Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Politics forum

You see, Mexico wouldn't attack the US.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 64 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 19, 2012, 2:28:53 PM PST
We're allies. Americans and Mexicans routinely cross the border--sometimes too freely, yes. America doesn't claim to own Mexico.

(I think Muslims should be allowed to build mosques wherever they want; they can't fire missles wherever they want.)

It's just a bad comparison.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 2:35:14 PM PST
Well, not lately anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican-American_War

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pancho_Villa_Expedition

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 3:12:37 PM PST
"You see, Mexico wouldn't attack the US."

Yeah,...well,...as long as C. Scanlon doesn't become El Presidente de Mexico, that might be true.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 3:23:28 PM PST
RE: It's just a bad comparison.

You wrote an OP that doesn't read like an OP; there's nothing introductory about it. It appears to be a response, as if it were taken out of the middle of a discussion.......but what point is it responding to?

What is the comparison that someone must have made that you're (seemingly) referring to?

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 3:46:04 PM PST
Of course Mexico would not attack the U.S.

1) The Mexican military doesn't do anything unless the drug cartel honchos tell them to.

2) The entire country is so lacking in any form of intelligence that if the army decided to attack, 50% would march into either the Gulf or Pacific Ocean, 25% would march south, and the rest would eat a taco and go to sleep.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 3:47:19 PM PST
The Weasel says:
Clint "Chair" Eastwood says:
Of course Mexico would not attack the U.S.

1) The Mexican military doesn't do anything unless the drug cartel honchos tell them to.

2) The entire country is so lacking in any form of intelligence that if the army decided to attack, 50% would march into either the Gulf or Pacific Ocean, 25% would march south, and the rest would eat a taco and go to sleep.
(1) Some validity there
(2) Yuck, that's a foul answer.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:03:08 PM PST
Using Mexico as a topic serves at least one useful purpose.

It tends to do a pretty good job of revealing ignorance and bigotry. Worked like a charm with you.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 4:09:01 PM PST
Zato says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 4:12:48 PM PST
John M. Lane says:
Mexico attacked us in 1916. Villa's Army of the North raided Columbus, New Mexico, causing extensive damage.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 4:18:39 PM PST
No, no I'm pretty sure Mexico wouldn't attack the US. Why? Who's saying they will?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:20:30 PM PST
Truthseeker says:
===============
why did you change to truthseeker? now we have three here. I liked your previous ID.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:21:24 PM PST
zapatos espinados says:
RE: It's just a bad comparison.

You wrote an OP that doesn't read like an OP; there's nothing introductory about it. It appears to be a response, as if it were taken out of the middle of a discussion.......but what point is it responding to?

What is the comparison that someone must have made that you're (seemingly) referring to?
=======================
good observation Zap.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:23:11 PM PST
Zato says:
Mexico has been invading the US for years now.
======================
here is an mexican attack jeep

http://blu.stb.s-msn.com/i/9B/D4D499433EEA4ACA258917B9EB9_h316_w628_m4_cnecTyLvt.jpg

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:42:39 PM PST
south texas says:
ok then canada firing iranian missles across the US border although that is not viable because iranians are flying directly into veneuzlea and getting off plane and going who knows were. so the comparison of mexico lobbing rockets across the border is plausiable.

i find it really sad that the rasict screamers are just floating around waiting to perceive and call anything rasicst.

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 4:45:24 PM PST
Tony Bruno says:
Tony Romo of the Dallas Mexicans. I like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:48:34 PM PST
Who did that use to be?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:50:24 PM PST
RE: good observation Zap.

Well, I was kind of surprised that the first response, whoever it was, didn't ask something like "What are you talking about?"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:52:19 PM PST
RE: Who's saying they will?

That's what we're trying to figure out.

The OP didn't seem like a troll post.....just very incomplete.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 4:54:01 PM PST
south texas says:
isreal and gaza fighting and the comparisson of mexico doing this to US is what i ran with. it was in several threads.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 5:03:16 PM PST
RE: isreal and gaza fighting and the comparisson of mexico doing this to US is what i ran with. it was in several threads.

You made an educated guess, an assumption, and may be right......but how do you know?

I mean, to me, the disconnect between Mexico-US issues and Middle East issues is rather large without some clarification. Maybe not too large to assume, but too large to assume *and* actually respond to.

We could stop talking about it if the guy who wrote it would show up. OK...maybe I'm almost the only one talking about it, but I was curious as to what the OP was really trying to say.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 5:31:18 PM PST
Jonathan "Jimmy Dean" Lane:... says:
Who did that use to be?

====================

Looks like Truthseeker (NTPW) is the original

Truthseeker (formerly tea party women - living in Europe) is #2.

now truthseeker with an empty profile was entropybydesign.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 5:32:53 PM PST
zapatos espinados says:
RE: good observation Zap.

Well, I was kind of surprised that the first response, whoever it was, didn't ask something like "What are you talking about?"

==================

that is what i was thinking, but i'm use to some posters having ongoing conversations with themselves before/while posting. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 6:00:24 PM PST
Aluf B. says:
zapados Espinados:

Kudos!

Rachel

Posted on Nov 19, 2012, 6:13:53 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Jan 1, 2013, 7:42:43 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 19, 2012, 7:23:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 19, 2012, 7:31:29 PM PST
RE: Kudos!

Since this is a now a throwaway thread for everyone except T. Paine -- and no one knows what he's talking about anyway -- I'll comment about the observation you commented on here.

Mexico, as a topic, is sometimes effective at revealing bigots. They don't realize they're being sucked in sometimes. There are good things and bad things about the place that people could mention, but you can tell when someone merely wants to disparage or trash talk and nothing more.

My screen name is sort of like that. It started out as a nonsense name -- and it still is -- that came about because of a completely meaningless set of circumstances that existed when I was initially joining the forum and being prompted for a quick screen name. For whatever reason, a few people told me they liked the name, so I thought I might as well keep it for a while. It didn't make much difference to me.

But after a while, a guy who assumed I was Mexican started telling me I should go back to making tacos, enchiladas, etc., because that was probably what I was best at doing. I thought, hmmmm.....it only took seeing my name to draw that one out of the closet!

Since then it's happened maybe a couple times a year. Usually it's just trolls or other drive-by posters, but when you bust them, they're really caught since they've unwittingly hung themselves. Just yesterday a poster named DonJuan told me I must be one of those "skanky Latinos."

So I've decided to keep it for the long haul. It has benefits I never knew existed.

Someone posted to me the other day in a religion forum that they thought I was Greek, and a second person chimed in and agreed. They must have known very little Spanish, and they thought the "os" at the end of zapatos and espinados looked Greek...which is sort of true if you don't think Spanish first. It sounded really strange to me that someone thought I might be Greek because no one had ever mentioned that before. They were really surprised to hear that I'm a cross between Swedish and Czech/Hungarian.

It makes me wonder if anyone here ever made the same mistake.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Politics forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
4554 18 hours ago
Trump's NFL Comments 14 7 hours ago
A Wall is built 2 7 hours ago
It seems Tesla took a page out of the Microsoft Windows playbook. They said they sent a "temporary update" to people in the path of Irma to extend the range of their car by 30 miles by unlocking the real capacity of the battery, a "$9,000 upgrade". 6 7 hours ago
Lower food prices for Trump supporters! Just like a pay rase it is. 5 7 hours ago
Trump's pathological dishonesty is damaging to the country. 2 7 hours ago
Anyone Else Feel less Safe Under Trump when it Comes to Foreign Policy? 37 7 hours ago
Leftists, didn't the ancient Egyptians use slaves to build the pyramids? 29 7 hours ago
Senator McCain, go back to Arizona and heal.... 20 7 hours ago
The European Union funded a report that concluded that piracy doesn't harm the economy and is now trying to bury the report. 2 7 hours ago
Is way too much expected of the Red Cross? 2 7 hours ago
Nestled in House Spending Bill: Campaign Finance Deregulation 3 7 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Politics forum
Participants:  21
Total posts:  64
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer