Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning Paterson Paterson Paterson  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Final Fantasy XIV Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
Customer Discussions > Rock forum

AC/DC Goes Digital: Who is Next?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 20, 2012, 6:56:11 AM PST
Emery Would says:
Starting today (Nov. 20), you can buy the entire AC/DC on iTunes for $150.
Without jokes about AC/DC having 300 songs that are all the same, what are some of the remaining absences from the digital realm.
I'd really like to have:
Tim Curry-"I Do the Rock!"
"Repo Man" Soundtrack

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 7:17:34 AM PST
Can't you get their entire album collection on cd for less than $150? People on i-tunes are saying that this is a great deal, but for crying out loud! How can you justify paying $150 for something you can have an actual physical copy of and upload any time you want? I don't get it. Sorry to go off on a side street Emery, but anyone who is a fan of the band (I have six of their albums) would already have these songs.

But to get with the question in your original post, King Crimson is not on i-tunes, another band most people would probably not care about.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 2:06:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 20, 2012, 2:07:43 PM PST
Up 2 Late says:
Tool, I hope. As far as I know they haven't gone the digital road yet. Correct me if I'm wrong, cuz in this case I would like to be wrong ;).

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 2:28:02 PM PST
mac says:
Am I missing something here? Why can't most folks with a computer rip mp3s? Turning vinyl into digital is more difficult, but not so bad. Second hand CDs can be ripped for less than than "new" mp3 purchases, if you are prepared to wait for the mailperson.

Does the question refer to our favs digital downloads availability on iTunes, Amazon, etc?

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 3:33:13 PM PST
D. Mok says:
> Can't you get their entire album collection on cd for less than $150?

I tend to like six songs per album, tops (a *lot* fewer with Bon Scott-era albums like Powerage or Let There Be Rock), so getting all the albums on CD is still not as good a deal, especially considering how crap AC/DC's album artwork and packaging tend to be.

Posted on Nov 20, 2012, 6:51:31 PM PST
So upload the songs you like. It's still cheaper than buying the albums on iTunes and probably still cheaper than downloading six songs from each album!

Posted on Nov 22, 2012, 11:47:05 AM PST
Working Man says:
Downloads used to be cheaper than CDs, but so much anymore. I used to buy downloads of artists that I liked and didn't care about the artwork because $9.99 was cheaper than $13, $14 or $15 that CDs used to cost. Not so much anymore. Just the other day I ordered a Rush "Permanent Waves", Black Sabbath "Paranoid" and Lynyrd Skynyrd "Second Helping" for $3.99 each. I have these albums on vimyl and I have converted most of my LPs to digital but I didn't have these three CDs. I almost bought the Paranoid deluxe edition a couple years ago but I couldn't pass up $3.99 for the CD. With all the talk of CDs going away I have been gobbling up bargains. I think soon you will only be able to get these CDs as a part of box sets such as the "Original Classic Album" series. With the cost advantage of downloads gone, the only advantage is now getting music instantly or if it's not available on CD.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 8:15:43 PM PST
John says:
Hopefully Def Leppard is next.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Rock forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Rock forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 20, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.