Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Samsung S8 Launch Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Shop Popular Services animespring animespring animespring  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Shop Now disgotg_gno_17
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Lonely hero/hero who's never known love falls madly in love with heroine (contemporary)

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 26-50 of 73 posts in this discussion
Posted on Nov 26, 2012, 11:51:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 3, 2013, 7:40:15 AM PST
Bling says:
Camille, definitely! If it's only sex, sex, sex, then I start thinking there's only lust between the H and h, no real liking or love.

Aussie Girl, Oh! Thank you! I'm really interested by the plot so I guess I do want to read it then.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 10:19:01 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012, 10:30:32 AM PST
Camille says:
Wow, "Back to You" seems to be getting overall good feedback. But with "Beast", do the the writing errors ruin it for you guys? I have to admit that like most people I get annoyed with grammatical errors, etc., but if the story is really good, I can overlook it.

Blitzkrieg- Yes, definitely! When the sex scenes are really well written and strategically placed in certain parts of the story, I really get into them, but when they are just repetitive and overcompensate for the lack of a good plot I find myself rushing through them to get to the story. It's really rare to find a good, emotional story with excellently written sex scenes :/.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012, 3:27:14 PM PST
Jill says:
Is it really Yahoo.co.in? Or. Com?

Is breaking the silence really good?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012, 3:32:01 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Breaking the Silence is very sweet.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 3:39:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 27, 2012, 3:45:42 PM PST
Jill says:
Thanks HJ. I'm gonna buy it!

ETA- Which "Breaking the silence" fits this thread? I see a couple on Am.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 3:55:45 PM PST
vanila_o says:
Breaking the Silence - I believe it's this one. The hero definitely fits this thread (a loner, scarred past; watching the heroine out of his window for a long time and falling for her hard. Never had relationships before).

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 3:57:47 PM PST
Jill says:
Thanks Vanila_o!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012, 3:58:01 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
@ Jill and Vanil_o -

Yes, that's the one. Hope you like it. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 27, 2012, 4:07:47 PM PST
Jill says:
Camille- I know some people are saying the writing in "Beast" is bad as far as errors. Like I said before, its not perfect. If you like this theme. Lonely,disfigured but sweet Hero with a very happy ending for him? Then this book is right up your alley. It was a very sweet romance and I got to say he is one of my favorite Hero's now.

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 6:21:53 PM PST
Russo says:
I've had Breaking the Silence on my TBR pile forever, I have to move it up the list

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 7:49:50 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Apr 18, 2013, 12:01:07 AM PDT
Bling says:
As long as Breaking the Silence is being discussed, I ADORE that book.
Camille, this is one book which manages to be a great emotional read with hot, excellent sex scenes (in fact it's considered 'erotica' but the emotional punch it packs is wow). Will, the H is oh my God - so, so adorable. I have a thing for lonely, abused heroes so he's right up my alley!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 12:39:24 AM PST
Neeta says:
Oh yes, Katie Allen's Breaking the Silence is a true must-read. It's one of my all time favourite books.

As to the errors in Pepper Pace's Beast - there were a few but the story is just so adorable, it doesn't take away from it at all. Please give it a go. Especially if you like Breaking the Silence - I've said a few times the feel of the two is very similar even though Beast is an IR couple and they take much longer to get to the sex scenes than in Breaking the Silence. But then I think Beast was quite a bit longer so taking the time to do a relationship build-up makes sense.

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 4:43:20 AM PST
Jill says:
So I finished "Breaking the silence" last night. I enjoyed it, but its not a fav for me.

-----------/spoilers------

He definitely was not shy in the bedroom. For being a V, he sure knew what to do. I didn't feel he was that shy with her, except the first meeting. Overall I still enjoyed it. Beast is better IMO. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 28, 2012, 4:49:04 AM PST
Jill says:
Sent you Beast!

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 5:37:14 AM PST
sinnamon says:
@Blitzkrieg

Thank you so much for recommending Woman on the Run.
I've just finished it and I think it was brilliant read.
Cooper & Julia's first lovemaking was one of the most sensual & hot scene I've ever read.
Thanks again.

Both Deep Desires (Mischief Books) and Control have lonely H who madly falls for heroine. Control has ménage elements but SPOILER in the end heroine chooses hero. Hero is super sweet but he's definitely NOT macho/alpha male. END OF SPOILER

Posted on Nov 28, 2012, 9:25:29 PM PST
Bling says:
Jill, aww! Well, at least you liked it! I accepted Beast, thank you so, so much! Am off to read it now!

sinnamon, I'm so glad you liked it! Yup, definitely agreed, it's simple but so HOT!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 12:30:40 AM PST
Drr.Drew says:
Hey this book Back to you - sounds really good can you give me spoilers please? I read somewhere he has a kid, he moves on? with who? an obstacle?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 4:35:02 AM PST
Jill says:
Back to you.

**********spoilers**************

They seperate before he leaves for college. They are not even really a couple. They don't see each other till eight years later. When they meet up, he already had the daughter. He is a single parent. So no OW is an issue.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 6:06:40 AM PST
Jean says:
Just to further spoil Back to You regarding his daughter: He got his girlfriend pregnant, she decided she didn't want a kid, he talked her out of having an abortion, she had the baby, signed off on her parental rights, handed the baby over and then went back to her ex-boyfriend. So the daughter's mother isn't in the book at all.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 8:04:42 AM PST
Neeta says:
more on Back to You

Spoilers!!!!!!

They were best friends... in love with each other but not telling the other for various reasons.
Before he left they had their night together and he relieved her her of her virginity. Supposedly they were going to stay in touch after he left, after all they were best friends, actually she was his only friend. But after the sex happened he basically abandoned her... absolutely no communication whatsoever - doing it for the whole "she's way too good for me"/"her being with me will hurt her in the longrun" absolute tripe of a reason. This of course hurt her way more than them being together ever could. I think he should've done way more of a grovel over this than he did.... he kept thinking he was a right pillock for doing it to her (so we readers know) but he never really articulated that regret TO HER to my liking.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 29, 2012, 9:15:09 AM PST
ambrosia says:
Neeta: PLEASE tell me that she's not celibate for the 8 years they're apart and he's having a child with OW! That would kill it for me.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 9:32:00 AM PST
Neeta says:
More spoilers!!!!

No - she has had sex and relationships but they all fizzle... it's like she can't trust that a man will stay with her so she does the dumping first - before she can too attached.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 9:50:17 AM PST
Camille says:
Back to You sounded so promising until this point! :/

I mean I've read decent books where the H has a kid/relationship with OW, but this type of story is not my personal preference, even if OW isn't exactly in the book.

Thanks for the tip!

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 10:45:03 AM PST
wondercat says:
I loved Back To You. I'm not always a fan of H's with kids but his daughter's adorable and I think she helped show how kind a person he really was. I'd also have liked a longer grovel, but she does get the chance to wail on him verbally towards the end.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 12:07:28 AM PST
Bling says:
I read Beast! Loved it! :) (Although I liked Breaking the Silence slightly better) Christopher was so cute <3 Thank you so much for lending it to me, I've deleted it from my library so hopefully you've got it back.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
33 17 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
192 Mar 24, 2017
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 5901 11 minutes ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #6 1258 20 minutes ago
Biker Romance Part 2 8997 26 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 3125 35 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 6464 45 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 6560 49 minutes ago
MORE SLOW BURN, less graphic smex scnes (HELP) 45 1 hour ago
Hero hates heroine. 49 1 hour ago
Need a good historical romance 3520 1 hour ago
Second Chance Romance 6067 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  36
Total posts:  73
Initial post:  Nov 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 9 customers