Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Religion forum

Atheism is absurd

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3701-3725 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 4:36:15 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 23, 2012, 8:29:48 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 4:36:35 PM PDT
Doctor says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 4:39:41 PM PDT
Doctor says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 4:40:16 PM PDT
Doctor says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 4:42:27 PM PDT
Doctor says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 4:44:27 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 23, 2012, 8:27:32 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 5:38:04 PM PDT
Ariex says:
(RE: "Critical Thinker says: According to the Genesis creation myth, the Earth was formed before the Sun. Aside from biomechanical problems, this flatly contradicts the nebular hypothesis of stellar formation, in which planets form in the accretion disk created by a young star."

Doctor says: "have looked at how many holes there are in the 3 lame theorys of the origin of the solar system"

Ariex: Have you looked at the Hubble pictures of young stars forming planets in accretion discs? Who ya gonna believe, the Genesis account or your own eyes? (or are you going to say, "Don't confuse me with facts")

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 5:44:00 PM PDT
Ariex says:
(RE: Critical Thinker says: It is not possible for a star to "fall on" the earth."

Doctor says: "How do you know?"

Ariex: If you stepped off a ledge 4 feet from the ground, would the earth fall up to hit your feet? That is, would the earth move to meet you, or would it be the other way around?

Any star close enough to capture the earth in its gravity well would draw the earth toward it. The earth would do the "falling", and, as previously noted, the star would vaporize it well before contact.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 5:50:31 PM PDT
Ariex says:
Doctor says: "The myth that the Christians thought the earth was flat is just that, a myth."

Ariex: Yes, a myth. However, the Bible contains several verses that make it clear that the ancients, including the early Christians, believed this myth. Jesus ascending a mountain to view the whole earth, for instance.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 5:50:52 PM PDT
Doc

Okay Genesis 1 and 2 are the first two. What's the third?

Posted on Apr 23, 2012, 7:22:06 PM PDT
zoltán says:
@Doctor: FWIW

In reply to your post on Apr 23, 2012 4:36:15 PM PDT
Doctor says: [You are ignoring this customer's posts. Show post anyway.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 23, 2012, 10:31:29 PM PDT
Harold Lime says:
"And you seem to not be able to comprehend to separate subjects."

Assuming that I did indeed misunderstand that you were jumping to another topic for some unknown reason, I think your twisted verbiage speaks adequately as an indication of whether the fault for my understanding was more in my reading or in your writing.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 3:36:40 AM PDT
Theo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 3:39:04 AM PDT
Theo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 3:47:36 AM PDT
Theo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 4:38:19 AM PDT
zoltán says:
"again where did Space and Matter come from?"

Space is an nth-dimensional manifestation of matter which in turn is the newest spiritual racial species of energy. One small step for a quark, one quantum leap for a god. Is that too technicle for you?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 4:54:32 AM PDT
Theo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 5:01:43 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 24, 2012, 5:02:19 AM PDT
zoltán says:
Theo says: "I see you have no clue."

When it comes to an answer to the question, "where did Space and Matter come from?", that is correct: I have neither a clue as to where the Universe might have come from nor as to whether it came from anywhere at all. The difference between you and me is that, while we are both clueless in this regard, I am aware of and accept my cluelessness. You pretentiously feign ultimate knowledge.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 7:00:18 AM PDT
Theo says:

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 7:29:31 AM PDT
Re Theo, 4-24 3:36 AM: "the Flood waters that covered the Earth." But it never happened -- as is known by every educated person. What is your problem? Are you intentionally ignorant for some reason?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 7:31:00 AM PDT
zoltán says:
Theo says: "I know where it came from."

No human does.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 7:50:11 AM PDT
Harold Lime says:
We already went through this: windows of heavens, valves on the ocean floor and all.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 7:51:20 AM PDT
Harold Lime says:
Knowing and believing one knows are not necessarily the same.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 8:43:15 AM PDT
Ariex says:
Theo says: "Ariex- again where did Space and Matter come from?"

Ariex: Space is nothingness, Theo. I think you meant to ask, "Where did matter and energy come from?"

I don't know. But where did god come from? How did god just "happen"? How did god make matter and energy.

You see, until you can actually ANSWER a question with something besides an imagined being with unimaginable AND unexplainable powers, "Goddidit" is worthless as an explanation for anything.

I know this is hard for you to grasp. Many people accept the idea of God as easily as small children accept the idea of Santa Claus. No explanation of how, just, well, "just because He's there, that's all."

And, there's that little problem for theists of the fact that the universe of matter and energy is detectably there, whereas god is only "there" in the imaginations of those who believe in magical answers.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 9:10:48 AM PDT
Ariex says:
Theo says: "It is he that sits upon the circle of the Earth. Isa40:22a (Hebrew word 'chug' should be translated spherical.)"

Ariex: Not according to linguists. Strong's 2553 doesn't mention spheres, nor does Brown-Driver-Briggs, or Goodrick & Kohlenberger. I think you derive your "translation" from backwards thinking.

Your "logic" might go something like this:
1: the Bible is the word of God, therefore it can contain no errors (Fallacy: "begging the question")

2: The earth is clearly a spheroid object. (empirical observation)

3: When God sits upon the "circle" of the earth, the word "circle" must mean sphere in order for the Word of God to be error-free, therefore we can ignore the translations from the Hebrew. (Fallacy: "begging the question"-again!)

4: The fact that the Bible is error-free proves that it is the word of God. (Fallacy: "circular argument")
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Religion forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Religion forum
Participants:  193
Total posts:  4920
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 28, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers