Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Rock forum

The Spookiest, Scariest, Most Eierryiest Song You've Ever Heard

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 337 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 3:52:50 PM PST
TM77 says:
In Sadness, Silence and Solitude (the entire cd) - Raison D'Etre
Hamburger Lady by Throbbing Gristle

I've heard Megaptera's music is so scary that it can send chills down the spine of the listener. I've yet to hear any myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 3:58:23 PM PST
"She's Havin' my Baby" by neil Diamond. Chilling.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 4:09:59 PM PST
Joe Public says:
Walking into a room at a Beach House with a top audio system blasting "Ted, Just Admit It" by Janes Addiction while have a great acid trip. Then in an instant I was the literal Deer in Head Lights. I think the hearing Ted Bundy and Janes's combined with their lyrics and musical attack resulted in a memorable malox moment.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 8:08:33 PM PST
Joe Public says:
Sounds a lot like "Intruder" by Peter Gabriel. A lyric to lyric presentation of who is waiting for you in the dark, when the phone lines have been cut. A bit off putting in these days of home invasions and restraining orders.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 8:09:56 PM PST
Mark Twain........."(She's) Having My Baby" is by Paul Anka, not Neil Diamond.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 8:57:28 PM PST
I haven't listened to them but I heard from others that the Handsome Family has some freaky lyrics.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 9:25:57 PM PST
The Dude says:
SO easy, so easy, well I cud put an album down "Locust Abortion Technician" that will be over 80% of your heads however also "Strangers Die Everyday" by none other than the BUTTHOLE SURFERS

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 10:46:11 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 2, 2008, 10:51:42 PM PST
Hipgnosis says:
M. Vreeland: Have you heard Shatner do "Mr. Tambourine Man"? The end of the song where his voice trails off while he desperately calls the tambourine man is absolutely hysterical! Mr. Tambourine Maaaannnnn!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2008, 10:48:23 PM PST
Funknpunk says:
Neil Young- "Danger Bird" off the Zuma LP. This ones got the spook.
Honorable mention, Fleetwood Mac"s- "The Green Manalishi (with the two-horned prong)". Peter Green narrates his own descent into madness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2008, 8:31:24 AM PST
rhatrz says:
Brian Eno "spider and I"

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2008, 10:53:13 AM PST
Mac says:
* "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by Bauhaus has always done it for me, ever since the first time I watched the opening scene of "The Hunger." I put it on a loop every Halloween and play it for hours. Now my son loves it too.

* The one-two punch of Under Ice and Waking the Witch on Kate Bush's Hounds of Love still kinda freaks me out after all these years.

* Tori Amos' cover of '97 Bonnie & Clyde is an absolute creepfest. I think I had to turn it off 1/2-way through the first time I played it. Still gives me chills.

* Ani DiFranco's spoken-word "paramenters" makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up

And just for the "general creepiness" factor, I'd have to agree with a few other posters and throw in most of Nick Cave's Murder Ballads, as well as some of the spoken-word portions of some of Jim Morrison's stuff. I think I might give an honorary mention to Peter Gabriel's Intruder ... that and a lot of the rest of the stuff on that album had a creepy edge to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2008, 11:24:26 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 21, 2016, 9:40:29 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 4, 2008, 11:32:30 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Dec 21, 2016, 9:40:30 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 8:43:37 AM PST
Country Death Song by Femmes - really creepy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 8:46:02 AM PST
Any Tom Waits song!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 8:56:36 AM PST
I can name a few, two that come to mind are "White Trash Heroes" by Archers of Loaf and "Something in the Way" by Nirvana

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 12:50:55 PM PST
Mad Earwig says:
Hairs on the back of my neck award goes to:
2nd part Tangerine Dream 'Rubycon'
Steve Roach 'Darkest before dawn'
Popol Vuh ' Aguirre'

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 1:07:55 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2008, 1:11:04 PM PST
Scott T says:
Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus, the beginning of the Hunger (lesbian vampires, does it get any better than that? and D. Bowie) is basically a video for it before MTV was a hit.

How about Halloween from Ministry?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 1:54:42 PM PST
Alison R. says:
Surfin Bird by the trashmen is just creepy...i hate it

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2008, 4:10:26 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on May 28, 2017, 8:47:19 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2008, 11:08:01 AM PST
idle says:
Was He Ever Alive by Swans is real creepy without getting heavy but for heavy tracks I'd have to go with Melt (The Catching Of The Butterfly) by The Nephilim - try listening to that one out in the middle of nowhere - in the dark.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2008, 6:27:34 PM PST
exodusone says:
"Black Sabbath" by Black Sabbath (1970) The first couple minutes has you just sitting there in total silence.

"Faaip De Oiad" by Tool (2001) Not really song, but has a bunch of static with some guy talking about Area 51 over the phone.

"Footloose" by Kenny Loggins (1984) They were all dancing, and their legs all fell off. LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2008, 2:53:40 PM PST
P. M. says:
"No Quarter" by Led Zeppelin. It's spooky without trying to be, which adds to the spookiness and awesomness.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008, 7:14:30 PM PST
S. Gallo says:
Danse Macabre
Black Sabbath: The Satanic Perspective- Type O Negative
Anything from the Portishead Album
Bach- Foccata and Fugue in D minor

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 18, 2008, 7:26:16 PM PST
W. Miller says:
Lou Reed's "The Kids" on his Berlin album
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  234
Total posts:  337
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2008
Latest post:  Aug 3, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 13 customers