Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > PC Game forum

pc went into safe mode while I was play Ago of Mythology

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 20, 2012, 8:09:20 AM PDT
I installed AOM and as I was playing the pc suddenly went into safe mode. This didn't happen when I play AOE. Still in safe mode after I stopped playing. Can anyone help me on this? It's not my pc and my roommate is not very happy but I want to continue to play.
Thanks

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012, 2:09:01 PM PDT
Is the PC or the game in safe mode? Never heard of windows going into safemode without rebooting into it for trouble shooting, try a standard reboot of your system.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012, 3:25:24 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2012, 9:19:34 PM PDT
Ryan says:
I have never heard of a game putting a game into safe mode while playing it. Blue screen while playing sure, random shutdown yeah definitely, but going into safe mode all of a sudden without restarting I think is impossible (I could be wrong on this).

Did your computer shutdown and go into safe mode automatically?
Did you or your roommate install any drivers, hardware, or software on the system lately?
Does it do it with any other game currently installed on the system?

You're going to have to be a little more detailed and try to explain it as best as you can. I'm sorry but that's all I can say for right now.

Edit: Typo(s) :B

Posted on Jul 20, 2012, 4:32:13 PM PDT
From the sound of it, what you mean by "safe mode" is just that the Windows Aero theme kicked back to the Windows Classic theme when you launched the game. This happens for some games that aren't compatible with desktop compositing.

Open Control Panel and search for "theme" in the search box. Reapply a standard Windows theme to get your Aero glass back.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 20, 2012, 6:29:23 PM PDT
Ryan says:
That could also explain the "safe mode" thing. Although it should by default go back to the Aero theme after the incompatible closes.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the PC Game forum (686 discussions)

This discussion

Discussion in:  PC Game forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 20, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 20, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers