Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now toystl17_gno
Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

Looking for Single Player Games Similiar to FarmVille & Cafe World

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2010, 12:05:33 PM PDT
Bookwyrm MJ says:
My 82 year old Mother-in-Law was visiting and started playing FarmVille & Cafe World on my Facebook account. She really enjoyed them, but doesn't want to create a FB account - she's very nervous about online anything - she emails, but that's about it, plus she is on dial up.

After searching through the games, I can't really tell if anything is similar... she can't and doesn't want anything that has timed elements to it, she can't move and think quickly enough.

Anyone know of any PC games that are like Farm/FrontierVille and Cafe World or maybe PetVille? We tried Sims2 & 3 but she thought they were too complex and confusing.

Thank you for any help and suggestions.

Posted on Jul 20, 2010, 4:50:15 PM PDT
C. Jiang says:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Kingdom_for_Keflings is a good one. Pretty easy to get into, and is about building stuff.

Posted on Jul 20, 2010, 5:24:33 PM PDT
You could always get a SNES emulator and try out "Harvest Moon", which is a farming/dating game. Oddly addictive.

After you try it [and delete the .rom file within 24 hours] you could buy a SNES for cheap on ebay. Of course, nobody would really know if you deleted the .rom or not, but that's another issue.

Posted on Jul 21, 2010, 5:58:42 AM PDT
I downloaded Simfarm (appears to have been released for free) and DosBox to run it. Still a pretty good game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 28, 2010, 9:55:12 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 28, 2010, 9:56:38 AM PDT
TC says:
I would recommend Farm Frenzy Harvest
Farm Frenzy Harvest - 6 Game Premium Pack

Posted on Jul 29, 2010, 12:09:30 PM PDT
J. Wagstaff says:
make a facebook account with a fake name and make her a fake email account. boom she can play farmville and frontierville and any other facebook game she wants and no one will even know her name.

Posted on Jul 29, 2010, 2:44:28 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2010, 3:29:29 AM PDT
Mirhderer says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2010, 9:49:59 AM PDT
fallout994 says:
I think you can buy disc versions of Farmville type games at Target or Wal-Mart, so that she doesn't need to play them with an internet connection. Older games like the original Sims aren't too confusing. Sim Tower was a great easy one, as well as Theme Park and Theme Hospital. There are literally hundreds of Seek and Find games you can find for $5-$20 each that she might like.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 30, 2010, 12:34:04 PM PDT
aidanhamer

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2010, 6:19:40 AM PDT
C. jiang This is a PC Thread. This game is Xbox.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 22, 2011, 1:58:23 PM PDT
Austin says:
Kingdom for Keflings is for PC & Xbox Live Arcade.

Posted on Aug 25, 2011, 7:27:11 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 23, 2011, 9:47:05 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
I cannot recommend highly enough The Original Sims 1. Not 2 which I hated and uninstalled or 3 which I won't even try!

My daughter and I played the Sims for years on our PCs. I have my 3rd PC since then and unfortunately the CD-Drive has stopped working or I would have The Sims Complete Collection installed on this system like I did on my second PC.

We used to buy each expansion pack as they came out at $50 a pop,and had a total blast on the Sims forum from EA. Then I gave my daughter one of my expansion packs that she never had,and she also has a new PC but her son still plays on her old system off line and The Sims are still installed on it.

The Sims is the most popular PC game in history for good reason. It is a toy box/dollhouse/architectural tool all-in-one!

The Sims: Complete Collection

I would also suggest some of the Sim/Strategy/Resource Management building type games that I have from the game site Big Fish where I am a member,but I'm sure the games can be found elsewhere,also.

Some are called TM(Time Management games) but you can ignore the timer in the ones that I have,in some(not all of these have a timer) games you just won't get the gold trophy,but you can still advance. Your mother can play these games for a 1-hour free trial at Big Fish Games,Gamehouse, or Awem to see how she likes them and if they work on her PC.~

The Island: Castaway
Settlement:Colossus
Jack Of All Tribes
Royal Envoy
Fate Of The Pharaoh
Totem Tribe
Pioneer Lands
Wonderburg
Gemini Lost
Aerie:Spirit Of The Forest
Wandering Willows

Oh and she may also enjoy Farm Mania which she can play in Casual or relaxed(untimed mode).

Not the "Frenzy" or "Dash"games as they are too Clicky"!

Posted on Aug 26, 2011, 12:54:30 AM PDT
cybertext says:
World of WarCraft just added plants vs zombies, singing sunflowers, my little pony mounts, everything dropped about 10 years from style look upon cataclysm release, so go cartoonie look go.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 26, 2011, 7:03:50 AM PDT
TC says:
You get the full-version of Settlement Colossus as one of the games in this package:

Colossus 4 Pack - Build a New Civilization

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2011, 9:49:34 AM PDT
C. Hall says:
I just received that bundle. Bought it just to have Settlement Colossus on disc,but I may enjoy the other games as well,when I get my CD drive fixed to try it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012, 8:12:08 PM PST
I agree. FV and Cafe World are addicting and the more you play, the bigger the game gets and the more time it takes. I was spending 4-6 hours a day on FV and quit for 9 months. When I started up again a few months ago, it is still way more time consuming than an hour a day. I'd recommend Farm Craft. Big Fish games has it and many similar games and you can try any of them for an hour for free and you can get $2.99 specials :)

Posted on Dec 28, 2012, 11:02:07 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 28, 2012, 11:03:28 PM PST
C. Hall says:
I've never played Farmville or Cafe World, but Wandering Willows,The Island:Castaway,Settlement:Colossus,and another I just got~ Hero of the Kingdom, are all fun,very involved yet simple 'quest-based/resource gathering' games,that I'm sure she would enjoy.

Posted on Jan 6, 2013, 11:49:54 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 6, 2013, 11:50:38 AM PST
Sha Gojyo says:
Plantasia - PC

5 star rating, can't beat that.

Posted on Jan 7, 2013, 5:19:27 AM PST
Buy a 3DS, get harvest Moon a new beggining.

Problem solved!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013, 5:27:03 AM PST
Holy lots of necroing Batman!

Posted on Jan 8, 2013, 3:25:37 PM PST
auz says:
I play a game called Farm Up. Its a game very much like farm ville but if you don't play it for awhile your crops and such don't wither, its not very clicky, very easy easy pace and very easy to under stand.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 20, 2016, 6:35:05 AM PST
nick says:
not anymore! I am the same as the 82 year old mother in law but now FB have shut me down/ I don't want to play with my own name being displayed on the fv account as I created a wonderful new world I could disapear into now fb have shut me down for doing so - absolutely desolate now!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (686 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 20, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers