Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Nintendo DS forum

DS Games for Adult PART 3

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3826-3850 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 3:46:47 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012, 7:25:40 AM PST
Puzzler says:
Annie B, I don't have any feedback for you on games similar to MySims. I don't play sims-type games, but I think Toni does. And maybe Cynthia.

Have you tried the other MySims games? MySims Kingdom and the others?

I thought if I brought your question up again, maybe someone would see it and have some help for you.

And...Welcome! :)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 8:26:27 AM PST
PJ says:
Is 't that Animal Crossing game a simms type.I think alot of people liked that one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 8:29:51 AM PST
PJ says:
Puzzler Did you already start the Mario game? I was thinking you still had it wrapped.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 8:36:56 AM PST
Kathy says:
To all Match 3 addicts: I ordered Cradle of Egypt 2 for $14.99 and noticed that Cradle of Rome 2, Cradle of Persia and the Jewel Master Games are all on sale, too. Time to stock up!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 9:09:40 AM PST
maketime4fun says:
Sadly, all of those are timed and I can't get beyond the first third of them if that :(

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 9:23:26 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
A really fun sim-type game I love is Chocolatier. I'm actually replaying it right now. It's simple to understand and play and it's really engaging. Plus it's chocolate. I would highly recommend it.

Chocolatier

And it's on sale right now for only $8.64!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 9:36:01 AM PST
Puzzler says:
PJ, you're right, I did still have it wrapped up, but then flowerchild had a question about the shop thing, and I thought I might as well try to figure that out and the downloading thing. So I did start the game a few days ago. I'm not very far into it and feel like I'm flying blind much of the time. When I come upon something I've got a question about, I'm not at a save point and can't easily refer to the in-game instruction manual. And the little flyer included with the game is next to worthless it seems to me.

But I am enjoying the game. Even though I do spend a fair amount of time "falling off platforms". LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 9:43:08 AM PST
PJ says:
Puzzler~I haven't started mine yet but I do love the Marios.I may have to start soon so I can get the additional levels

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 10:41:35 AM PST
Annie B says:
Thanks for the welcome and suggestions. I ordered both My Sims Kingdom and Chocolatier both.lol Santa's going to be so happy I've done his shopping for him!
Happy Sunday, everybody! : )

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 10:41:35 AM PST
Puzzler says:
PJ, you may not need it, but you might want to give the in-game manual a looksee for tips/info. I didn't really understand the "Coin Rush" thing that folks talked about. Or the shop. Or, frankly, what some of the onscreen icons & symbols mean. I think the last Mario platformer I played all the way thru was on my GameBoy 20 years ago. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there have been changes. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 10:52:32 AM PST
PJ says:
Puzzler~I will check out themanual.I always read everything. I played the Mario Bros game that was on Ds.I also played the original one years ago on the NES.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 11:38:29 AM PST
KellyB says:
D. Carlson ~ I picked up Chocolatier a couple months ago. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounds like I need to go check it out.

Welcome Annie :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 11:46:12 AM PST
D. Carlson says:
KellyB, it's sooo addictive. I love it!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 12:06:34 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Well done, Enablers! That didn't take long for Annie to help Santa out. Now I may have to revisit Chocolatier myself, event tho I struggle with that genre :)

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 3:24:18 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012, 3:42:51 PM PST
Toni-Good luck with your mom. You certainly have done a lot for your parents. I'm assuming you won't get any help from your sister, so try
not to run yourself ragged.
D. Carlson-I had heard of Chocolatier, but can you tell me what exactly kind of game it is?
And I am still thoroughly enjoying Lego LOTR when I am not battling the boss' that occasionally pop up. It really is a pretty good game and it does let you know what to do pretty well.
Gardenscape sounds like a game I would like too-now just where to get it?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 4:17:34 PM PST
D. Carlson says:
Debra K, Chocolatier is a sim-type game where you're charged with rebuilding a chocolate empire (right off from the bat it gets you, especially if you're a chocolate lover!). You begin with a recipe for a basic chocolate bar, a factory in San Francisco and some seed money provided by a member of this chocolate-making family who has been rent asundered by greed and deception. You use the seed money to buy your basic ingredients and set up your factory to make the basic chocolate bars. Then you can sell them to chocolate candy stores all over the world as different ports are unlocked. As you travel to different places, you are given quests to fulfill, such as to make 20 cases of dark chocolate bars and deliver them to such and such person in another port city. You'll receive additional recipes for bars, fusions, squares and truffles and figure out which port has what ingredients. There are 5 other factories to buy spread all over the world and you can set them up to make whatever kind of chocolate you want or need.

It's really addictive, to try to get all the recipes and fulfill all the quests. You're constantly having to replenish ingredients and looking for the best prices to buy them, and the best prices to sell your wares.

For less than $9 it's a definite deal.

As for Gardenscapes, since the retail cart was never released in the States, I'd just get the download for the 3DS that will be coming out soon. Unless you don't have a 3DS (sorry, I can't remember if you have one or not); in which case you'll have to order it from Amazon sellers or Ebay.

Posted on Dec 2, 2012, 7:44:13 PM PST
D. Carlson. I may have to get Chocolatier. And I just got Gardenscapes off Ebay. With my paypal credit I just paid $3.60 for it. I'm happy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 7:47:33 PM PST
D. Carlson says:
Great deal on the Gardenscapes. And I hope you will like Chocolatier. It's so fun to play.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 7:56:53 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
Gardenscapes at a steal! It's $20 on Amazon and I didn't dare want to peek into eBay lest I start up that watch list and end up buying stuff. I decided that I can really only enjoy hidden object and non-timed match 3 games. And Plants vs. Zombies and LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4. I tried Batman: The Bold and the Brave...no manual or tutorial and I had no idea what I was supposed to do. Felt even stupider reading all the Amazon reviews saying how the 3 and 6 year old kids play it for days.....not this 52 year old kid. Casual Mania went a little better so I'm still on the fence with that one.

Big fun of the day was firing up the Nintendo DSi Shop and buying 1,000 points right from the comfort of my own home and not having to make the trek to Gamestop to use their WiFi that they pirate from the pizza place next door. Now I am all set to download Christmas Wonderland 2 next week.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 8:02:40 PM PST
D. Carlson says:
Just4laffs, did you play Christmas Wonderland yet? Part of the fun for me was finding the different characters from 'The 12 days of Christmas' in addition to the lists of object to locate. I hope Christmas Wonderland 2 has something similar.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 8:09:03 PM PST
maketime4fun says:
D. Carlson~
I downloaded Christmas Wonderland along with Jack the Ripper and Halloween Trick or Treat with the DS points card I got for Christmas last year and sheepishly, I have only played Jack the Ripper so far. I was thinking of finishing Jewel Match 2 before starting CW, but as the game goes very slowly, I think I will shelve it and move on to the more appropriate holiday game. Then I can play the second one right after I finish the first one. The trailer and your recommendation made it sound really fun so now I can't wait :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 8:19:05 PM PST
I like the Sims for the pc, but not so much for the ds. I had MySims Kingdom for awhile, but I'm not into running around, doing errands for people to go forward in the game. All of that running around bores me to death. I did have the first Sims game for the ds for awhile, until it stopped working. Thank goodness I finally learned not to buy games from China on ebay, no matter how cheap they are. lol

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 8:21:37 PM PST
I picked up Chocolatier at least a year ago and I have never opened it. Someday though since I'm pretty sure it will be a game I'll enjoy.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2012, 8:27:53 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 2, 2012, 8:32:20 PM PST
No, Debra, I don't get any help from my sister. We spent two days clearing out a room for my mom and my sister called yesterday afternoon and said they were coming out to help. Well, they showed up today....after all of the work was done. Right now I'm so tired I could fall asleep typing this, but its the first time I've had any "me" time in days. I'm sleeping on the couch so I can hear my mom if she gets up to go to the bathroom, so in a bit I'm going to curl up on the couch(its more comfy than my bed) and play Cradle of Rome for awhile. Its good to put me to sleep and I know I can use it for that purpose for a long time because I am never going to beat that game. Grrrr!

I haven't played my 3ds for days....probably over a week. I just haven't had time to do anything. I did take my 3ds to the mall for my 2 frantic days of Christmas shopping and got two street passes. Give me another 6 months and maybe I'll make it to a dozen. lol

Posted on Dec 3, 2012, 6:33:34 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 3, 2012, 6:33:57 AM PST
Toni-I figured that was the case. I don't know how you keep your cool. I took my 3DS out to Vegas with us to watch our youngest son wrestle at the convention center. I need to see if I got any streetpass hits from the airport and from walking around at the hotel and convention center. I couldn't stop playing Lego LOTR long enough to check!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Nintendo DS forum (584 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  Nintendo DS forum
Participants:  88
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 13, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 2, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 31 customers