Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fans of k-dramas... please help

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Sep 18, 2017, 5:47:12 PM PDT
All episodes of Memory Lost have now been subbed.

Posted on Sep 18, 2017, 4:43:11 PM PDT
Lin Violet says:
When the Hong sisters create a Dud drama they do it big. The same goes when their drama is good, they go big. I love Master's Sun which is a horror, comedy and romance. My Girlfriend is a Gumiho is up there on my top best Hong sister's drama. My Girl, Greatest Love, Delightful Girl Choon Hyang ( I liked the chemistry between the leads),You're Beautiful were good and funny. Big and Jeju Island Gatsby just didn't cut it for me. Talented actors but the stories were no good hot messes in my opinion.

Posted on Sep 17, 2017, 3:38:03 PM PDT
Rhonda F. says:
Does anybody know what this means when i try access Uncontrollably Fond on Drama3s or Newasian:

"Unable to play this video at this time. The number of allowed playbacks has been exceeded. Please try again later."

Any help would be appreciated! Rhonda

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2017, 7:59:56 AM PDT
Rhonda F. says:
Taz- I SO agree with you on the Hong Sisters duds! I was so dissappointed in Warm& Cozy, I never finished it-BIG is not even worth mentioning. But, thanks for the heads up on the new Hwayugi- I will check it out, because they must be better with time, though I have my doubts about this one. Horror is not my thing. My all time faves are still You're Beautiful and Healer. I LOVE that scene early on, in Healer, where he goes to her cafe in disguise and she and her dad dance around to this awful and loud rock music- and how horrified and amazed he is, and the cafe assistant puts teacups over his ears! Makes me laugh every time!
I do love the Chinese Adam Yan, though, and I enjoyed the actor in the Taiwanese 'Womanizer', though the H was kind of flat.....

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2017, 7:55:15 AM PDT
Rhonda F. says:
Irene,

You are my HERO(ine)-Thank you, t hank you! I can now read you all!

Best to you, Rhonda

Posted on Sep 7, 2017, 11:35:45 AM PDT
Irene says:
Rhonda,
I just want to address the "page not available". Do you get the email updates when someone posts? When you get the email update, don't click on "see this post". Underneath "see this post" you should see "Tracked Discussion" and then "Fans of K drama... please help" - click on this link. Not sure what happened but i think Amazon did something to the discussion location and so the old link doesn't work.
Hope this helps

Posted on Sep 7, 2017, 11:12:34 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2017, 11:33:07 AM PDT
Rhonda

HEA - means the hero (H) and heroine (h) get a Happily Ever After ending (from all of those fairy tales that ended with the phrase "and they lived happily ever after")

I agree that the Hong Sisters have had several truly great dramas ("You're Beautiful", "My Girlfriend is a Gumiho", "Greatest Love" to name just a few). However, their last drama "Warm & Cozy" was a real dud (the actors had great chemistry but the Hong Sisters forgot to write a plot - a complete waste of the actors talents) as was their drama "Big" (this one aptly described by Dramabeans as "getting to the bottom of a tasty meal and finding a half-eaten worm").

The current plans are that the Hong Sisters new drama "Hwayugi" (a horror/fantasy/romance) will begin airing in December on TvN. It's listed as being a contemporary reworking of the Chinese novel "Journey to the West" with a fanciful romance twist.

The drama "That I Love You Is the Best Arrangement" is a future Chinese drama with Zhang Vin as the lead. This drama is not written by the Hong Sisters.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2017, 10:51:27 AM PDT
Rhonda F. says:
Taz- WHAT new sisters Hong drama? Don't forget they did "You;re/He's Beautiful" one of my all time faves. Which drama did you think was horrible? What,please,is an 'HEA', and is the drama you mentionsed actually titled "That I Love You is the Best Arrangement"??

Thank you for all your posts- I can rarely get on, because my computer usually says 'page not available..' much less actually apply- hope this goes through!
Rhyn

Posted on Sep 7, 2017, 10:06:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2017, 10:57:19 AM PDT
Looks like there is going to be a new Hong Sisters drama. I can remember a time when this was exciting news but given their last effort and how truly, boringly horrible it was it's kinda hard to work up any excitement. But I do hope that both Oh Yeon Seo and Lee Seung Gi accept the lead roles in this drama.

Cynthia Howell - You might give "Pretty Li Hui Zhen" a try. While Zhang Vin/Bin Bin doesn't get a HEA, you will really love his character in this drama. I also loved him in Love O2O and did consider him to have had a HEA in that drama (but I guess I just read between the lines and give him the ending that was given to him by Gu Man in her story about him and Hao Mei).

ETA: Does look like Zhang Vin is the lead in an upcoming drama ("That I Love You is the Best Arrangement") that might end in a HEA. He's also teaming up again with Dilmurat Dilraba in another drama (Liehuo Ruge) but I think he's the second male lead in this one. He and Delraba belong to the same company so will probably appear together in a lot of dramas.

ETA: I'm also finding that "I Have A Lover" isn't as interesting once the h regains her memories. The primary drama focus seems to shift to office and courtroom backstabbing antics and H/h relationship just seems to circle around needlessly.

Posted on Sep 7, 2017, 12:40:16 AM PDT
Thank you so much tax-mania. I really like Zhang Bin Bin. He was so cute in Love 020. I wish he could get a male lead role with a HEA.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 9:05:44 PM PDT
I've watched "I Have a Lover". I'm a big Ji Jin Hee Fan. I could only get passed the cheating aspect because I felt like the traumatic event that happened to the married couple was devastating enough that it really could tear your marriage to pieces like that. And I also appreciated that the drama really became about how much the H really, truly loved his wife. It's not a favorite, but I enjoyed it.

School 2017 stayed lovely through the end. Best hero ever. My only complaint is that I wish this hadn't been a high school drama because it really limited the skinship. Still these two kids managed to be pretty much perfect relationship goals. So dang cute. And everyone got what they deserved in this drama. It's not ground breaking, but it had that sweetness that sometimes just hits the right spot.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 9:02:03 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 7, 2017, 9:01:25 AM PDT
I've watched "Pretty Li Hui Zhen" which is a Chinese remake of the K-drama workplace rom/com "She Was Pretty." I enjoyed it and actually liked it better than the K-version. This drama does have a HEA for the H/h but similar to "She Was Pretty", it's really hard not to root for the second male lead. It also doesn't help that the lead actor is fairly new/green and comes across as pretty stiff/wooden. The Ghost King/demon playboy from Ten Miles of Peach Blossoms is the second male lead, while the h was the niece from that drama.

I haven't been watching the currently airing C-drama "The King's Woman" as similar to Irene I do not expect this drama to have a happy ending.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 7:08:59 PM PDT
Irene. Thanks. Yes, that's why I am intrigued, but I definitely want a HEA.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2017, 6:49:12 PM PDT
Irene says:
I haven't watched it but from what I've read, it sounds like it's a prequel to another story and that it's not a happily ever after type ending. Not sure if that is what you were looking for. I am intrigued by it for 2 of the main actors. The lead actress I believe was the woman who played the niece in 10 Miles of Peach Blossoms and the King is the man who played the demon playboy in 10 miles of Peach Blossoms and was also in Love O2O as KO. I like both of the but I'm not sure its a story I want to follow.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 6:36:56 PM PDT
Has anyone seen Pretty Li Hui Zhen or The King's Woman? If so, what did you think. TIA

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 1:09:16 PM PDT
Irene - Another coming of age/high school drama that I really liked was "Shut Up Flower Boy Band." While the romance wasn't the main focus of the drama, it was really sweet and it did end happily for the H/h. Flower Boy Band was also my favorite of the "Flower Boy" series.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 10:45:14 AM PDT
Irene says:
I may have to give " I have a Lover " a try. Cheating is one of those storylines that I almost cant get passed because I hate that betrayal but there has been instances where I can overcome it. There was a romance novel by Sherry Thomas where the hero betrayed the h before they married and there was a point where I felt bad for both of them.

I will look for the alternate site thanks for letting me know. There's some that I keep going back to and they keep switching names by adding a letter to the ending or they switch domains.

Posted on Sep 5, 2017, 9:38:14 AM PDT
Irene - Kiss Asian is still out there, they have just changed domain names. Try with dot ch instead of dot com. Drama Cool / Nice has also been doing this for years. Once ABS (a Philippine company) obtains rights to their domain name they just change to a new name.

I've been watching the 2015 melodrama "I Have A Lover" (currently on Episode 30 out of 50). I avoided watching this drama at the time it originally aired because of it's cheating H premise (drama starts off with H/h marriage disintegrating after losing their daughter and H cheating on h with younger woman). So far, the drama and the H/h relationship has been riveting. It's makjang done correctly, with murder, secret twins, switched identities, amnesia, etc. It's actually one of the few times where I've liked an amnesia storyline. H really seems obsessed with h and given his cheating, I'm happy that the h is making him really suffer.

Posted on Sep 4, 2017, 8:16:08 PM PDT
Irene says:
Started watching Ode to Joy Season 1 - really enjoyed the series. I had watched Season 2 first but started season 1 once I saw Dramafever had it.
School 2017 - have binged on the first 10 episodes and am loving it! The H is so adorable with his little jealousies. I especially liked it when he saw someone posted a note to the h and he took it down and was searching by handwriting comparisons with all the other boys in class. I am also fascinated by the school system/structure in this show. I know it isn't a representation of all schools in Korea but I'm wondering if its depiction is common occurrence.

I also gave up on Bride of the Water God - it was just really weak for me. The writing wasn't there and I wasn't a fan of the actress. The kisses were good though :)

On a different note, have you seen they've taken Kissasian down by ABC? They left a notice saying that if you want ABC content to please subscribe - please, ABC is the last thing I want to see :( I'm saddened because it was pretty reliable source with it's Asian drama content and was the only place I could find the Movie Version of Love O2O - not that it was great but it was fun. The one thing I did have a problem with was that the pop ads sometimes kept stalling the show I was watching or messing with my computer (especially the one with a fake warning that my computer has detected a virus). One time, an 1hr episode of School 2017 took 1.5 to 2 hrs. After that I went on to a nicer available site.
Now I only have youtube and 2 other sites for my dramas in addition to Dramafever and Viki although I'm not too happy with Viki since they've locked up School 2017 every episode starting from 1 to only paying members and you can't even watch with commercials. I pay for Dramafever so can someone tell me if Dramafever does the same thing -where they lock all episodes starting from 1 - or if they lock just the most recent ones and have a delay of about a week or 2 before releasing with commercials for non-paying customers.
Other than School 2017, I'm not watching much else.

Posted on Aug 29, 2017, 8:22:48 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2017, 8:23:54 PM PDT
D.M. - thanks for the heads up on BOTWG - I won't waste my time on watching the ending.

Rashell - I haven't yet watched this week's episodes of School 2017, but happy to hear that this show remains good. Perhaps this will be one of those rare dramas that manages to avoid a slump or bad episodes.

Posted on Aug 29, 2017, 8:04:22 PM PDT
Well, School 2017 is basically perfect so far for me. The H is probably the best drama H ever. Seriously. He's just the most adorable, protective, loving, loyal guy ever. And the h may actually deserve him. They just make me smile in every single scene they have. And the rest of the kids are all great side characters as well. You can't help but love them and root for them to succeed and find themselves. Even most of the teachers are good people trying to help the kids in life. As with every school drama they're are the villains in the school. But I almost feel like this drama is using them for comic relief and honestly, so far, the kids keep winning. I am worried about the direction this last episode took in the end. But considering how quickly this drama resolves issues, and that there are only 2 episodes left, I'm hopeful that whatever havoc comes that it won't last long. If you aren't watching this one, I can't recommend strongly enough that you do. It's fabulous.

Posted on Aug 29, 2017, 1:33:29 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 29, 2017, 1:35:15 PM PDT
Lovely D.M. says:
Reader123, about BOTWG you didn't miss much of anything (except the good kissing scenes, I never thought that NJH would be the lead in passionate and intense kissing scenes). Basically the story just meanders and makes no sense, and Habaek doesn't get his powers back. The ending for Habaek/Soah is bitter/sweet, and is not a "happily ever after". Only Moora and Biryum get the happily ever after (and I thought they were the two most annoying and undeserving characters). In conclusion, the only thing I liked in this mess of a drama is Habaek's style (NJH's best styling so far in a drama), and the kisses between Habaek and Soah (especially in ep 14), and you can watch those clips on youtube (so you don't need to watch the rest of the drama). I hope this helps, so you don't waste your time like I did :)

Posted on Aug 29, 2017, 9:51:52 AM PDT
"Father is Strange" ended on a great note with a sweet final episode that did an excellent job in wrapping up all of the drama's loose ends. Overall, despite not having a crack romance, the characters of this drama made it one of the better family dramas that I've watched in awhile (I also really enjoyed last year's family drama "Five Children" which did have a crack romance in secondary "golfer" couple). For me, the stars of Father is Strange were "Actor Ahn" (his romance with "Mi Young", the second Byun daughter, was very slow to start but did become more interesting during the later portion of the drama) and the older Byun daughter "Hye Young" who was one of the better k-drama h's that I have run across (she was strong, competent, smart and tough so it was too bad that I was never able to become invested in her romance as I thought her H at 39 years old lived way too much under his mother's thumb).

I gave up watching The Bride of the Water God at episode 8. If I can find the interest, I might watch the final minutes of the last episode just to see how they wrapped it up.

Posted on Aug 16, 2017, 12:19:40 PM PDT
I thought that the ending to The Eternal Love was setting the drama up for a season 2 in modern times. I guess the novel (Hilariously Pampered Consort: Lord I Will Wait For Your Divorce) that the drama was based on is still ongoing with over 4,800 chapters. I guess if they plan a season 2 they will have tons of material to draw from.

Posted on Aug 14, 2017, 6:54:40 PM PDT
The School 2017 H is just every single thing that I love in a H. Today's episode may have been a perfect episode of a drama for me. He was honest, bold, awkward, and finally confident in his feelings for the h. And he was also able to be extremely protective of her, while still respecting her right to fight her battles herself too. And who doesn't love a H that takes care of his girl first above venting his anger on the bully. He is so tender with her, but you can see how angry he is on her behalf. Her influence on him is that her sense of right and justice is bringing out those hidden qualities in himself. She makes him want to be better. And he makes her follow her dreams, and know that while she's fighting, she's got someone in her corner. They're just absolutely adorable. And I love them the mostest right now. They are more than enough to make me not care about all the horrible school admin and evil controlling mothers. They're my happy.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 232 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
36 22 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
282 13 days ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 8274 7 hours ago
ISO H secret agent type h dancer 4 7 hours ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 4337 7 hours ago
H marries h because to protect her inheritance or to protect her from vultures/ gold digger men OR just protect in general.. 6 7 hours ago
Alpha males in historical romances 25 7 hours ago
H or h with disabilities 20 7 hours ago
romantic relationships in tv shows and movies 9 7 hours ago
Heroine is homeless/cold/hungry/frightened/despe... 23 7 hours ago
H puts OW before h 874 7 hours ago
Need a good historical romance 4587 8 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  120
Total posts:  5792
Initial post:  Jan 14, 2012
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 37 customers