Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Shroud of Turin: For the doubting Thomases?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3326-3350 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2012, 11:10:40 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2012, 11:12:19 PM PDT
Tamara: ***Sounds like a musician, or.................a comedian.

Rachel: The comedian is you, dear. It's your ongoing joke that we are taking you seriously.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 4:45:53 AM PDT
Gwaithmir says:
Angel said: "You won't find archaeological information, because this is an hypothesis, so Physicists working on the Shroud may think in terms of other possibilities for image formation. Ask a Physicist."

>No, you submit your "hypothesis" to a genuine scientific body for legitimate peer review. Otherwise, I will regard it as mere claptrap falling into the realm of Sci-fi. I came to this forum looking for facts, not tongue-in-cheek speculation.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 6:08:05 AM PDT
Banished says:
Me: "Ed Prior, (no, not Dr. Prior; just Ed) the "scientist" who allegedly "performed scientific studies" has a bachelor's in engineering and a master's in astronomy. Which of those disciplines qualifies him to perform "scientific studies" on the shroud and what were the nature of those studies? Did he have access to the shroud?"

Angel: "***Most of the work done in scientific research is done by those who hold Bachelor's degrees or Master's degrees. PhDs as a rule oversee the experiments. The PhDs are too busy writing publications and meeting with other scientists in their fields or attending seminars. PhDs do some experiments, but most scientific experimentation is done by those holding a Bachelor or Master degree. "

Tamara, your ability to miss the point is exceeded only by your ability to obfuscate.

Angel: "So, yes Ed Prior is perfectly qualified to perform a test using a scientific instrument, and it's definitely part of his every day routine."

Note that nowhere in there did you answer my questions which were: "Which of those disciplines qualifies him to perform "scientific studies" on the shroud and what were the nature of those studies? Did he have access to the shroud?"

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 6:14:28 AM PDT
Banished says:
Gwaithmir: ">An what sort of physical mechanism would cause a non-metallic body to suspend itself in midair and rotate like a dynamo? Also, what would prevent Jesus' arms and legs from flailing about from centrifugal force and balling the whole shroud into a tangled mess like clothes in a dryer?"

Angel: "***I stated the process was initiated by a solar flare, if you had read my hypothesis. Iron obviously would have been a given in the levitation process, as would a magnetic field and an electrostatic field."

I'm sorry, but I am seriously beginning to question if she isn't a Poe. How can anyone be this ignorant and still be able to get through the day?

More Angel: "Secondly, if his body was spinning quickly, centripetal force would keep his arms at his side. Just like a ballet dancer or an ice skater keeps their arms close to their bodies while rotating."

I rest my case.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 6:18:04 AM PDT
Banished says:
From Angel: "***Nah! I prefer reality."

You wouldn't recognize reality if it kissed you on the mouth.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 6:18:36 AM PDT
Banished says:
"***I pay attention to everything, but unfortunately, I am on a completely different tangent that you guys. "

It just gets better and better.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 7:07:25 AM PDT
Gwaithmir says:
Angel said (In response to my reference to Jesus' body spinning like a dynamo): "Secondly, if his body was spinning quickly, centripetal force would keep his arms at his side. Just like a ballet dancer or an ice skater keeps their arms close to their bodies while rotating."

>You've flunked basic physics, Angel. Centripetal force in this case would be negative. A skater's arms are propelled OUTWARD by positive cetrifugal force when she spins. She must deliberately exert energy to draw her arms inward to overcome this force when she spins. You can confirm this effect yourself by standing erect and doing a pirouette like a dancer.

>Also, how could a dead Jesus hold his arms and legs inward during the spinning event you describe?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 8:50:05 AM PDT
Angel says:
Rachel: I didn't until now. Whatever scientific credentials you claimed were bogus. It isn't terribly surprising that a true believer would ignore the vast amount of evidence supporting evolution and simultaneously embrace the pseudoscience of the "sindonologists."
I recently came across a quotation from the Christian apologist William Lane Craig which explains your mindset perfectly. "Should a conflict arise between the witness of the Holy Spirit to the fundamental truth of the Christian faith and beliefs based on argument and evidence, then it is the former which must take precedence of the latter, not vice versa." [from "Reasonable Faith: Christian Truth and Apologetics", 1994]

***I don't follow what a majority of Christian preachers trumpet. I've been called an heretic by most of them, remember.

My view is the Holy Spirit is female, and most Christian preachers do not hold this view. As a matter of fact, there are only a handful of those Pastors that I agree with. If I lived in Florida, I would attend the church/temple of Messianic Rabbi Moshe Yoseph Koniuchowsky. I enjoy his logical thought process. Link.

Who/What is the Ruach HaKodeshI? - Your Arms To Israel
yourarmstoisrael.org/Articles_new/notes/index.php?page=what_is
Who/What is the Ruach HaKodesh? Sermon Delivered 12-25-04 Part One. Taught By Rabbi/Brother Moshe Yoseph Koniuchowsky. Delivered Live at B'nai ...

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 8:56:30 AM PDT
Angel says:
Rachel Rebecca Riordan says:
Tamara: ***I pay attention to everything, but unfortunately, I am on a completely different tangent that you guys.

Rachel: Here, Tam, I noticed you made a couple of spelling errors. Let me help. "***I pay attention to everything, but unfortunately, I am on a completely different planet than you guys." There. All fixed. No charge. Consider it a public service.

***Oops you failed to include one thing.

My planet is the planet of Light. As Ernestine (Lily Tomlin) used to say,
"and that's the truth." You're welcome to visit. :)

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:06:45 AM PDT
Angel says:
Spinoza says:

Spinoza: Angel, you may have the potential to begin a successful career writing science fiction.

