Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Goodbye Ratzi.....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 864 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 11, 2013 5:45:41 AM PST
The ex Hitler youth, former conservative Cardinal and instigator of the CDF is going to step down from his current posting as Pope. Probably due to his "lack of godly energy"......Good riddance.... Wonder if the RCC will replace him with a younger candidate.......

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:28:08 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Big news of the day, for sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:51:01 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Seems Cardinal Peter Turkson is the frontrunner.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 6:56:45 AM PST
G. Heron says:
Has he thought it through? Given the current world economic conditions is this the right time to be giving up a job for life?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:07:42 AM PST
dischism says:
Yeah, Ladbrokes have him as a front runner.

He seems to have made rather a mess last year with his anti-Muslim video shown while he was the President of the Pontifical Council of Justice and Peace.

*sigh*

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:08:40 AM PST
dischism says:
I reckon the retirement package will see him OK. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:17:04 AM PST
Wulfwig Fox says:
Well, I'm just going by initial news reports. They rarely get these things right.

Who knows what kind of politicking goes on when the College of Cardinals gets together?

It's likely not quite as blatant as in

The Borgias: The First Season

but still murky.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 7:24:51 AM PST
dischism says:
*grins*

Apparently his name is causing a certain amount of disquiet as there's an end times prophesy about the last Pope (Petrus) being the anti-Christ.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 7:29:26 AM PST
Indeed Disch, Dontcha just love it when the prophecized Anti Freeze turns out to be theirs truly.....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 8:31:27 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Ha! I doubt Ratzi foresees any money troubles. Just sayin'.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:32:41 AM PST
(®_0) says:
The Pope was pressured to step down because of rumours about the PEDs he used... many former alter boys were ready to testify against Ratzi.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 8:41:36 AM PST
MC Zaptone says:
Frankie Boyles little joke:
He obviously did something the Church found unacceptable, probably shagged a consenting adult female.

Hahaha....

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:20:08 AM PST
Any chance the Catholic leadership will take this opportunity to move the church back into the direction of relevance, and nominate a younger, more socially liberal pontiff? Or, will they take a page from the Republican play-book, and double-down on the same extremism that is losing them relevance in today's world?

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 9:57:19 AM PST
Michael, while I would like to see the former, I expect the latter. When religion is involved,one cannot expect common sense....

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:13:16 AM PST
Bubba says:
I would imagine that he set himself up with a very comfortable pension, plus he gets to keep the Italian shoes and any little trinkets that he may have put in his luggage..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:15:39 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Interesting, though, that they haven't had to deal with supporting a living ex-Pope in 600 years. I'm sure he will not want.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:16:10 AM PST
Bubba says:
They need to start drinking ethylene glycol permanent type Anti Freeze rather than the cheap alcohol based Anti Freeze.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 10:17:26 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Isn't it about time for Queen Lizzie to retire already? Poor Charles can't wait forever. Senility will set in. Unless it already has.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:47:48 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
Isn't it about time for Queen Lizzie to retire already? Poor Charles can't wait forever. Senility will set in. Unless it already has.

PJA Naaa. Queenie is on her second if not third childhood.She had the ultimate party thrown for her last year, hell, she even parachuted out of a helicopter during the Olympics, and with the help of James Bond no-less. I like the Queen, shes cool. And she smiles a lot more these days.. She will know when its time to retire, but its unlikely as she knows what duty is.... Although her mother lived past 100 so its more than possible for Queenie to do the same..

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 10:55:32 AM PST
Eric Preston says:
Hopefully the current law suits against him will prove otherwise.

Let him live in the bowels of the Vatican, destitute and shamed.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 11:08:47 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
One of my family's claims to fame is that my Polish Jewish mother, just 3 years older than Queen Liz, was her spitting image. The resemblance in their photos, both when they were in their 20s and as both aged, was uncanny. I always wondered if one of the Windsor kings or princes had made a foray into central Poland in 1921 and, well, you know. ;-). I've always wanted to claim a title.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:33:25 AM PST
Brian Curtis says:
I wonder if each Pope leaves little notes for his successor? Like:

"Breakfast--always order the eggs. Francisco is FANTASTIC with omelets."

"Yes, you have to wear the hat."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 11, 2013 11:41:09 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 11, 2013 11:44:55 AM PST
S. Kessler says:
One of my family's claims to fame is that my Polish Jewish mother, just 3 years older than Queen Liz, was her spitting image. The resemblance in their photos, both when they were in their 20s and as both aged, was uncanny. I always wondered if one of the Windsor kings or princes had made a foray into central Poland in 1921 and, well, you know. ;-). I've always wanted to claim a title.

PJA. Its not that hard to. You should research and see what your ancestry is... I have a Duke somewhere in mine. And in 1921 they weren't be known as Windsor, They were known as Battenberg.Remember they are of German descent. Philip isn't even British. he's Greek/Danish. And he was directly related to Tsar Nicolas..When the bodies of the Russian royal family were discovered in 1991, the DNA used to prove their identity came from him.

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 11:42:19 AM PST
Joe W says:
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 12:35:57 PM PST
My dumb questions of the day: since the pope is citing poor physical health as his reason for abdication, why not head on over to Lourdes in the Popemobile for a quick faith-based healing? Is the pope's faith not strong enough? Is he admitting that faith healing is a scam?
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  42
Total posts:  864
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2013
Latest post:  Feb 27, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions