Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Paranormal Romance forum

Palate cleanser

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 2, 2012, 10:19:57 AM PST
Steph says:
I recently pulled a book off the TBR pile and completely hated it. I stopped half way thru feeling sad, angry and manipulated, mainly on behalf of the heroine. I needed something to bring me back to the happy place that reading takes me, but I was torn. Should I grab another random book from the TBR pile and hope for the best? Or, should I go back to a familiar story that is sure to deliver?
Ultimately, I decided to not take any chances. I knew The Mane Squeeze was just what I needed to cleanse the yuckiness. My question is: What story\author do you go back to time and again because it never gets old?

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 10:44:11 AM PST
What is TBR pile? And what was the book that made you feel icky? I like books that push me to discomfort. And i love saying "omg i cant beleive he/she did that!"

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 11:18:07 AM PST
KS TBRQueen says:
TBR pile is a Too Be Read pile. I always go back to anything by Nalini Singh. Escpecially her Guild Hunter series. The main Character Elena is the strongest herione i have ever read about. She can handle anything. I always like to read about her and feel like i can handle anything after i read a book that makes me uncomfortable.

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 2:12:32 PM PST
Shannon C. says:
Good thread topic. I agree with Nalini Singh's Psy Changelings & Guild Hunters as well as Shelly Laurenston's Pride Stories. I'd also add:

Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs
World of Lupi by Eileen Wilks
Kate Daniels series & Edge series by Ilona Andrews
A Hunger Like No Other & Wicked Deeds on a Winter's Night by Kresley Cole
Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison
Lord of the Fading Lands & Lady of Light and Shadows by CL Wilson
Mr Perfect, Cry No More, Open Season, Kill & Tell and Now You See Her by Linda Howard
Something About You by James, Julie

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 2:50:45 PM PST
My list of 'nice guys' books I read when I get sick of @$$hole alpha's & regency rakes!

Pleasure Unbound: A Demonica Novel
Dragon Actually
What A Dragon Should Know (Dragon Kin)
The Dragon Who Loved Me (Dragon Kin)
Untouched
Lord of Legends
The Battle Sylph
Breath of Fire
Never Love a Stranger
Slave (The Cat Star Chronicles)

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 4:28:16 PM PST
Steph says:
I actually debated between Mane Squeeze and Slave to Sensation. Dragon Bound is a great book but I re-read that not too long ago, so that was out. I am saving my re-reads of the whole dragon kin series until it gets closer to the next book. Can't wait!
Tanya,
Thanks for the reminder of Slave. I didn't LOVE all the cat star chronicles, but that one was AWESOME!

For those that care, the offending book was Alcandians: Alcandian Quest (Book 1) Bleck!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 2, 2012, 8:30:27 PM PST
If you like sci-fi & paranormal menages this group on goodreads is the best!
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/42800.Menage_Readers
They have good recommendations for everyone, contemporary, historical & paranormal etc...

Posted on Mar 2, 2012, 9:52:15 PM PST
Tiger Lily says:
I second many of your choices. I love that I have books that I can reread when nothing new suits my fancy. My choices are:

Alpha & Omega series by Patricia Briggs
Mercy series by Briggs
World of Lupi by Eileen Wilks
Nice Girls series by Harper
Kate Daniels & Edge series by Ilona Andrews
Dragon Kin by Aiken

Ahhhhh, good times!

Posted on Mar 4, 2012, 1:02:51 PM PST
Vanessa C says:
My choices are:

Biting Love stories by Mary Hughes- silly, crazy, funny vampire/human series.
Alpha and Omega series by Patricia Briggs
Kate Daniels by Illona Andrews
Some of the Were-Hunters by Sherrilyn Kenyon
Jane Yellowrock by Faith Hunter
Demon Hunting in Dixie by Lexi George, another really fun read, sometimes you just need to laugh.
Various Anthologies
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Paranormal Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Paranormal Romance forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Mar 2, 2012
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers