Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Read, Reading, Planning to Read .... Part two:)

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 9001-9025 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 7:23:53 PM PDT
I took a second to look at Bloody Little Secrets (Book 1 of the Bloody Little Secrets Series) which looked promising but I was able to overcome any desire to 1-click and also looked over Monument 14 which looked to be too depressing for me to deal with at present. Spent about 4 hours finishing Season 3 of Warehouse 13 (which was hokey but good) and so I am STILL trying to get finished with Accidentally Dead, Again (An Accidental Series) which has gotten very good at about the 50% mark, hope to finish it tonight or early tomorrow.

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 7:46:50 PM PDT
Marie says:
You're going to have to share some of that willpower Doug:)

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2012, 7:57:33 PM PDT
Cace411 says:
Doug - Couldn't help myself. Had to read the prologue for Carwyn even though I haven't finished bk4. That piece was such a tease!!

Posted on Jun 10, 2012, 8:41:57 PM PDT
cace411: so a New England woman you are? I was born and raised in Mass, Vt and Ct, but have lived in the midwest for the last eternity of 33 years. I still have a hankering for the Northeast....especially the Atlantic Ocean and Long Island Sound. I spend many summers in Westport,Ma...a community in southeast Mass south of Fall River. I am going there in a few weeks to revisit old haunts. btw, i am sure there are countless numbers of book addicts who go through withdrawal symptoms when deprived of their precious books. Power to the readers of this world........... good luck on replacing your daughter's retainer...they always need something don't they?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 2:28:59 AM PDT
Marie says:
SWLTR-"but have lived in the midwest for the last eternity of 33 years." I have lived in Kansas for 31 years and yes, it seems like an eternity, too:)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 2:57:00 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jun 11, 2012, 8:31:40 AM PDT]

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 3:24:27 AM PDT
Vanessa C says:
SWLTR... I'm in CT also, Norwich, in southeast CT. My friend moved to "Misery", (Missouri). She talked about coming home and all of the trees, especially at night, were almost over whelming because she couldn't see for miles anymore. She felt a little closed in. Are there anymore displaced New Englanders out there?

I'm reading The Phantom King (The Kings). I'm not too far into it, so I can't really judge it yet.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 4:46:25 AM PDT
fogarty says:
200 posts behind so be patient and happy Monday to you all
finished the second nicki heat and since the third is already on loan from the library i will start it tonight.

not much to say if you watch the show you will like them they are nice easy reads. nothing crazy

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 4:49:05 AM PDT
We are over 9000 posts now, looks like Part 3 is going to be soon :)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 5:43:31 AM PDT
Just read this thank you to the fans of The Elemental Mysteries from Elizabeth Hunter, no numbers but it would seem sales have picked up and mostly word of mouth is responsible. take a second.

http://elementalmysteries.com/2012/06/09/thank-you-for-reading/#comment-891

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 6:06:58 AM PDT
I think I am out of control, I just 1-Clicked this one Sterling (Mageri Series: Book 1) for no reason other than it was "shiny" , hope it is as good as it looks whenever I get a chance to read it (there are some deep mental problems on display here methinks :)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 6:23:46 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012, 6:57:49 AM PDT
T.Petty says:
Trueblood SPOILER......

the turning, didn't see that coming. In the books isn't she married and pregnant w/ twins?

Just started A Fall of Water. What's up w/ Tywyll, he knows something important. This series is not something I would have chosen, but I'm pleased. I usually go for more sexy, but Gio & Baojia work for me.

The Force of Wind- sad ending, will miss Stephen. Still picturing Karate Kid- maybe it's B's training, or the landscape I have in my mind.

Enjoy Monday everyone!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 6:49:58 AM PDT
Douglas: I beat you to it this time. I already have Mageri Series, Books 1 and 2. Please don't ask when I am going to read them, because us book addicts don't even give that a thought in the "rush" of 1-clicking.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 7:12:02 AM PDT
I got to figure out a way to watch True Blood without an HBO subscription, I cancelled mine for semi-political reasons, semi because anytime an entertainer basically tells me he doesn't have to care what a large part of the HBO audience thinks due to his financial setup, its time to change the channel.

@SWLTR - But I showed control and did not buy book 2, so there ! :)

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 8:01:28 AM PDT
Cace411 says:
SWLTR, Doug - I already have Mageri Series bk 1 as well. I hope one of you will be able to read it first and give me the scoop. :)

SWLTR - Yes, I am a Bostonian native. I have lived in CT for 10 years now but all my family are in MA so we go every few months to visit and I get my "city fix".

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 8:37:18 AM PDT
fogarty says:
doug

i too love amazon customer service on my 5 kindle in two yrs thats all i am saying

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 8:39:08 AM PDT
fogarty says:
douglas

sorry me too i don't think i even read the last 2 bks and i love her. met her at a bk signing for Acheron. but the series just got out of control......

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 8:40:17 AM PDT
fogarty says:
douglas

can anyone even remember the overarching storyline? I can't

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012, 8:43:32 AM PDT
fogarty says:
vanessa

what is the overall storyline now? see that is my problem I don't need a HEA but i need to know what i am reading about. to many gods, to many well this one can't kill this one because he of sets that one and so on and so on. are the damiens still the bad guys? they can walk in light now right? do they still die at 27th what do they have to do with mystical native american gods.

also what happened with Acherons mom?

i am so confused it is no longer enjoyable to read them. what aboput Nick and the fact that the girls that was meant for him died and she shouldn't have and his mom was killed and all because of Ash what ever happened to resolving all that before moving on.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 8:58:34 AM PDT
lizardwitch says:
Enjoying: Blood Born by L.Howard (2010) Actually got it at the library..it's good enough to see if there are more..and 1 click!

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 9:09:44 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 11, 2012, 9:10:12 AM PDT
LAB says:
taking a PNR break reading Dangerous Passion. Only about 25% in but so far so good - writing is clean and polished, story is still developing.

Saw Snow White & The Hunstman last Saturday. It was a bit better than I was expecting. Stewart was a little better than in Twilight but of course Hemsworth made the movie and Charlize Theron - she did evil good! The special effects/cinematography (sp?) was also quite good. My main problem was trying to get past the "but she's Bella" frame of mind, which was weird. I've seen Rob Pattinson in other movies and thought he was quite good (BTW - if you want a real tear-jerker rent Remember Me).

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 9:31:58 AM PDT
Lulu says:
LAB, I also read Lisa Marie Rice for PNR breaks. She drifts towards erotica (a better classification is probably romantica) but her H's are always uber-alpha and her h's are pretty decent too, though they always need to be gotten out of some incredible mess lol.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 9:50:20 AM PDT
Menno says:
For some reason I'm having a hard time with full length novels right now, so set shadow bound aside and started Hex Appeal. Ilona Andrews story was very interesting and Butcher's was funny as always. I tried to read, but ended up skimming Rachel Caine's - I think she just gets a bit over descriptive for me. I skipped Carole Nelson Douglas - I have read the first 2 books in her series and then dropped it - I have too many nits with her writing. P N Elrod's was great.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 10:08:47 AM PDT
Marie says:
Well, Ive been on a roll this past weekend. After finishing A Fall of Water, I read Devil's Gate. Then I read Fury of Fire which I liked better than I thought I would but not as much as I hoped. Then I read Finding Magic (Novella) and then I decided to take a break and read a YA book. So right now Im reading Darkness Before Dawn (Darkness Before Dawn - Trilogy) and Im really hoping I didnt make a mistake with this book. I'm finding it way too easy to put down and thats never a good sign with a book. However, Im going to make myself finish this because I have hope that it will pick up the pace.

Posted on Jun 11, 2012, 12:18:59 PM PDT
Yasamin says:
Finished Sacrificial Magic (Downside) and it was the best in the series so far. This series has really become addicting since I'm going to start the short Home (Downside Ghosts): A HeroesandHeartbreakers.com Original right away.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Paranormal Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  107
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 10, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 24, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 24 customers