Workplace Solutions Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hggv216 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services pet pet pet  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Trade in and get paid instantly Shop Outdoor Gift Ideas on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Christmas/holiday themed reads

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 48 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 6, 2012 4:46:12 AM PST
Bookseeker says:
Thank you girls! Actually forgot to write back yesterday to tell you not to bother... I was able to download the book and send it to my kindle...:-)
But you are right I should be careful dowloading from websites.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 2:35:05 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2012 2:35:21 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Bookseeker, you don't have to 'download' books from scribd. If you find one there that you desire to read, you can just read it on your pc screen without downloading it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 1:54:07 PM PST
Agnes says:
Sorry, Bookseeker,

I've never downloaded from Scribd before. I'm more than a little leery of downloading things from websites, so I just read the books I find on the website itself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2012 5:26:54 AM PST
Bookseeker says:
Hi Agnes! I know you posted this a while ago but you mentioned you could get a bunch of books on Scribd, did you downloaded One Unashamed Nightcould you please send it yo me? adrianavasfer@gmail.com

Thanks so much

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012 7:45:27 AM PST
KC says:
Cathyr, I just finished Burrowes' Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight and thoroughly enjoyed it as well. I'm enjoying all the books in her Wyndham series.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 7:29:26 PM PST
cathyr says:
Lady Sophie's Christmas Wish by Grace Burrowes - what a sweet book! Just finished it, and as a Mum, it "spoke" to me. It's the third/fourth book in the "series" but can comfortably be read as a stand alone (I haven't read the others)

It's basically in two parts - in London where Vim and Sophie play house with baby Kit, and in Kent where they deal with the Real World. The first part - where Burrowes writes of the joys, and the difficulties, of caring for a baby/foundling (6 months old), the bonding with a partner over broken sleep and nappies, and gives us mature, adult, respectful, caring smex - made up for the rushed, jumpy, predictable second part.

Thanks for the rec, Lord Rose!

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:20:51 AM PST
Ariana says:
Lynne Graham - The Winter Bride, almost as good as her Spanish Groom.

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 9:18:11 AM PST
J. Weaver says:
I just finished Jennifer Crusie's The Cinderella Deal. While it's not Christmas themed, some of the significant action in the story occurs during Christmas, and it's much more than some of the cursory mentions of Christmas that are in some "themed" books. It was a good read (I've found that most of Crusie's books are).

Posted on Nov 21, 2012 8:31:07 AM PST
Agnes says:
I finished One Unashamed Night, and I'm moving on once again.

Happy early Thanksgiving, ladies! (I'm aware it's tomorrow, but I will be busy tomorrow)

Posted on Nov 16, 2012 7:38:21 PM PST
tealadytoo says:
The Secret Christmas Ciphers - picked this up from the freebie list today. Don't know if it will be good or not, but it looked cute.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 4:01:44 PM PST
Agnes says:
It took me a while to get into and I wasn't as attached to the characters as I like, but, overall, I enjoyed the read.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 16, 2012 12:37:52 PM PST
Agnes...what did you think about Virgin River Christmas? Hope you liked it!

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 5:53:27 PM PST
Agnes says:
Okay, so I finished A Virgin River Christmas. Now, I'm moving on to another Christmas read.

Thanks, ladies!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 9:26:11 PM PST
beachbaby says:
Self promotion is only allowed in the Meet Our Authors (MOA) forum.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 13, 2012 8:48:24 PM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 11:27:37 AM PST
One of my favorite is Mail-Order Christmas Brides: Her Christmas Family\Christmas Stars for Dry Creek (Love Inspired Historical). I loved Janet Tronstad's novella.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 10:04:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 12, 2012 1:26:38 PM PST
C. Hall says:
My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River)

Merry's Christmas: a love story

A Christmas to Die For (The Three Sisters Inn, Book 2) (Steeple Hill Love Inspired Suspense #75)

Grace: A Christmas Sisters of the Heart Novel

Once Upon A Christmas

Marian's Christmas Wish

Remembering Christmas: A Novel

Christmas in Sugarcreek: A Seasons of Sugarcreek Christmas Novel

A Christmas Secret: A Novel (The Christmas Stories)

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 3:56:04 PM PST
McKaren says:
Here is a kindle version of The Best Christmas Pageant Ever (Best...)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 2:39:25 PM PST
Arual says:
Honestly, it's one of those books that are good for any age. It's just hilarious.

Posted on Nov 11, 2012 12:54:22 PM PST
loved 'one unashamed night'

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:21:44 AM PST
Agnes says:
Thanks, Arual.

I actually don't have a problem with reading kid's books.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2012 10:20:36 AM PST
Agnes says:
I haven't read The Mischief of the Mistletoe yet, but I did read The Deception of the Emerald Ring (Pink Carnation), which I really enjoyed.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 11:14:13 PM PST
MegMeg says:
Jane Goodger has some good ones.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 9:57:45 PM PST
HelenaP says:
The Mischief of the Mistletoe: A Pink Carnation Christmas - loved it! :) Who could resist a hero named Turnip, heh.

Posted on Nov 10, 2012 8:54:25 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 10, 2012 8:56:49 PM PST
Arual says:
The Best Christmas Pageant Ever. This one isn't a romance, but is too good and too funny not to mention. It might be written for a younger audience, but a reader of any age would appreciate it. It's a classic.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  26
Total posts:  48
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers