Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

I REALLY wish that Atheists would just give it a rest...

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 6951-6975 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 12:07:51 PM PDT
Sweet Possession

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 12:10:27 PM PDT
You and MJO: complete comedy relief. The difference? You're deliberately funny!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 12:33:36 PM PDT
Newbomb Turk says:
We're heading down to Austin in November. Should be great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:03:16 PM PDT
MJO says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:11:29 PM PDT
Faithradha says:
JR says: IF we can not perceve this God with our "limited ceberal cortex" than how can we know what this God wants and expeccts of us? If we can not perceve "him" how can we know ANYTHING at all about "him"?

FR: Yes we can. It is called Transcendent Knowledge where one is allowed to go beyond the finite mind of man and tap directly into Source. One does not THINK in this state... one simply REALIZES.

In this non-dual state there is no differentiation going on. All is recongized as being Inifinite Consciousness. Here, the Knower, THAT which is Known, and the actual act of Knowing itself are understood to be ONE and the same. This is Absolute ONEness and not something the finite THINKING mind can wrap itself around. The finite mind cannot KNOW its Infinite Source but Source can recognize ITs own Infinite SELF... which is what we all are.

While trapped in a dream the mind does nor recognize the dreamer but only identifies with their limited 'dream self'. It is ONLY when we WAKE UP... that we realize that we are the THAT of ~ I AM THAT ~

Why would one want to make themselves believe anything? One should always hold out for actual, undisputible proof.
As for religion....The God of religion is a judgmental God. Man has made that God in their own image. Jesus even taught.. do not judge... and what does dualistic religion do? Creates a judgmental God. Oy Vey. :P
Anyone who has actually MET "God" realizes in that instant that there is no judgment there at all ... but only unconditional Love.

I would not bother with belief... I would definately hold out for Knowning... and not just subjective knowing via the finite mind but Transcendent Knowing.... where one Knows "God" as "God" Knows "God". We must move our awareness from the finite to the Infinite... and that takes the highest gift of Grace.
~ Peace ~

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:13:38 PM PDT
MJO says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:20:46 PM PDT
Faithradha says:
"...even fruitcake is a manifestation of (a god)..."
Mark: (if anthropomorphism, then fruitcake to (a god); if godothromorphism, then (a god) to fruitcake. How dualistic is that???)

FR: That statement is not meant to be taken as anthropomorphism... but as an actual reality. At the essence of all physical forms and subtle energy...one will find Scintilating Consciousness itself. (Think string theory). This entire universe then is SELF Aware.

Just as a block of gold may take on the form of a goblet and a ladle... still the actual essence of those objects remains gold.
Since "God" / Infinite Consciousness is the only ONE here... then all forms have "God" as their actual core essence.
"God" then is all that IS and IS NOT.... literally. It is a matter of Recognition and Grace is the key. Grace alone removes the veil so that the actual essence of ALL things, including ourselves.. is nothing but "God" / Consciousness... literally.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mark: "...where judgement and differentiation reign..."
(which you must do, judge and differ, in order to respond)

FR: Of course... because in this dialog we are both experiencing the dualistic state. If we were both in the non-dual state no words would even need to be spoken... it is called Transcendent Knowledge and has no need to deal with the finite mind.

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:23:58 PM PDT
MJO says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:32:01 PM PDT
Compare and contrast:

MJO: And I know a couple of things: I'm a genius

MJO: From Bach's Ninth

Proof positive: MJO, self-appointed genius. LOL!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:32:18 PM PDT
Faithradha says:
Mark: Where does grace come from, in a non-dual perceptive reality? It cannot be self-contained, because that is the epitome of dualism, between those with, and those without, or, one who lacks, then acquires, grace.

FR: Grace is the active power of "God" / Infinite Consciousness and in the non-dual state is THAT which recognizes ITs own Perfect and Infinite SELF.. as all that IS and IS Not. It is not really something the dualistic mind can fully grasp since it will always appear to be an Either/ Or proposition. But from the non-dual State which is ALL Inclusive... duality exists within the non-dual as an aspect of it.

