Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Weekend Reading 14-16 December

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 35 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012 10:32:52 AM PST
ICA says:
Thanks, tealadytoo. I will move Save Me, Santa to the top of my list.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 8:12:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 8:14:23 PM PST
tealadytoo says:
I liked "Save Me, Santa". It's an anthology, so quality varies, but I really liked the Nina Bruhns and Patricia Mason stories, and enjoyed the Rita Herron and Lois Lavrisa stories, though not quite as much. Only one I really disliked was the Ann Charles one.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 4:43:50 PM PST
yep - it is still pretty dumb that i can't post a book link because the title has a naughty word in it...lol!

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 4:22:58 PM PST
MelissaB says:
This weekend I read Naked and am reading All In - I enjoyed both stories though they are a little pricey for the length.

I also started Lady Louisa's Christmas Knight (Windham Sisters)

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 4:17:48 PM PST
Evidently I'm not done with xmas stories yet! I just re-read a really cute xmas quickie, called Christmas Spirit. It's about a quirky sandwich girl who delivers her tasty treats to businesses in Boston, and a grumpy executive who hates Christmas. It's sweet, sexy and has a cute HEA.

I also just downloaded Married By Mistake, a freebie that looks fun.

Deanna--You got the naughty link to work with the stars! Woo hoo! ;^)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 12:25:34 PM PST
I think Rachel might be in the second book...

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 11:17:42 AM PST
neon moon says:
finished In a Fix by linda grimes. i can't wait for the next one to come out. hopefully there is a next one. finished "sapphire rose" by david eddings. i think this is only the 2nd time i've read this particular series by him, and i enjoyed it. i'm reading Vicious Circle by linda robertson right now, and i'm enjoying it, as well. it will probably end up being a 3-4* read for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 11:11:43 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 11:12:56 AM PST
neon moon says:
i'm assuming that mc = main characters. i found that i was more interested in the absent rachel than the main storyline. i think that there is promise for the series with regards to me actually reading it, because i am definitely interested in the lives of the other characters. my only thought is that it is a little weird to have so many unattached 30-something people in a small community like that. i've lived in small communities; there is very rarely someone unattached over the age of 22, not even the second time around.

edited to change "vacant" to "absent". i don't know what on earth i was thinking.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:54:15 AM PST
Samantha says:
The title alone makes me laugh.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 10:15:56 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 10:16:52 AM PST
Mind ****

Snowballin': I F***** Frosty

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:34:03 AM PST
i'll be interested to hear your thoughts - the book in general blew me away - i have the second one on the pile, but haven't listened yet

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 9:30:29 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 16, 2012 9:33:23 AM PST
looks like the bot is back at it - they had it fixed briefly for another book that I complained to them about - but now its not working again

ETA I just tweeting them and mentioned you penny

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 16, 2012 7:30:25 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
No, I actually started reading it. I'm past page 50. Can't read it at night due to poor lighting, and have to switch over to a kindle book for evening reading.

So far, so good. I think we've just been introduced to the conflict, but don't know exactly what that is, yet.

Posted on Dec 16, 2012 7:26:50 AM PST
I just wrote a whole post which Amazon deleted...because of the book title! Let me try again...

As a joke, I read a book titled Snowballin': I F***ed Frosty. (Let's see if this passes inspection). Anyhow, it was a super short, error-riddled quickie that made me laugh out loud. (I can't add the link because it doesn't pass Amazon's own guidelines. O-kay.)

I also read an awesome berserker trilogy by Kerrigan Byrne. My favorite one was Unspoken (Highland Historical #1). These are novella-length, well-written and sexy stories. I really liked them.

Off to xmas shop!

NRB/Penny

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:56:28 PM PST
ej1201 says:
HJ - I'd like to know what you think. I've been thinking about getting it myself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 7:42:47 PM PST
have you started it, or just talking about starting it - lol!

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 12:13:41 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I am FINALLY started on Daughter of Smoke and Bone. How many weeks does that make that I've stated here that I was going to read it? ;)

Then, I'm giving serious thought to hitting the first In Death book up again.

Posted on Dec 15, 2012 11:52:32 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 15, 2012 11:53:37 AM PST
Lily Rose 81 says:
Tomorrow my day will be dedicated to Fallen too Far by Abbi Glines. I'm really obsessing over this book. Then , maybe,This Man (This Man Trilogy) by Jodi Ellen Malpas.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2012 8:19:27 AM PST
Samantha says:
interesting. So I should definitely listen to it...might help it flow better. I'll have to put it on my audio wish list :) Thanks, Deanna.

I finished Wicked Games and it was very cute. I love the theme of the book. I finished The Wish as well. I liked it but it was a little hokey. I didn't understand the background for the wish. I wanted to know how did Augusta came about her powers. It could be a part of series and that's why I felt like something was missing. Anyway, it was a nice way to start my Saturday morning.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 7:50:55 PM PST
E. Benoit says:
re-reading some Nora Roberts this week. I'm not buying anything new until Dec 31 when i'm getting ready for my 17 hour flight from Boston to Mumbai. But I'm definitely storing up a list of all these great recs. everyone is putting up.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 6:22:38 PM PST
i'm liking hostage - its interesting - what I really like is how he a jewish writing has been able to portray feelings/sentiments of palestinians without it being either too emotional, too clinical, or too underplayed - which I can't imagine was easy...there aren't any chapters - it is more told in vingettes of his life - the narrator is really good

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 5:30:21 PM PST
Samantha says:
I love the Gemini Men series.

@ Deanna, I like Elie Wiesel's style. Let me know what you think. I might add that to my list for next year :)

I'm working on some of my short Christmas stories. So far I'm reading The Wish: A Bonus Holiday Short Story and for something longerMust Love Mistletoe. But tonight I got to finish Wicked Games for a group read on GR.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 3:42:10 PM PST
ej1201 says:
I'm finishing up Caught (Gemini Men) tonight and then starting Kept (The Gemini Men)!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012 3:29:51 PM PST
i liked One Reckless Summer - but the mc did drive me a bit nuts - I was intrigued enough to get the second one in the series to read though

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 2:44:56 PM PST
atiptoes says:
Starting The Edge of Never tonight.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
28 8 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 Jul 18, 2016
2016 Favorite Book of the Month and Year Challenge 319 9 minutes ago
Second Chance Romance 5383 12 minutes ago
Worst Betrayal Ever!!! 2 833 15 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 2990 15 minutes ago
help me find this title 14 24 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #5 5978 24 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 2217 39 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 5340 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 3699 1 hour ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 868 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  17
Total posts:  35
Initial post:  Dec 13, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 17, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions