Your Garage Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Best Jealous Scene Ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 166 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 29, 2016 12:07:21 AM PDT
zoey says:
Assumption: Underground Kings (Underground Kings Series Book 1)

the heroine throws the hero's bed out the window onto the ex girlfriend's car.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 28, 2016 11:34:44 PM PDT
TakiJay says:
Dixie sounds like such an adorable heroine! love her

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 4:58:37 PM PST
Star K. says:
Oh cool! Leo has to be one of my favorite heroes ever.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 18, 2016 4:27:13 PM PST
mjbett says:
Her Christmas Fantasy & The Winter Bride

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 8:23:45 AM PST
M. Bodden says:
How come Winter's Bride is not for sale?

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 6:43:04 AM PST
Star K. says:
One of my favorites is from Mills & Boon : The Winter Bride by Lynne Graham.
The h overhears fiancee H's end of a telephone conversation with another woman. She thinks he planning to see ow after they're married.

'She walked down the stairs, careful in her high heels, not yet used to wearing them again. The library door
was ajar and she could hear Leo speaking, so she hung back in case he had someone with him.
"There is no risk...' he was murmuring with audible amusement. 'But I still won't feel safe until I get that
ring on her finger...no, I can't meet up with you beforehand...I don't want her to suspect what I'm up to.' His dark, deep drawl dropped even lower in pitch. 'Marisa, you're tremendous...'
Transfixed to the spot, Angie strained feverishly close to the door to hear what he was saying next, and
distinctly heard a roughened reference to 'any sort of bed at all as long as it takes two', and then, in a very
husky, sexy whisper, 'You're embarrassing me'...
Leo...embarrassed! Leo who didn't have a self-conscious bone in his body? Angie shuddered, perspiration dampening her upper lip as she jerked away from the door and shot across the hall into the drawing room opposite. He needn't worry about being embarrassed, she thought. He should worry about
living to breathe another day!'

The h stews all day ( and has a little too much wine) while she and hero are out. Finally she lets him have it.

'The Great Hall was dominated by the Christmas tree The Scots pine now glittered and glowed with gold
and silver decorations and candle-shaped lights.
'I'm the sort of woman who would hack your designer suits into tiny shreds if you were ever unfaithful,' Angie
delivered chattily to Leo as she slid out of her coat.
Having been momentarily engaged in watching their son trot off with both his grandfathers in keen pursuit,
Leo's bold dark eyes incredulous.
Her smile was colder than the snowy peaks of the Himalayas as she climbed the stairs. ' ' 'I'm the sort of
woman who would tell the whole story, with the inclusion of every minute and dirty detail, to the Press.'
'Angie -?'
I'm the sort of woman who would rip you off for every penny you've got if you betrayed me,' Angie slung at
him in warning from the minstrel's gallery. 'And I would be the sort of ex-wife who would feature only in
your worst nightmares. I would be unreasonable, manipulative, demanding and just downright nasty!'
'What the hell is the matter with you?' Leo demanded not quite steadily as he strode up the stairs after her,
taking them two at a time. 'Apart from rather too much wine...' Angie stiffened, eyes flashing. 'I just thought
you should know what you're getting into before you marry me. If I ever had cause to doubt your loyalty, I
would hold spite and pursue vengeance until the day I died!' 'You're heading in the wrong direction.' 'No, I'm
not,' Angie muttered tightly. 'While you are considering your options, I will be sleeping in the Chinese
bedroom.'
'So I'll visit,' Leo delivered cheerfully. In disbelief, Angie focused on the amusement flashing across his
lean, strong face, shaken even in the mood she was in by the raw charisma he possessed. 'No way!'
Drew, looking rakish with a patch over one eye, strolled down the corridor towards them with his arm
ostentatiously draped round a small, curvaceous brunette with smiling green eyes. 'This is Tally,' he
announced.
'Hi...I'm Angie,' Angie managed to say, and then she walked on, only hesitating long enough to throw over
her shoulder, 'And by the way, Leo, I will not be signing any pre-nuptial agreement!'

Posted on Jan 18, 2016 3:23:15 AM PST
Anonyme says:
bump

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2015 5:42:42 AM PDT
Milo says:
And I loved how Reed compared peaches to kisses.....

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 11:44:50 PM PDT
Amelie says:
Courting Miss Hattie
Possible spoilers:

Reed was talking to Hattie on the swing he put together for her (saying something like, "swings were invented by fathers because they're too uncomfortable to do any hankie-pankie on") and she casually mentioned that she had kissed her suitor. She wasn't trying to make him jealous, she just thought he should know since he was the one who taught her how to kiss (they've been friends forever, and he's engaged to someone else). He started acting weird, and he went a tad berserk when she said that Ancil (the suitor) pinched her bottom. He slammed the coffee mug (containing steaming hot coffee) against the swing and asked her if she really thought he liked hearing about another man manhandling her. It was awesome. The best part was she had no idea what was wrong with him. She got even more confused when he refused to talk to her for a week (she noticed because he was working on her land).

Reed also punched a tree out of frustration while they were in a town gathering. Earlier on, he was talking to a group of men that included Hattie's new fiance, and the dude kept saying rude things about her. He had to rein in his temper and remind himself that a.) Hattie wouldn't appreciate him rearranging her fiance's face, and b.) He's spoken for - to another woman. So he kept his cool, went off someplace private, and assaulted the tree.

Posted on Sep 5, 2015 8:15:34 PM PDT
romancegal says:
bump

Posted on Jan 29, 2015 3:54:21 PM PST
BUMP

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2014 5:31:12 PM PDT
Sophie... says:
The Mane Squeeze (Pride Book 4) is available on Kindle Unlimited right now, in case anyone is interested. E-book costs $8, so it's a steal from KU...

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 23, 2014 4:33:09 PM PDT
Amelie says:
Ms. Kleypas does excellent jealous scenes. :) Jack from Smooth Talking Stranger had at least two: one that started in a car and ended in a car park near the elevators, and another during his father's birthday party. Ooh mama! ;)

Posted on Sep 23, 2014 8:44:25 AM PDT
bigsigh82 says:
Love this theme, too....bump

Posted on Aug 21, 2014 12:45:38 AM PDT
Cills says:
bump

Posted on Aug 11, 2014 5:52:05 AM PDT
Love this theme..... Bump

Posted on Jul 31, 2014 5:17:15 PM PDT
Readermum says:
BUMP!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 31, 2014 12:36:14 PM PDT
Yeah, I agree with Monique, he definitely sounds OTT but I couldn't help laughing out loud! I could just see this in my head and I'm like, "What's Emma going to do now?" Hey, it's on Jake if she didn't "get" it. He's expecting her to feel guilty when she didn't even know he was interested? She certainly knows now! ;)

And what about her date? Can you just imagine? WTH?!! *LOL*

Posted on Jul 29, 2014 4:33:58 PM PDT
BUMP

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 17, 2014 11:30:01 PM PDT
@ Vandeetastic: Thanks for sharing the scene from Burning Wild'. I'm reading this book now and I love it! Jake is one of the most OTT Hero's I've ever read. Love him!

Posted on Jun 15, 2014 2:02:52 AM PDT
Sugar Daddy H caught h kissing her long lost childhood love in the parking lot of an event they were attending, dragged her into their limo and had wild sex with her.

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 10:30:16 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 14, 2014 10:30:46 PM PDT
Vandeetastic says:
I'm rereading Burning Wild (Leopard) by Christine Feehan and came across one of my favorite scenes. In this scene the h, Emma, decides to go on a date with a guy to try to forget about H, Jake. She works in his house as a housekeeper of sorts and doesn't think that he is interested in her that way. Emma and her date are at a restaurant where Jake happens to be at also conducting a business meeting. He sees the two and he is not happy. For anyone who has read Burning Wild, you'll know that Jake is very possessive of Emma.

" Without a word of explanation, he stalked across the room, carelessly loosening his tie, his eyes glittering gold, fixed on his prey. Emma glanced up and her velvet eyes widened in surprise. Jake couldn't detect the littlest bit of guilt. His fingers itched to punish her. Instead, he toed a chair around and very deliberately wedged it between theirs.

With casual ease he bent his dark head to her silky red one to brush a lingering and very possessive kiss on her shocked mouth. He made certain he used tongue, lots of tongue, one hand anchoring in her hair, forcing her hair up so he could take his time making his statement. A blatant brand of ownership. "

There's more but I'd be taking up a whole lot of space if I included everything :)

Posted on Jun 14, 2014 3:28:03 PM PDT
zoey says:
Thanks for all the recs for the In Death series. I read the first book and the two mentioned in the thread with each of the characters revealing jealous tendencies. The jealous scenes were great. I just finished Somewhere I'll a Find You by Lisa Kleypas. The jealous hero hires some thugs to kidnap the heroine so that she cannot marry the om at the end.

Posted on Jun 13, 2014 7:35:30 AM PDT
Some of my favorite scenes in romance books are the jealous scenes.

I can't pick one but these are some of my faves:

Someone to Watch Over Me (Bow Street, Book 1) - when Grant claims his woman (finally) in a jealous rage. I could reread this one over and over. Le sigh.

Surrender (A MacKinnon's Rangers Novel) - ditto above.. even more passionate.

Dream Fever - Somewhat controversial but when he sees her dining with his arch enemy... he stakes his claim. Pretty passionate scene but on the alpha bad side. Still, one of my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 10, 2014 12:25:11 PM PDT
bigsigh82 says:
There's a great jealous scene in The Golden Dynasty (Fantasyland Series Book 2) I tried typing most of it out, but Ammy blocked it due to "objectionable content". It was quite long, so I don't want to try to re-type it. (wish I had copied it before I hit POST...)
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  82
Total posts:  166
Initial post:  Dec 8, 2012
Latest post:  Apr 29, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 52 customers

Search Customer Discussions