Rachel: She has been.

Spinoza says:

Uh, then she might want to avail herself of a good editor, I think. :-)

***Yes, but I'd first have to screen him/her, just to be certain he/she does not have the nanoscopic view that you two do.

:) Right back atcha!

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:09:05 AM PDT
Angel says:
Spinoza: Uh, then she might want to avail herself of a good editor, I think. :-)

Rachel: We all need a little help now and then. Some more than others.

***Wow, are both of you writing autobiographies. LOL

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:15:37 AM PDT
Angel says:
Lugh says:
Angel says: "Lugh

***Where? There or here?"

There is only here, wherever you are. There is always somewhere else.

***Yeah, if you like living under a cloak of darkness.

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:19:09 AM PDT
Angel says:
Tamara: ****Wow! EMF radiation really works. LOL

Rachel: Yes, keep on laughing, particularly since you owned up to this last night.

***Oh, the power of subliminal messaging!

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:23:24 AM PDT
Angel says:
Tamara: ***Sounds like a musician, or.................a comedian.

Rachel: The comedian is you, dear. It's your ongoing joke that we are taking you seriously.

***You have no choice! Fact is fact and truth is truth; regardless if it enters from the right or left. Remember, truth always prevails.

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:44:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012, 10:46:03 AM PDT
Angel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:49:20 AM PDT
Lugh says:
Angel says to Lugh, ***Yeah, if you like living under a cloak of darkness.

You may be familiar with that. I am not, I live in the light. Where I am, when I am, there is no other time and place.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 9:59:34 AM PDT
jpl says:
You DIDN'T see an objective documentary. You saw ONE viwpoint. For every six or seven minutes advocating what you already want to believe, you saw about one minute of the scientific side.

This is how programs make their ratings if they want to exist, even if they have to resort to pseudoscience.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:01:15 AM PDT
jpl says:
That's beautiful, Lugh.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:09:52 AM PDT
Angel says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on May 16, 2012, 10:18:51 AM PDT
jpl says:

My name's not Thomas, and I certainly don't believe that your Jeezus is still alive. If he lived, he died about 2500 years ago. Get over it! If there's any Truth to be found, go through whatever it takes to find it! Wake up!

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:20:26 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 16, 2012, 10:44:02 AM PDT
Angel says:
jpl says:
You DIDN'T see an objective documentary. You saw ONE viwpoint. For every six or seven minutes advocating what you already want to believe, you saw about one minute of the scientific side.

This is how programs make their ratings if they want to exist, even if they have to resort to pseudoscience.

***I never stated you could not hold to your beliefs, but rather, science will not deter me from my belief.

What Jesus stated has been truth. Jesus stated, "I have come to give sight to those who cannot see and to take sight from those who can."

Jesus fulfilled this prophecy. Jesus gave sight to the blind man, and took sight from Paul.

Jesus stated, with respect to the Temple, "Not one stone will be left upon another than shall not be thrown down." And to this day, there has not been a Temple in Israel.

Jesus stated, if I go, I will return. Everything Jesus has stated has been truth, so why would I worship science over "TRUTH."

And the truth is Jesus will return and every knee will bow. That's the truth!

Science stated there was no Noah's flood, but the Coconino sandstone, scientifically, proves otherwise. If science cannot disprove the existence of God, why would anyone follow that path?

Best,

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:32:17 AM PDT
Max Flash says:
jpl: If he lived, he died about 2500 years ago.

Max: 2500 years?

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:35:44 AM PDT
Lugh says:
Angel says to Lugh: "***If you do not believe in Jesus, you do NOT live in the light. God is light, and if you have a different view, other than God, you do not live in light.
And, like Paul originally, you are blinded to the truth. Perhaps one day you will also shed the scales from your eyes."

Interesting perspective and a load of rubbish. You tell me that light did not exist before Jesus. This shows clearly that you have not yet found God, light or the slightest clue what Paul was teaching.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:41:05 AM PDT
B = B
U = U
L = L
L = L

I think you know the rest of the equation.

In reply to an earlier post on May 16, 2012, 10:41:57 AM PDT
Angel says:
jpl says:

My name's not Thomas, and I certainly don't believe that your Jeezus is still alive. If he lived, he died about 2500 years ago. Get over it! If there's any Truth to be found, go through whatever it takes to find it! Wake up!

***Unfortunately, I am awake, and it is you who is blinded to the truth.

It was also prophesied in Revelation, "Four Horses of the Apocalypse," and Daniel what will occur, prior to end times. We are now in thetime of the Black Horse (Famine and plague).

And, the prophecy, "A measure of wheat for a penny" is about to be fulfilled. A penny was a day's wages in biblical times, and we are close to the point, with our current economy, where we will pay a day's wages for a loaf of bread. If you think this is a joke, think again.

Keep in mind; however, when Jesus came the first time, He came as the Lamb of God. When He returns He will come as the Lion of God.

The Shroud was left merely to show the nations of the world, Jesus existed and suffered, and He will return, just as He promised.

At the sound of the last trump, will you be ready to face Him? You alone will make that choice.

Best,
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
1788 7 days ago
Another 10,000 Quotes... 8262 7 hours ago
Today In muslim History, Part II 2257 8 hours ago
Questions about very late-term abortions 13 12 hours ago
Significance of the Sign in the Sky on September 23, 2017 99 12 hours ago
Are we Sims? 279 12 hours ago
keep one change one started 14 January 2017 4574 13 hours ago
Who made up Jesus and why? 3462 16 hours ago
What is enlightenment? 2397 17 hours ago
"God is so good" 39 17 hours ago
Purden of Boof 213 22 hours ago
Weltanschauung 177 1 day ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  180
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Mar 20, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers