Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Very Handsome Hero

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 15, 2008, 6:07:30 AM PDT
Happy Reader says:
I love books where the hero is very very handsome. Kind of like John Stamous pretty.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 6:25:24 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2008, 6:26:36 AM PDT
SindeeC says:
Wow, I'm not the only one that is into A to die for hero! I get alot of flack whenever I state that I cannot read A book where the hero isn't drop dead gorgeous. I even go as far as to check in ever book before I read, to make sure the hero is up to par. LOL. Check out my listmania 'To Die For Heroes'. Every single one on the list is drop dead gorgeous! Try the #1 on my list, 'One Night Of Sin' by Galen Foley and Lisa Kleypas 'Devil In The Winter'. I have much more on my list so check it out. Enjoy!

PS- You beat me to it, I was going to ask for suggestions on drop dead gorgeous heroes also. I will keep an eye on this topic so that I can find some more. LOL.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 6:39:18 AM PDT
Happy Reader says:
Thanks for your reply. Luvgirl. I must say that when a hero is not gorgeous it is sort of a let down for me. Even when the author states he is not handsome in a traditional sense but he has a very manly good-looking face, I am turned off. I say, if this is romance then let me have my fantasy..

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 7:34:36 AM PDT
SindeeC says:
LOL, you sound just like me! I stated in one of my reviews that I hate it when Lisa Kleypas describes her heroes as "not handsome in the conventional type of way" or "Striking rather than handsome" and everyone gave me A negative vote for saying that! LOL. I was shocked that everyone did not feel the same way I did because I thought romance novels was the one place it was allowed to be A little shallow. It is fantasy after all!

PS- Still try 'Devil In The Winter' though because he's one of the hottest guys she's ever written about!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 8:32:40 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 15, 2008, 8:40:23 AM PDT
* says:
I always recommend this book, and I'm going to do it again because it's my favorite romance ever! "Stardust of Yesterday" by, Lynn Kurland. The hero Kendrick is fabulous and very hot in my opinion!!! He just makes me melt!!!

On another note I do tend to like the romances where the hero/heroine has physical imperfections. I don't find it a turn off. I guess it's just personal preference on my part, buecause my fantasy man usually has a few scars. So, what is it about a hero who is not perfect that turnes you ladies off? Just wondering really, because I tend to like a good hero perfect or not.

Anyhow, if I can think of any more books that fit the 'Drop Dead Gorgeous Hero' catogory I'll let you know!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 9:32:59 AM PDT
bookworm says:
All of Karen Moning Highlanders are drop dead gorgeous. There are 7 in the series;
Beyond Highland Mist
To Tame a Highland Warrior
The highlanders touch
Kiss of the highlander
The dark highlander
The immortal highlander
Spell of the highlander

I felt that Christen Feehan's Dark series heroes are also Drop dead Gorgeous.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 11:09:29 AM PDT
JerseyGirl says:
The hero in JR Ward's "Lover Eternal" is supposedly insanely beautiful from head to toe.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 11:15:45 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
I agree with KMM's books. All of the Mackeltars are hotties. Christine Feehan's Carpathians are also very hot and sexy.

Ramsey Sinclair in Julie Garwood's The Secret and Ransom is extremely handsome (his story is told along with Brodick's in Ransom)

I believe the hero in Johanna Lindsey's Defy Not the Heart was supposed to be very handsome - tall, blonde and muscular.

Of course there is always Roarke from JD Robb's In Death series - he has blue eyes, black hair and the face of a fallen angel.

Rhage in Lover Eternal by JR Ward was supposed to be gorgeous.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 11:36:54 AM PDT
Roarke from the In Death series is my pick for sexiest man in fiction. He walks into a room and women start losing IQ points in the double-digits. Aside from being toss-your-skirt gorgeous, he's got all that charisma and just a hint of danger. (Okay, in some books, more than a hint of danger.) I also think it's incredibly sexy that he's sloppy in love with his wife.

Rhage is beautiful: blond hair, warm golden skin, and teal eyes.

I also like Morgan Kane in Katherine Sutcliffe's "Shadow Play": black hair, tanned, silver-grey eyes.

The books are fairly trashy right now, but Jean-Claude in Laurell Hamilton's Anita Blake series is also worthy of a Diet Coke break: another black-haired, blue-eyed man.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 11:39:11 AM PDT
Happy Reader says:
Thanks Shadow Dancer, Black Hair and blue eyes is such a striking combination on male or female. In real like its very rare to see someone with this type of coloring and they are not nice looking.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 11:45:57 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
Funny enough, both me and my husband have very dark brown hair and blue eyes. His hair is closer to black and his eyes are lighter blue. My hair is dark brown and I have blue eyes leaning toward turquoise. I think we are both nice looking :) You are correct, not that many people have this coloring.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 12:25:21 PM PDT
H. King says:
I usually need the guy to be good looking, but I don't mind when the author states that he isn't conventionally good looking, because I always assume those "drop dead gorgeous" guys are kind of like models--almost too pretty for a woman to handle. Well, I'm hoping that's the case. So maybe I do have a little problem with it...

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 12:26:05 PM PDT
SindeeC says:
Shadow Dancer, are those historical Paranormals and what's the name of the book that Roarke is in? I'm not into Paranormals but this guy sounds so hot that this book might be my first one! LOL

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 12:35:20 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2008, 6:28:15 AM PDT
SindeeC says:
I can't believe I forgot to mention Susan Johnson books!!! All her heroes are all to die for!!! Just pick any one you think you might have interest in, and I promise you that you will not be dissapointed in their looks. They are all HOT! HOT! HOT!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 12:37:49 PM PDT
MelissaB says:
Roarke is the hero in the In Death series by JD Robb. The series is set about 50 years in the future, so it is more futuristic romantic suspense than paranormal. The series follows the same couple throughout the books, the heroine is a police homicide detective so each book follows a case she is working. Eve meets Roarke in the first book and is married to him in the third, the series follows their relationship. I think there is a total of 28 books in the series.

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 12:54:43 PM PDT
SindeeC says:
Thank you MelissaB, I was willing to try A paranormal but I'm not sure if I'm ready for A futuristic romance yet. LOL. I'm A historical romance junkie but maybe I'll get use to the idea soon because I never thought I would have wanted to read A paranormal but the thought is growing on me since I've found this forum.

Chic Noir, all the books I suggested are historicals so I hope you like reading that era. Another book you should also try is 'Black Silk' by Judith Ivory. The hero is so beautiful that even guys find him attractive!

In reply to an earlier post on May 15, 2008, 1:04:44 PM PDT
MelissaB says:
LuvGirl,

Most people who never read paranormal seem to enjoy the Black Dagger Brotherhood series by JR Ward, so that would be a place to start and see if you like them (first book is Dark Lover).

Another good series to start with is Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series because they aren't heavily paranormal at all. They include time-travel and the Fae but focus mainly on the lead characters romance.

CL Wilson has a series, Lord of the Fading Lands and Lady of Light and Shadow. These books are kind of like a historical romance with paranormal and fantasy elements.

I used to read only historical romance as well until I got bitten by the paranormal bug, now I read evenly between paranormal and historical with a few contemporaries thrown in.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008, 3:00:58 AM PDT
Check oout these handsome fleshly HOT HUNKS!
New Orleans FIONEST detective/ HERO : Mac Chastain, I saw this gorgeous Hero through the words..amazing I loved the sound of his voice..sexy..yeaahaa!

Sandra Brown's "SLOW HEAT IN HEAVEN'S" Hero: beautiful EYES Cajun-Cash Boudreaux...del...licious!

Sandra Brown's "Hawk O'Toole's Hostage" Loved this Hero exotic complexion with blue striking EYES..!

Shannon McKenna's BEHIND CLOSED DOORS- *Seth Mackey*

Shannon McKenna's Hot Night with VERY VERY attractive mouthwatering BAD BOY: *Zan Duncan*

ANNE STUART'S INTO THE FIRE:.......
To HOT for his on Good baddddd dark Boy......*Dillon Gaynor* Enjoyble great READS also ta' boot!

