Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Shop Popular Services Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fanfiction

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 7501-7525 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 7:27:02 AM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 7:45:03 AM PST]

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 7:32:20 AM PST
MBAButterfly says:
ambrosia, sent. :)

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 10:19:51 AM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Anyone read this one? Apparently another dysfunctional relationship. Is there cheating, solid HEA, OW/OM, etc?

Chance Encounter, by Besotted
Summary:
When Bella Swan, a 23 year old cellist studying music at Julliard meets Edward Cullen, a Hollywood movie star, their lives will be forever changed as they struggle to make their relationship work against the greatest of odds. A/H

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 11:24:05 AM PST
Nicomaster says:
Thank you Argyle... Did you like this read? Ive heard it's really good.. Is it very angsty, any spoilers I might need before jumping in?

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 12:33:35 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 12:33:57 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Uh oh. Another new WIP: Dancing in the Dark by Jaxon22 (author of Pound of Flesh)just went live on ff.net. Why why why do I DO this to myself ???? I got straight into it. Now I'm hooked. I just love this author. Dammit.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8751380/1/

"You can't start a fire, you can't start a fire without a spark. This gun's for hire even if we're just dancing in the dark." Immersed in a world of dance, drink, drugs, and women, Edward Cullen is the ultimate bachelor. Until he receives a late night phone call that changes everything. AH E/B

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 1:35:41 PM PST
Sal says:
Beeg, I learned my lesson about WIP fics with Unexpected Circumstances. I was there from day 1, and was super hooked. It killed me with the cheating, and it was soooo dragged out. It turned me off fanfic for 6 months, no joke, I stuck to kindle books only.

Since then I don't break the "completed fics only" rule for anything. It doesn't matter how good it is. I also now check and make sure if a fic I want to read is cheating free. If there is any cheating whatsoever, I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole. I do the same with books, all because of that fic. =P

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 1:56:08 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2012, 2:07:09 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Meg - I know! I know these things and I still fall for it. I click the link, I'm in ff.net, I tell myself I just want to take a little peek, just to see what new story one of my fav writer's has come up with, the next thing, I'm at the end of chapter 1. Then I go picking around on that author's profile, like her other books, her FAV authors, her FAV stories. And what do I end up with? A cheater book. I just flipping read a cheater book. I couldn't stop myself. I knew I was gonna kick myself, during and after, but I read on and on and WHAT made me think it was completed???? Cos it wasn't. And now I'm hanging onto a story that was last updated in 2010! Ffs.

In case anyone else wants to torture themselves-:
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4465587/1/MakeDamnSure
MakeDamnSure
Author: venom with love PM
Bella is Edward's best friend and ..... mistress? What happens when she gets pregnant with his child? All Human.
Rated: Fiction M - English - Romance/Hurt/Comfort - Bella & Edward - Chapters: 12 - Words: 34,063 - Reviews: 1,132 - Favs: 1,301

It's everything a ff should be- well written, ExB that love each other, lemony lemons, gorgeous crying, sorrowful Edward, beautiful pregnant Bella, remorseful Edward, Bella trying to move on

And it's everything a ff shouldn't be: a two-minded Edward, cheating, Tanya as the OW, Bella forgiving too easily

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:05:14 PM PST
Steff says:
I started chance encounters and didn't get far. I don't know why I stopped reading it I'm sure another book caught my attention. I swear I have a problem I seem to always have around 10 books at a time I am reading. I'm glad you mentioned it though because I forgot about it and I definitely want to finish it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:14:49 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Steff, please let me know how Chance goes. I also have about 10 books I'm reading now and I flit from book to book, ugh! It's a terribly disconcerting rut I'm in. And I'm trying really hard to read a published book for every ff I read, but end up substituting all the characters with the twilight characters. I'm not in a comfortable reading space right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:51:14 PM PST
vanila_o says:
Beeg - I am looking forward to Dancing in the Dark too. I loved everything I read by this author. But I usually don't start WIPs until there are at least 10+ chapters in.

The Slowest Burn has been updated today! Good chapter.

I started few cougar stories. I am in the middle of Oh Brother and so far so good. I will post spoilers soon if someone likes older woman theme.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 2:54:12 PM PST
Iowegian says:
I too DNF Chance Encounters. It was sweet, not damaged, just didn't hold my interest at the time. The two meet on an airplane and try to decide if they can make it work with his celebrity IIRC.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 2:54:41 PM PST
vanila_o says:
Beeg - in MakeDamnSure, why Edward is still with his wife? Is it because of the kids? I rarely read cheater books unless hero gets rid of his wife really fast or there is a really good reason.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 3:16:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 4, 2012, 12:15:11 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Van- I'm hoping that kid isn't Edward's. By some miracle. (dancing in the dark) gosh she's a GOOD writer. So effortless.

I can't read TSB! I haven't read the last 2 chapters, my nerves just can't take it cos I'm already so invested in this BxE and I know sh!ts gonna happen still.

I like the older woman theme as long as the H isn't early 20's - somehow that makes me believe a solid HEA isn't possible. Weird ja.

MakeDamnSure -
Edward and his wife have no kids, thankfriggingoodness.
He stays with his wife because:
"I never meant to hurt her, I was just so confused. I knew that I loved Bella, but it would seem that at some points that I still loved Tanya. I knew that it would cause a disaster, but I didn't care. I kept both of them. I was a selfish moron and that may have just cost me the most important person (Bella) in my life." Pig.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 3:22:21 PM PST
vanila_o says:
Beeg - thank you for a spoiler! What a pig! It's a no go for me:) I hate indecisive heroes.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 4:44:46 PM PST
Mercered says:
Ugh! I knew I shouldn't have come here. I can't handle a cheatward, I'm way too close to my due date...lol.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 4:57:18 PM PST
Beeg Panda,

I drank the kool-aid...Dancing in the Dark has another follower. Thanks for the recommendation.

Loved TSB update.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 5:13:14 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Beeg: ugh. Call me a wuss, but it bothers me just to read that description!!! There's no way I could handle reading the actual story!!!!

Posted on Nov 30, 2012, 5:49:13 PM PST
I believe its been mentioned before but you should check out:
In Flight and Mile High by R.R.Lilley
Serious these two books are HOT...HOT...HOT
James (H) is OTT possessive, the plot is far better than FSoG, and the h knows what she wants. The thrid book is scheduled to be released in February.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 9:27:39 PM PST
ad10964 says:
I just read this straight through! Any other suggestions of ff like wall bangers?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 10:13:29 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Merc - I didn't like MakeDameSure's Edward in the beginning. It's 12 chapters long. By the 5th chapter he realizes he was a foolsunofabiotch, and just what he's lost when Bella finally pulls finger and left his sorry self. Of course he's all woe-is-me after that but he still doesn't man up enough, the swine. By the last chapter he's pretty pathetic and I'm starting to fall for his wretchedness too. I like Douchewards to suffer and cry and he does, lol. I don't feel the NEED-of-all-needs to read any further for a HEA cos I can see its probably gonna work out for them. But I would like to see him suffer some more.
Lotsa other stuff happens that I haven't mentioned cos I don't wanna spoil unless you ask.
But how ARE you feeling, Merc? Almost there, hey?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012, 10:16:46 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Hopeless R - I'm hoping against hope, I suppose, that it isn't his kid!!!!

Am - I'm not sure this one is for you, one of the reasons being that Edward is a slacker and doesn't MOVE to correct his wrongs. But he does suffer, just not enough yet, I felt.

Hopeless R - the 2nd Mile High book - does it end on a cliffhanger or can it be read as a HEA without needing to read the sequel? So many good things being said abt that one and ever since Vanila recc'd it I've been wondering if I shld try it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 12:32:38 AM PST
vanila_o says:
Beeg - re Mile High 2nd book... It can be read as HEA. By the end of 2nd book H/h are in a very good place and they are very together (they live together and hero is very determined to persuade h to marry him). There are a couple of unresolved issues (heroine still struggles with her fear of commitment but she already agreed to live with him and there are some suspense issues left to be resolved). For example I regret that I read This Man before 2nd book came out because there is a major cliffy at the end of b1. But I was totally okay with finishing Mile High and can easily wait for bk 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 1:33:16 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012, 1:34:09 AM PST
ambrosia says:
Beeg: you know me too well. I started skimming it despite your warning because I'm a masochist, I guess. You're right. It is too frustrating for me that douchward doesn't do anything proactive. He hurts her and waits and even after she leaves, he just sits and waits and bemoans his situation. If it weren't for Tanya, he'd still be married!!!

Edited to correct typo.

Posted on Dec 1, 2012, 9:13:10 AM PST
Jenna Reads says:
Does anyone have any spoilers for this one?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8390065/1/Lost-Half

Lost Half
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Author: LyricalKris PM
Even though she kept her feet on the ground, Bella always wanted to believe in the magic of true love. Edward could have taught her that kind of love existed. Too bad he showed up too late. Can you still find your soul mate when your soul has been completely shattered?

Rated: Fiction M - English - Angst/Hurt/Comfort - Bella & Edward - Chapters: 30 - Words: 100,314 - Reviews: 4,193 - Favs: 1,063 - Follows: 1,431 - Updated: 11-28-12 - Published: 08-03-12 - Status: Complete - id: 8390065

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 1, 2012, 9:29:15 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 1, 2012, 9:30:10 AM PST
Lulu123 says:
Jenna: I haven't read the whole thing but I remember that in the beginning of the story, Bella meets Mike through a friend finding website that hooks people up based on similar interests. She goes on a date with him but he ends up being a total psycho who kidnaps, beats and rapes her. Edward is the creator of the friend-finding website so he's brought into the police investigation to help find her. Eventually Bella escapes and I stopped reading after Edward sees her in the hospital recuperating from her injuries. Edward seemed like a sweet guy that genuinely wanted to help her but Bella will have a long road of recovery before she can be with him in any sort of romantic way.
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 12 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
211 1 day ago
Ex con hero - Can any one recommend something? 18 3 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 3461 9 minutes ago
Need a good historical romance 3910 20 minutes ago
H working undercover "using" the h 0 25 minutes ago
Heroine is bullied by everyone, hero stands up for her 17 29 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 6890 45 minutes ago
heroine is a FBI or Bodyguard to a billionaire and his son 1 1 hour ago
H and h are married or committed H cheats (no YA) 11 1 hour ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 6927 2 hours ago
Wish list not working?! 37 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  272
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Feb 11, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 26, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 52 customers