Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Dolly Parton Fire TV Stick Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Kindle Romance free or cheap??

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 20, 2012 11:24:24 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 20, 2012 11:43:18 PM PST
Diana D says:
Hello, my grandma just got a Kindle and we are trying to find books that she may like.

Some of her favorite authors are Robyn Carr, Nora Roberts and Debbie Macomber. She enjoys well-developed characters and settings.

We spent a lot on the Kindle and my grandma is a voracious reader, so we are hoping to find very cheap books (or possibly library e-books or rentals elsewhere, if that is possible).

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Posted on Dec 20, 2012 11:52:28 PM PST
Banana Boat says:
Hi Diana D,
You may want to google Pixel of Ink. Its a website that you subscribe to (for free) and they will send you email lists of free kindle books. I've used it for quite a while and think its great.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 12:03:25 AM PST
Definitely check out what your library has to offer. I've gotten some good books on Kindle from mine.

I also use ereaderiq.com.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 4:40:20 AM PST
Kim C says:
I would definitely have her check out lendle.me (that is the URL spelled correctly). She can borrow anything from cookbooks to hot lusty romances (all grandma's need those!!!) for free.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 21, 2012 11:29:11 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 21, 2012 11:30:07 AM PST
Marissa G says:
Diana, check out Kathleen Brooks' two Bluegrass series. Bluegrass State of Mind (Bluegrass Series 1) They sound right up your grandma's alley.

Like Anna, I also recommend http://ereaderiq.com/free , and do check out what her library system has to offer.

Posted on Dec 21, 2012 10:08:13 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Have her sign up for a newsletter at ereadernewstoday.com which lists free or bargain kindle books. The list will always have a romance or two.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 10:23:21 AM PST
Diana,

I'm enjoying Elisabeth Barrett's series about the Grayson brothers. There are two out so far, with the third to arrive in the spring. They're priced at a budget-friendly 2.99 each:
* Deep Autumn Heat
* Blaze of Winter
* Long Simmering Spring

Marie Force's series The McCarthy's of Gansett Island is good, and the first one is free right now:
* Maid for Love
The rest of the books in the series are 3.99 or 4.99 each (there are several books in the series)

Other authors the would likely enjoy in a similar tradition to Carr, Roberts and Macomber are Sherryl Woods, LaVyrle Spencer, Kasey Michaels (Sunshine Girls series) and perhaps JoAnn Ross' Irish Castlelough series.

A blog that I keep up with is Books on the Knob. You'll find daily postings on there about books that are free or at great values for Kindle and Nook.

Lastly, yes, check out your library. Mine has a wonderful ebook selection and I can check out an ebook for 3 weeks at a time. It's definitely worth exploring that option for your grandmother. She'll need to have a library card and an Amazon account to download from the library (or you'll need to have them if you're going to manage this service for her). Once you have both of those, just to to your library's website and look for a link that says something like "ebooks" or "digital downloads." When you reach the ebook section, you can search around to find books to download. After you check out the books, you'll be directed to Amazon to download them to your device. It's actually a really easy process after you've walked through it a time or two.

Happy hunting.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
28 2 hours ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
160 Jul 18, 2016
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 1119 2 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 2714 23 minutes ago
Romance Heroine Just Out of Prison 17 54 minutes ago
Deaf hero or heroine 7 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 4451 1 hour ago
Looking for a book-child caught in blind cord 3 1 hour ago
Free Today Third Edition 3634 1 hour ago
Hilarious Mistakes in Publishsed books (self pubbed or otherwise) thread 2 209 1 hour ago
cassie sinclair's mate, from lora leigh's breed series 230 1 hour ago
Series of romance books with heroes knowing each other 8 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Dec 20, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions