Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Free today

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 151-175 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012, 5:07:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012, 6:42:27 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Becky and Sam,

FWIW (For What It's Worth), I lurked for about 3 months before I posted the first time. It helped me get the lay of the land, and figure out what was going on.

Back on topic...

'In Too Deep' by Kathryn Shay is free. I haven't read this particular novella (though I got it), but I did read 'The Betrayal' and 'After the Fire' by the same author and enjoyed them.

I would have put in the link, but my insert button LOVES to act up.

edited for my normal typos...

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012, 5:15:09 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012, 5:16:51 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Ridley,

Is that a Romance book, it does not sound like it?

Are you the author or a friend?

Self-promotion is not allowed.

_
_
_

Just Joking,

Sorry, I just had to do that.

*S*

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 5:17:53 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Seriousl,

I got a down vote already. That was so fast, I finished reading the rest of the page and there it was.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012, 5:18:15 PM PST
flipoid says:
Sam, people are not allowed to promote their own books, or have friends promote them. It's against Amazon's posting guidelines for these forums:

"What shouldn't I post?
Repeated posts that promote an item in the Amazon.com catalog

That is called "spamming," and it was such a huge problem that Amazon created the "Meet Our Authors" forum for self-published authors to promote their books.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 1, 2012, 5:41:09 PM PST
Gunspurs says:
Oh get off your high horse. You obviously just don't get it. Several people have tried to explain it to you but I think you just want to be confrontational. You talk about rudeness? Your comment to Ridley was beyond rude.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 7:56:18 PM PST
misty87mt says:
I don't think I've seen this one listed. It's on my TBR list.
Life, Love, and a Polar Bear Tattoo

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 8:36:28 PM PST
DoraLady says:
Be careful of the Harlequin reads. I saw a couple of them and thye are not free. I know they were free before.

TryHarlequin still has them for free.

http://tryharlequin.com/index.php

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 9:25:35 PM PST
DoraLady says:
The Witness by Dee Henderson

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 9:40:04 PM PST
robkev says:
Thanks everyone for the free book.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 9:45:36 PM PST
BevHarro says:
Hi all
I have seen where ereaderiq.com has been recommended. I have signed up for a daily newsletter from them which lists all the free books put up on Amazon for that day. Also in genre order. Lots easier than trawling around Amazon looking for the freebies.

Posted on Jan 1, 2012, 9:50:40 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 1, 2012, 9:52:47 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 6:29:16 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 6:39:22 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012, 6:42:16 AM PST

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 6:40:25 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 6:42:08 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
athenadsb-

I'm not sure what's going on, but could you please step back and take a deep breath? It's one thing to confront true spamming, but lately you just seem to be confronting posters you just aren't familiar with as well.

Do a little research on the posters (just click on their name) or on the book recommended. Sometimes it's very easy to see the connection, other times, not so much. That's when it makes more sense to tread lightly.

You've posted a lot of really great recommendations and contribute a lot to the fora, but the inaccurate name calling and badgering is getting a bit frustrating to many others.

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 6:46:35 AM PST

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 6:47:55 AM PST
athenadeb~
Your multiple posts, on multiple threads, deriding spammers is just that, spam. I don't like self-promoters or sock-puppets, either, but let's hit a balance here. You've posted at least *two* posts back to back on multiple threads venting about spammers. For those of us tracking the threads, you're simply dumping your rants into our inboxes. Please chill.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 6:50:37 AM PST
well-said diremommy

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 6:54:01 AM PST
Coconut says:
I just downloaded these free books today. Since I haven't read them yet, I couldn't vouch for their quality. But hey, they are free.

Of Noble Birth
A Secure Heart
When the Heart FallsThe Vampire's Warden, a Paranormal Romance (Undead in Brown County #1)
Pleasure's Foehn (WindVerse, Book One)

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 6:54:01 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I can understand your frustration. I, too, used to get bombarded by the email notifications. I turned off all of the trackers and just surf through the fora now. Amazon keeps track of where I left off each thread, and my email box went back to normal.

Free today I got -

Silver Storm (The Raveneau Novels #1)Cynthia Wright
What She Doesn't Know (Romantic Suspense) Tina Wainscott/Jaime Rush

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 7:08:59 AM PST
JudyB says:
YepIt'sBecky - Thanks for saying exactly how I feel about this whole silly situation. Couldn't have worded it better myself. The majority of readers probably do not do reviews but want to see recommendations in their preferred genre from other readers. I have noticed some common names on several threads that seem to do nothing but police the posts made by others.....

Posted on Jan 2, 2012, 7:24:33 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012, 7:25:54 AM PST
Purse Monkey says:
I just want l drop by and thank everybody for pointing out the free reads. I'm an impulsive one-click buyer so it's especially gratifying to know what I'm clicking won't cost me anything.

Athenadsb--I understand your frustration but I think what people (well, at least me) are frustrated about is not only are you quick to point fingers at who you perceive as spammers but you will not apologize to them if you're clearly wrong. I can think of a few occasions where this happened. For example I think you owe H. Nguyen an apology for attacking her when she recced Trace Psychic. I have no idea why you would think she's a spammer because even if you haven't read the book, the description clearly indicates it's a romance and it happened to be free. I remember when I first started posting here I commented and recced Eyes of Silver, Eyes of Gold (and now comes the downvote bc that book still is a touchy subject for people) and was immediately attacked as a sockpuppet. I had no idea what a sockpuppet was or that the book itself was such a hot button. The thread called for rec for a western romance and EOSEOG fitted. It didn't deter me from posting again but it such made me wary of what I rec and especially wary of certain posters here, although now I can't remember who attacked me so all is well. So anyways, I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you're wrong, and people here will tell you, on who the spammers are, it'll be nice if you acknowledge it with an apology. This is not the Salem Witch Trial.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 7:45:12 AM PST
DoraLady says:
Well said Purse Monkey

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 8:06:26 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 2, 2012, 8:06:46 AM PST
MDy says:
Nicely done Purse Monkey. It's always a bit tricky to begin to participate in one of these discussions...especially after reading some of the 'critiques' written about someone's opinion.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 2, 2012, 8:09:49 AM PST
P Gallegos says:
*GASP* what gave me away? My review for a curling iron? The FanBoys Blu Ray I reviewed?
Sorry everyone for my pointless email but homegirl is tripping and it annoyed me.
I'm done tracking this discussion, that ereaderiq.com website sounds pretty awesome. And HJ Leonard and Purse Monkey good posts!
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 Jul 19, 2017
Which Betty Neels' book is this? 0 5 minutes ago
Look for books with kick ass and strong heroines ( see inside for info) 1 7 minutes ago
Cheating hero, because he is obligated. 8 25 minutes ago
Need a good historical romance 4343 39 minutes ago
H that have cheated on h and had a baby w/ow and h finds out can be histo0rical, contemporary od medievalmporary 188 46 minutes ago
Serial Killer Romance 1 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 7925 1 hour ago
Evil In-laws 141 1 hour ago
Contemporary Romace where the heroine is left at the altar? Suggestions? 12 1 hour ago
Help with series please 3 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  734
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2011
Latest post:  Oct 24, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 263 customers