Some of the problems readers have raised re serialized
- the author doesn't have a clear direction - and cannot make changes to events after the fact (as would occur during the editing process of the book in it's entirety)
- the cost becomes extravagant ($1 per chapter for a 15 chapter book?)
- the author becomes ill (or dies) and the investment so far becomes worthless
- length of time between episodes
- length of each instalment (10 pages for $1 is still expensive to many)
- quality of the product
- author not stating up front it's only a "partial product"
- author not clearly stating how long the serial will be
As an author, you may feel these are pros.
But they can be *huge* issues for the reader.
Recent discussions in the Romance forum
AnnouncementRead fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
|34||May 16, 2017|
AnnouncementAmazon Discussions Feedback Forum
|268||3 days ago|
|Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1||3224||29 minutes ago|
|H puts OW before h||637||33 minutes ago|
|Free Today Third Edition||7637||39 minutes ago|
|Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number...||6400||48 minutes ago|
|don't shoot me!!! 2||3579||1 hour ago|
|Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2||4022||1 hour ago|
|World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #6||2018||1 hour ago|
|books similar to Zapata's Kulti/ The Wall of Winnipeg and me||262||1 hour ago|
|Biker Romance Part 2||9393||2 hours ago|
|The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread||7912||2 hours ago|