The whole IDEA of Lack belongs to the dualistic mind which perceives difference even when *ultimately* speaking there is none. Consider the wealthy king who falls asleep and dreams he is a pauper. In that moment he may well experience LACK ... and yet he is the most wealthy person in the country. So for humans there is often this sense of lack and separation... all because of the veiling ego. Grace shatters that 'false' ego and reveals our true and underlying constant state to us.
It is true that the veiled mind can never learn anything about the non-dual state by simply talking about it. For this Grace IS essential. I can suggest people go seek that Grace... and then KNOW for themselves. Again.. some are ready and just need the suggestion... while others fall back on Occam's Razor and are content wth that. And they will be... until they are not. Hey.. it's mystical what can I say?
ANyway... enjoy your posts but must leave town for a bit. Be well, Faith

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:41:54 PM PDT
MJO says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:53:09 PM PDT
quert says:
J. Russel says: "IF we can not perceve this God with our "limited ceberal cortex" than how can we know what this God wants and expeccts of us? If we can not perceve "him" how can we know ANYTHING at all about "him"?"

Imo, this is one of the most reasonable statements I've seen in a while.

J Russell: "As for the existence of specific religious canon, it is far more likely a political power grab than anything real."

I agree 100%. As a matter of fact, I would say that at the root of any organized religious movement you'll find a political motivation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:57:13 PM PDT
quert says:
Bubba,

Not so, not so! I make the most delicious fruit and nut drop cookies during the holidays. My daughter took cookie plates to work with her last Christmas and all her co-workers begged for more. I'd say if 20-somethings love a cookie, it must be good. I beg of you, do not besmirch the lowly dried cherry!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:57:59 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2012 1:58:27 PM PDT
JagdTiger says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 1:58:45 PM PDT
MJO says:

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:06:48 PM PDT
Yes, indeed. Indicative of your ongoing commitment to accuracy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:09:39 PM PDT
quert says:
FR: "One does not THINK in this state... one simply REALIZES"

quert: The problem with this is: can we be sure that an intuitive knowing unquestionably represents reality? The possiblility exists that it could simply be the manifestation of subjective imagination. In your opinion, what is the definitive event that separates reality from imagination?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:13:53 PM PDT
He might mean Justin Bieber's Ninth.

The first letter is the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:29:11 PM PDT
hahahahahahaha

i just love sarcasm. oh, my

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:30:45 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Jul 27, 2012 2:57:08 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:35:44 PM PDT
Excellent point! What about John Boehner's Ninth? Or Tyra Banks' Ninth? How about Alec Baldwin's Ninth? Or David Bowie's Ninth? There's that MJO commitment to excellence!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:48:01 PM PDT
RRR,

Sometimes I get confused and think I'm the genius philosopher who wrote the Timaeus and the Republic.

But alas, only the first letter is the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:50:14 PM PDT
hahahahah

(let me catch my breath; geesch)

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 2:59:20 PM PDT
Alas.

But you see, there is your mistake. That great genius, MJO, in whose head I dwell, has informed us that the first letter is all that matters, so you ARE that great philosopher, just as I am the actress that plays the lead in my favorite TV show, "Shameless." After all, you've never seen the two of us together, have you? So what is the deal with Atlantis? Just a story, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 27, 2012 3:14:06 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 27, 2012 4:17:37 PM PDT
J. Russell says:
MJO says:
No condescension implied, but a second grade student hopefully comes from duality to non-duality with increased consciousness.

My Response:
Oh yea I see no condescention there. eyes rolling right out of my head. What is that saying .....oh yea ...
Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength.

MJO says:
So when Christ gave the admonition: "Love one another as yourself," He really meant it ;)

My Response:

The adminition of "love one and other as you love yourself" or actually the Ethic of Reciprocity is common to many religions, some that existed long before Christianity. It is normally intended to apply to the entire human race. Unfortunately, it is too often applied by some people only to fellow believers.

Also there is no need to believe in any god figure to see the wisdom of the Ethic of Reciprocity

Buddhism: Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." Udana-Varga 5:18
Confucianism: "Do not do to others what you do not want them to do to you" Analects 15:23
Ancient Egyptian: "Do for one who may do for you, that you may cause him thus to do." The Tale of the Eloquent Peasant, 109 - 110 Translated by R.B. Parkinson. The original dates to circa 1800 BCE and may be the earliest version of the Ethic of Reciprocity ever written.
Jainism: "A man should wander about treating all creatures as he himself would be treated. "Sutrakritanga 1.11.33

Lastly here is a possable fault with the Ethic of Reciprocity in light of how some religions try and teach us the self-contempt inherent in the idea of orginal sin.

The remarkable thing is that we really love our neighbor as ourselves: we do unto others as we do unto ourselves. We hate others when we hate ourselves. We are tolerant toward others when we tolerate ourselves. We forgive others when we forgive ourselves. We are prone to sacrifice others when we are ready to sacrifice ourselves.
It is not love of self but hatred of self which is at the root of the troubles that afflict our world.
Eric Hoffer
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  242
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 28, 2012
Latest post:  Sep 21, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions