Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 51-75 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Dec 13, 2012, 8:19:02 AM PST
C. Stone says:
one clicked Ja'Rael's Lioness though the cover is the pits.LOL

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012, 9:00:25 AM PST
Thank you A. Craig and MsMari. I read When Night Falls and it was good, I second the rec. Unfortunately, When Dawn Breaks is currently unavailable but I'll keep it in my wish list. I have The Lion's Woman there too. When I get my TBR pile down a little, I'll give them a try.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 13, 2012, 9:01:32 AM PST
I totally agree, it's so unlike the actual story. I wouldn't have given it a second look if it wasn't for the recs on this thread, but I'm glad I did.

Posted on Dec 13, 2012, 5:49:42 PM PST
Hi, guys I just finished reading Moonlight on Water (Alien Affairs Bk 2), based on an earlier rec on this thread. Thanks so much, it was really, really good. It is very hard to find this type of story - is it worthwhile reading the rest of the Alien Affairs series?

Posted on Dec 13, 2012, 6:32:25 PM PST
P Gallegos says:
I just finished Accidental Abduction a couple of days ago, and the hero is a purple alien with pointy teeth and ummmm his balls are on the inside of his body? HA ok sorry I skimmed the story, so I don't remember exactly what he looked like, it's more smutty than romancey (ok not a word, but eh), it wasn't a bad book. It made me giggle a couple of times. I just think he may look more human than alien (minus the purple skin), so maybe if someone else read it, they can be more specific. There is a sequel that I may read down the road.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 10:42:17 AM PST
C. Stone says:
read the blurb on Accidental Abduction and it made me laugh. Thats a romance that I would enjoy but I'm scared it wouldnt live up to the hype

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 11:48:25 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012, 11:54:05 AM PST
Hey Relentless, I rec it, Moonlight on Water is one of my all time favs. The other books in the series are not bad, one has a menage (not my favorite) but they don't come anywhere near to the goodness of Moonlight on Water. Try The Claiming of Moira Shine if you have never read it, it is an excellent book.
The Claiming of Moira Shine
Although the hero is more humanoid.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 11:58:07 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012, 11:59:27 AM PST
I have another rec...It isn't an Alien and this book was written in the 80s the steam factor is minimal. Our hero is a robot. I enjoyed this book, it is a bit of a strange read this book has stuck with me though:
The Silver Metal Lover

ETA: It does not have a traditional happy ending..more like a self discovery...just to give a warning

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 4:39:05 PM PST
I just finished reading Moonlight on Water and I wasn't as impressed. They spent so much time in the bedroom that I wound up bored with it all and started skimming over those parts which grew repetitive to get back to the story. Also, the double-crossing that kept happening felt like it was giving me whiplash. I didn't really like the h and that's usually a deal breaker with me. She came off as angry rather than strong and she spent a good part of the beginning of the book reminding us how ugly the H was and how repulsed she should be but was strangely attracted. I could understand pointing that out once or twice but over and over again got annoying. I did like the H though and the world building was interesting and relatively thorough which is why I bothered to finish it. But for me it was a challenge.

I did like:
Conquest Earth by Kaitlyn O'Connor
The H is golden skinned and winged

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 5:13:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012, 5:14:51 PM PST
I'm sorry you didn't like it Susan, I felt the complete opposite to you. I absolutely loved "Moonlight on Water". Guess we have differing taste in books, I don't care for Kaitlyn O'Connor's books.....It's good that we are all different we get differing opinions and something for everyone :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 7:23:04 PM PST
Moonlight on Water had it's good points, I just didn't get into it. It's funny though how that works, sometimes my opinion changes over time or depending on the mood I'm in too. I might have just found the h particularly grating at this moment in time. I have to agree with you though that it's good we all have differing opinions, otherwise we wouldn't have near as many books to choose from. I'm grateful to everyone for the recs they've posted, even if I don't absolutely love a story. I know that others tracking this or coming across this thread might see the recommendation and love Moonlight on Water as much as you do. I'm actually just discovering Kaitlyn O'Connor, so far I've only read a few of her books that fit the theme of this thread, I liked some of them, not so much others. But it's fun to discover them with everyone's help. :)

I just wanted to add that I'm about half-way through Accidental Abduction and so far it's pretty funny. I like the h and the H. I even had some LOL moments. I can't say how I'll feel when it ends but so far so good.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 7:45:43 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012, 7:46:29 PM PST
Hi Bart, I have read the Claiming of Moira Shine - totally agree on its excellence, it is one of my faves too. We must have the same taste in books :) Now I am trying to think of other recs to add to the thread but I read sooooo much that it all blurs after awhile. See a few recs here for Kaitlyn O'Connor of which I've read lots - her books can be hit or miss - some can be very good, others can be real drivel. One of my all time favourite Sci-Fi romances is Hold by Zannie Adams but there are no aliens in it just earthlings....

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 8:17:15 PM PST
I think I would like it too except for the warnings. It mentions m/m and that's just not my thing. I'm not into bi Hs. (Or hs for that matter) However if the warning refers to supporting characters it wouldn't bother me as long as the focus isn't on that. So, without major spoilers would you still recommend that I give it a try?
Hold sounds interesting. Its going into my wish list.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 8:23:55 PM PST
I enjoyed "Hold" as well. I wanted to second Cyberclips rec of Shadow Fires (Shielder Series, Book 5) I read it years ago and periodically re-read it.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 8:30:02 PM PST
Sal says:
Which one has m/m?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 14, 2012, 8:31:42 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012, 8:35:08 PM PST
The aliens in The Claiming of Moira Shine are pretty much omnivorous when it comes to luvin but there is a genuine romance between the H and Moira. Its a slave/capture SF/fantasy type of book, very good and so well written but it does have smex in it and dubious consent. The same goes for Hold. Could someone else add their views or spoilers of these two bks because I enjoyed them so much I am sure I am biased. Cheers everyone, I am off to work now (sigh!)

ps. Moira Shine would be the one with m/m in it but its really not a major element. Hold is set in a prison with an H & h getting it together

Posted on Dec 14, 2012, 9:05:05 PM PST
Thank you for that info relentless. I suppose what I'm trying to find out is if I'll need to suffer through the H getting busy with another man. I don't have a problem with who a person wants to love but I can't personally get into an H that is just as attracted to men as women. That's a personal thing though. In that respect I'm picky about Hs.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 12:56:49 PM PST
C. Stone says:
Did anyone else think Ja'Rael's Lioness ended rather abruptly? right when she's forming a relationship with the people of his word, right when they are going to be mobbed or celebrated with the upcoming birth and then its ends with the delivery and just the two of them cooing over the baby. The epilogue then flashes to other aliens kidnapping "lioness" of their own.

I felt like the author was really working up to something and it fizzled. Up til then I was enjoying. Plus I think I read the paperback years ago and had the same reaction.LOL

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 1:24:02 PM PST
A customer says:
Just remembered Louise Wise's Eden. The H is humanoid, but looks really different. Enjoyed this book.

Posted on Dec 17, 2012, 4:47:14 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 17, 2012, 5:29:27 PM PST
CyMac says:
As few days/weeks Endless Blue was mentioned, and truly, at the time it was not in the Kindle store. Don't know why, but now you can buy it for your Kindle instead of having to go to Baen. Yay!

ETA Also, if you're reading Wen Spencer, she has a free short story on Baen.com in the Tinker series. It's in a scifi anthology: http://www.baenebooks.com/p-1598-free-short-stories-2012.aspx. (Sorry for all the info, but I love scifi!)

And I just finished a book called Blowback and really enjoyed it. In this one, the h is the alien, and humanoid in appearance. So not quite what the OP asked for - but I really liked the book and thought if anyone is looking for a scifi romance, they might like it too. :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 6:53:28 PM PST
I noticed the same thing. I was a little disappointed with that, although I liked the epilogue.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 6:54:10 PM PST
Eden was mentioned early on and I picked it up and read it. I second the rec. I enjoyed it too.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 6:58:37 PM PST
Thanks for the recs. I read Endless Blue, though I got it in hard copy and I loved it. Very well crafted world. I'll have to check out her short story, and I'll look into Blowback.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2012, 7:33:41 PM PST
Bruno Buster says:
Thanks, I was trying to think of the title of that book the whole time I was reading thread. Loved Freedoms Landing when I read it years ago, it's a great one!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012, 12:49:28 PM PST
I am reading Ja-rael's Lioness and loving it - especially the way he loves her and is sooo gentle and sweet. Any other recds with hero like this?
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 7 days ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 7962 9 minutes ago
Second Chance Romance 6431 16 minutes ago
Romance with aliens that actually look like aliens 2780 19 minutes ago
M/M Loan Thread 2191 20 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 7700 1 hour ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 1013 2 hours ago
Which books stuck with you? 53 2 hours ago
Can anyone recommend books where alpha male takes a virgin 115 3 hours ago
Looking for books like Virtue & Vanity 2 5 hours ago
Need a good historical romance 4298 5 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  221
Total posts:  2781
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2012
Latest post:  19 minutes ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 102 customers