM PDT
Susie says:
Hi Pat,

I didn't know you were Shugak fan.

How's your ankle?

My knees have been much better since my son turned my mattress around for me. I have a Tempur-Pedic, I sleep and sit a lot on the very edge of it and that side got lower. I think I must have been tensing my legs so I wouldn't roll off, lol.

I'm watching PBS, Barbra Striesand at the Vangard, she just sang Memories and her voice was cracked on the high notes, I was surprised. Do you like her?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 7:50:18 PM PDT
Susie says:
Joana, Maine,

I downloaded a sample of The Impressionists today.

I forgot to tell you I finished BEAT THE REAPER the other day, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
I'm listening to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, again. I wish I would have kept count of how many times I listened to the trilogy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 7:51:04 PM PDT
Susie says:
Hi Patricia,

The Brass Verdict is the only Harry Bosch book I haven't read.

Posted on Jun 2, 2012, 8:42:57 PM PDT
Tracey Ivy says:
Okay everyone, I have finally got a copy of Nesbo's REDBREAST and am starting the trilogy. Yay.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 2, 2012, 11:26:04 PM PDT
Susie says:
Tracey,

Great! Let us know what you think of Redbreast.

Posted on Jun 3, 2012, 5:53:11 AM PDT
Tracey, I'm excited you're starting on THE REDBREAST. It can be a little confusing because it jumps around in time and place, but it's a terrific book.

Susie, glad you enjoyed BEAT THE REAPER. He has a new book out, called WILD THING. I've just barely started it, so I can't vouch for it. I'm wondering if you might get into the audio versions of Louise Penny's Armand Gamache books. The reader, Ralph Cosham, is just so darned good. Why don't you listen to a sample of the first book, STILL LIFE, and see what you think? The police procedural aspects of the books should appeal to you.

Right now I'm listening to Joseph Kanon's ISTANBUL PASSAGE. The story is good, but the reader uses the same voice for all the male characters and it can be confusing sometimes to follow who's talking.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 8:28:05 AM PDT
Hi Susie,

THE BRASS VERDICT is a Mickey Haller Novel where Bosch is a supporting character, but it reveals a surprising fact about Bosch.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 10:16:13 AM PDT
Susie,

Funny you should mention Memories. The song always reminds me of a younger version of myself and a great love. That was our theme song. I haven't seen Barbara Striesand in years, but yes, I've always liked her.

I finally acquiesced and went to the doc. No fracture that they could see, but apparent joint damage. Got injections on Wednesday, but the darn thing is still keeping me from sleeping. I have to pick up an immobilizer tomorrow. Maybe that will help. I've become a zombie from lack of sleep.

Amazon has put Whispers from the Ashes in their monthly pick. It will be discounted for the entire month. That has given it a good jolt in sales already.

And, yes, again. I liked how Stabenow captured the real Alaska in her early books. This last one was just not interesting to me. I'm sure I'll try it again, but not at the moment. I've buried myself in the last book of the Hunger Games. Also, kind of a disappointment, but I haven't finished it yet.

I'm glad you're feeling better.

Pat

Posted on Jun 3, 2012, 10:41:41 AM PDT
Booklass,

I just went to check the ranking of Whispers and found an absolutely lovely review from you. Thank you so much. You have raised me from the near dead! Funny timing as I have decided to give up traditional publishing in its entirety and go completely Indie. I have shredded or removed from my computer all communications between myself and agents and publishers. It feels like a cleansing of the mind. LOL.

A review from a reader like you, goes straight to my heart. Thank you, again.

Pat

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 11:16:45 AM PDT
Booklass says:
Pat, you earned that review, or I would not have written it. Keep on keeping on. You have a talent.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 11:18:46 AM PDT
Bill Flynn says:
Hi Pat,
Congrats on your Whispers From The Ashes... Saw it at around 300 on the Amazon Kindle BSL...It's a good book that's deserving of that rating.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 11:21:49 AM PDT
Booklass says:
Susie, I thought "Nerdlix" was a new channel for seriously nerdy people. I got all excited for nothing!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 3, 2012, 11:22:24 AM PDT
Booklass says:
Kathy, LOL...love auto-correct. It can make for some interesting dialogue.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Mystery forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mystery forum
Participants:  110
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 13, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 23 customers