Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

New Adult Books

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 40 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 26, 2012, 4:59:43 PM PST
K. Newell says:
Looking for books where the main characters are in their late teens early twenties. I've read Beautiful Disaster, My Favorite Mistake, Losing It, and looking for more like them. Any help would be great! And the sexier the better.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012, 5:43:36 PM PST
Bitchie says:
Try these lists:

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/27840.New_Adult_Contemporary#15760001

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/7944.New_Adult_Post_HS_books#15760001

Some of my favorites:
Something Like Normal
On Dublin Street
Easy and all Tammara Webber's other stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 26, 2012, 6:00:49 PM PST
The Edge of Never!!!! Can not recommend this book enough!
Charade This one totally surprised me, very good.
The Secret of Ella and Micha
Down to You

Fall Guy (A Youngblood Book) - I believe they're seniors in HS, but it's got some steam and is a good story

And if you haven't read it yet, you must must must read The Sea of Tranquility. Best book of the year for me.

Posted on Nov 26, 2012, 8:01:55 PM PST
Sherylb says:
This is my new favorite genre. I agree with Charade, Sea of Tranquility, The Edge of Never and Easy..all great!!

Must add another recent favorite Just Remember to Breathe

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 10:54:21 AM PST
Sky blue says:
Few of the books that I liked the best -
Point of retreat, Poughkeepsie, The sea of tranquility, Buried Castles, Gabriel's inferno,
Going under, the secret of Ella and Micha.
Hope this helps, enjoy!! :-)

Posted on Nov 27, 2012, 11:46:28 AM PST
Jean says:
I will third Charade - that was a pretty awesome book.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012, 12:44:47 PM PST
Amy says:
I just finished reading Bad Rep and it was so good. Reminded me a little of Thoughtless by SC Stephens. I'm going to read her other book now.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012, 2:13:55 PM PST
Sherylb says:
Amy, I just got this today! I have read her other book Find You in the Dark and liked it but it is a "part 1" story which is really getting a bad rap around here lately. Not sorry at all that I read it though.

Posted on Dec 27, 2012, 2:33:06 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I liked Ten Tiny Breaths, also. It's similar to The Sea of Tranquility and Pushing The Limits, which I also recommend.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012, 2:47:07 PM PST
Bitchie says:
Gah Pushing the Limits has a new cover, took me a minute to realize I've already read that one!

Posted on Dec 27, 2012, 2:49:26 PM PST
Amy says:
Sherylb,
I loved Bad Rep and it's a stand alone, although i wouldn't mind a sequel. I just bought find you in the dark but i'm not in the mood for such an intense read right now, so i think i'll shelf it for later, when i'm in the mood for a little more drama.
Bad Rep is def. angst but not much other drama is involved other than with the actual couple...which is they type of stories i usually go for. I like reading light, steamy books...nothing too heavy. I just found Someone to Love. Looks like my cup of tea. I"m starting that one now. I'll report back when i finish it (probably later tonight). :)

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012, 2:51:15 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
I know, I think she got a publisher. :(

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 27, 2012, 4:33:09 PM PST
The Kindle Edition is still showing the same cover of them against the lockers...

Posted on Dec 29, 2012, 9:29:05 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012, 9:29:39 AM PST
Shantyl says:
I HAVE to recommend The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden. The book is absolutely AMAZING and it's sad that I cannot find a book as good yet! The Secret of Ella and Micha is good, but just isn't as good as TCoC&K. I do highly recommend Fall From Grace the first book of Mad World. The series is absolutely amazing and hilarious. Grace is definitely my favorite character I have EVER read.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012, 10:02:52 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 29, 2012, 10:04:13 AM PST
Sherylb says:
I am about halfway through a new one called Sometimes Never. Good so far. I loved The Coincidence of Callie and Kayden and also have to include Hopeless, amazing.

Posted on Dec 29, 2012, 10:28:08 AM PST
Amyalissa says:
I really, really liked Sometimes Never. I highly recommend it.

Posted on Jan 1, 2013, 1:01:09 PM PST
Bea says:
The kindle version of Pushing theLimits is $1.79!

Pushing The Limits

Posted on Jan 1, 2013, 4:20:18 PM PST
Sherylb says:
I just finished and really liked Chasing Nikki (Chasing Nikki #1) which is currently free and Finding Chase (Chasing Nikki #2).

Posted on Jan 1, 2013, 6:25:34 PM PST
The Summer of Last Resort by J.A. Browning.

Posted on Jan 2, 2013, 1:25:37 AM PST
Most definitely any of Colleen Hoovers! Slammed is my personal favorite along with Point of Retreat but the new Hopeless which someone mentioned already, is amazing as well!!

Posted on May 17, 2013, 1:21:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 17, 2013, 1:22:21 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
Did you'all see this new development?

I received this message cos I belong to the NA group at GR:

[New Adult Book Club] New Adult is officially a catagory on Amazon!
So today brings some incredible news for the New Adult world. Amazon has officially acknowledge New Adult as a catagory! So far it is only as a sub-catagory of the romance genre but this is a huge start. It is now going to be so much easier for people to discover New Adult books.

It is down as New Adult and College romance and for anyone interested here are the bestsellers:

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Kindle-Store-New-Adult-College-Romance/zgbs/digital-text/6487838011/ref=zg_bs_fvp_f_p_6487838011

Posted on May 19, 2013, 6:22:24 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
Off Limits is free. I just mentioned it on the Travis thread too.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 26, 2013, 11:09:28 PM PDT
Magnetic was a super sexy read. The main character is a freshman at University.

Magnetic (New Adult Contemporary Romance)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013, 9:49:37 AM PDT
EM .. it sounds interesting... It can be suggested too in the crazy ex thread since an ex from his past confronts the h.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 27, 2013, 2:18:40 PM PDT
Thanks for the heads up, I just might do that.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  24
Total posts:  40
Initial post:  Nov 26, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 11, 2017

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 21 customers