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008, 4:23:33 AM PDT
Anne Stuart - Cold as Ice (Peter Jensen)
Madeline Hunter - almost all
Lora Leigh - Marly's choice (Cade August)
Liz Carlyle - A woman scorned (Cole Amherst - I'm a sucker for 4-eyed scholars)

I don't think John Stamos is pretty / handsome. In my book, to-die-for heroes are the same calibre as : Brandon Routh (Superman returns), Hugh Jackman (Kate & Leopold), Christian Bale (American Psycho), Michael Fassbender (Heathcliff in the upcoming 'Wuthering Heights'), they're sooo bone-melting hot, I'd do anything 4 'em, be @ their beck & call. I gotta agree w/ others 'bout Lynn Kurland's Kendrick & Susan Johnson & Christine Feehan heroes. =^B

Elera

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008, 9:46:09 AM PDT
Tams says:
Man of my Dreams - Johanna Lindsey is supposed to be beautiful and has black hair/blue eyes like stamos
(all of Lindsey's heros are beautiful)

The Duke and I - Julia Quinn beautiful dark hair/blue eyes

Kingdom of Dreams - Judith McNaught dark hair/blue eyes

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008, 11:48:09 AM PDT
Cameron in Nora Roberts' "Sea Swept"...tall, dark, and dangerous, a real bad boy
Zane Mackenzie in Linda Howard's "Mackenzie's Pleasure"...a SEAL, no less, and in top physical shape (sigh)
Gabriel Falcone in Anne Stuart's "Falling Angel"...described as looking like a Renaissance angel...tall, dark hair, deep voice
Rex, Viscount Rawleigh, in Mary Balogh's "Indiscreet"...another gorgeous guy
Samuel Gerard, in Laura Kinsale's "The Shadow and the Star"...described as looking like a god (this one has silvery blond hair, for a change)

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2008, 4:01:40 PM PDT
Deborah Raleigh's "Bedding the Baron" Hero is said to be angelically pretty
Gena Showalter's "The Nymph King" Heroes are said to be so pretty that it hurts. Yummy!
Johanna Lindsey's "The Devil that Tamed Her" Hero is handsome in all his blondness...LOL!
Jude Deveraux's "The Velvet Series" and pretty much every Montgomery male after that has very handsome men. Miles being my favorite...his possesiveness was just so sexy!

I tend to like my heros scarred...the more scars the better....

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2008, 5:42:43 AM PDT
MelissaB says:
After the Night by Linda Howard - Hero was very good looking and sexy, women of all ages were drawn to him.

In reply to an earlier post on May 28, 2008, 10:05:28 PM PDT
Yuri says:
Try J.R. Ward - Black Dagger Brotherhood - Lover Eternal. The hero, Rhage, is the best discribed "beautiful" man I've ever read in a Romance novel.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2008, 12:41:38 AM PDT
Yooo-whoooo...Glitter Bug!
I Find your thought most INTERESTING...hmmmm...food for though...That your personal preference ,your fantasy man usually has a few scars...heyyyyy that fantasy man works well for (((me))) heyyy I can work with that yuppp..that kinda man is difinitely a totally turn on...mmmyes & sexy tooo...;O)

Tell us what are some of the SCAR but sexy HERO'S you incounter in your READS?!
One I can think of off bat is by: *Madeline Baker's* : SPIRIT'S SONG
The hero: Native American, Yellow Thunder
For me YELLOW THUNDER is sensual , has a hard rugged toughness with a soft tender hand, but he was an all around He-manly MAN.
That's an Attraction similar to eye Candy also it kinda gets you thinking..oooh..he's been BBaaadddd,that I cant ignore ((giggle)) makes it eazy to love him!
susieQ
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 6 days ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 990 13 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 7950 33 minutes ago
books similar to Zapata's Kulti/ The Wall of Winnipeg and me 270 40 minutes ago
Looking for books where the hero is ill 4 43 minutes ago
Looking for a book titlr 0 1 hour ago
don't shoot me!!! 2 3591 1 hour ago
What's the most forbidden romance you've ever read? 11 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6417 1 hour ago
clueless heroine who can't tell the hero is in love with her for the longest time 26 1 hour ago
MORE SLOW BURN, less graphic smex scnes (HELP) 104 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  20
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  May 15, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers