Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Fan Fic Fight Club - Season Two

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1676-1700 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 11:19:27 AM PST
bklvr says:
Read: From The Demons in My Dreams:

"I cannot be friends with that woman. She makes my b@lls ache ten different shades of blue."

Lol! OMG, I wish I could write that kind of stuff! Sooooooo funny!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 11:40:28 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 22, 2013, 10:10:02 AM PST
readtoomuch says:
@bklvr: Good job! Now relax and stretch those fingers, because Sunday will come up fast ;)

@Beeg: hee hee *high five* we're 2,107 words closer to the next update!

@Carrie: hey now! I never said anything about surgery scenes. I can't watch those live operations they do on that unnamed channel I never want to know. I'm absolutely horrible with blood, even my own. When I was 13, I cut my finger when I was slicing into an avocado. The last thing I remember before I woke up to my dad hovering over me was bringing my finger up to my face for a closer look.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 11:49:01 AM PST
readtoomuch says:
@bklvr: I love when writers than make you lol during a hurt/angsty/drama story. This author did the same thing in Unplanned Perfection. Have you read that fic? It was the first fic I read by this author and didn't even realize she had been writing another fic (The Demons in My Dreams) until Miss pointed it out.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6229263/1/Unplanned-Perfection
Bella and Alice were best friends, which made Bella the only girl off limits to Alice's brother Edward. When a party the summer after graduation gets out of control, Bella's world is turned upside down. "He doesn't know. I don't want him to."

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 11:51:59 AM PST
bklvr says:
Read: yes! I did read that one. It frustrated me sooooooooo badly! But I did like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:02:16 PM PST
Miss says:
Ah yes, I adored The Demons in My Dreams read :) I loved not only reading about E and B but all the other stuff going on with the teens at the group home etc.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:03:04 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
yeah, I've found that UP is a very polarizing fic. You either hate it or you like it.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:05:39 PM PST
bklvr says:
Read: I liked it but both E and B frustrated the heck out of me (mostly B). I cannot stand in pregnancy/child fics where the girl lies to or waits and waits and waits to tell the boy. I know it's a hard thing to tell someone but woman the heck up and tell him already!!

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:06:49 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Miss: yes! It was like an ensemble cast without being too overwhelming. I remember right from the beginning, I felt for Emmett and Tyler when B was laying out their history and troubles.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:11:12 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Bk-
Get back here. Turn right around. Do not go and shower. Do not go and eat. Do not pass begin and....come back here and write another 2000!

Read-
I'm STILL reading CC. Its freaking me out cos normally I'd finish it in a day and a half at most. But like I said, RL is a cow these last few days. Ugh.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:12:48 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@bklvr: I'm not a fan of the secret baby trope, but that E was such a d-bag and his actions were such that I could understand (not excuse!) her own actions. I remember trying to imagine what his reaction would have been had she told him she was pregnant at that time and it was not pretty. Again... I so do NOT excuse B for not telling him, but I could understand it... in a fictional world.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:23:07 PM PST
bklvr says:
Beeg: I can't! I had to fight for those 2000! My words are not cooperating today. The ones I got down will definitely be re-written a time or two before I'm satisfied. Speaking of satisfied, would it be overkill for a bit more smexiness? I'm in Jace's mind and, well, the boy doesn't seem satiated yet... I'm just not an author who writes a lot of lemony content, so I always worry about going overboard.

Read: yeah, I agree, which was why I said both of them frustrated me. I actually think E would have been better about it if she's told him right away. I mean, he missed out on years of his kid's life because she kept it from him. His reaction, though douchey, I felt was warranted, if even a bit OTT.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:29:51 PM PST
ambrosia says:
bklvr: While I actually can get bored when stories go from smexy scene to smexy scene, I don't think you need to worry about boring your readers! Go for it! ;-)

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:30:40 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@bklvr: I can tell you now that we actually request some more smexy Jace time. Overkill?!? In a guy's mind, especially a teenager, there probably is no overkill for sex. lol! And your Jace would never be satiated enough with Clary; the way he loves and wants her is intense. I really enjoy how you're able to get that across without being down and dirty.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:33:47 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Bk-
You just c0ckblocked him in the last chapter I read! No wonder the boy isn't satisfied! So yes, I think you can do more smexiness. I know you said Illusion of Control has some, right? But they are young, they are beautiful, they are hormonal....I say go for it lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 12:44:20 PM PST
bklvr says:
Ambrosia: I do too, which is why I'm always so cautious. I don't tend to write a lot of lemons, and even when I do they're quite . . . tame. Well, you know, right? You've gotten to the lemons in 9Cs? Anyway, we're picking up in the same scene we left at the end of last chapter--which ended lemony. I guarantee this does not go DIRECTLY into another lemon because there is some stuff happening first. Also, I'm not sure how far anymore citrus will go anyway if it occurs. I have an idea though... Lol!

Read: yeah, I don't write dirty lemons. And Jace's thoughts so far have been very...not dirty. They've been very intense, very need based. I just don't write typical dirty thoughts, even in boys.

Beeg: that was in CC (and seriously, wasn't that mean? I totally wanted them to do it under the stars. Sigh)! And yes, you're gonna get your hot lemonade in Illusion of Control. Shiver. My favorite. Oh, it's also in JPOV, which just makes it hotter.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:03:41 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Feb 20, 2013, 1:04:08 PM PST
Beeg Panda says:
Bk-
Well fok, I'm gonna finish CC now cos I'm confusing your stories, imagine wth im gonna do if I start on your others. *rolling eyes at myself*

So for 9Cs, go make lemonade as only you can make it. In fact, I can't think of another author now, who writes lemons like you without using the usual sexlanguage and still getting it right.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:04:09 PM PST
Nicomaster says:
Carrie, I would never insult the size if your arse. I'm assuming your referring to the big girl panties, lol? That comment arises from your lack of triggers. IMO, your awesomesauce because you can read just about anything where I'm much more selective due to my personal triggers ;! So, you having the biggest "girl panties" is definitely a compliment.. ;)

Now, I'm loving Skin and Flesh. Who knew zombie reads could be so good.

And, Unplanned Perfection is my favorite B and Daddyward read. Perfect angst level, total doucheward then great Daddyward.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:14:46 PM PST
bluejay says:
Nico & ambrosia - That's it. Skin and Flesh are the 'menage' books I was referring too earlier. So ladies - are the menage scences 'manageable'? Do you feel for both of the Hs? Also the books' set-up is in a dystopian world, right?

Posted on Feb 20, 2013, 1:16:46 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@Nico: glad you're liking Skin and Flesh! That's what I said when I rec'd it last month. Who knew?!? I did like Skin better than Flesh though.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:17:44 PM PST
bklvr says:
Beeg: I feel like such a rebel with my non-smexy language and whatnot. ;) Yes, finish CC so you can get with the 9Cs program. Remember, 9Cs Jace is the "devastated" one. :P

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:18:52 PM PST
readtoomuch says:
@BTM: only Flesh is menage. The 2nd book in the series is not a menage but still good. Set in the same post-apocalyptic type world filled with zombies, but the main characters are not zombies. The dystopian book I mentioned that was really crazy was Beyond Shame by Kit Rocha. That was all types of crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:30:02 PM PST
bluejay says:
Thanks Read - I remember now. Beyond Shame is the crazy cray cray book you mentioned awhile ago! And Flesh and Skin sound really intriguing...

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:36:37 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Readtoomuch: I actually liked Flesh better than Skin. While the writing in Skin was flowed better, I thought that the plot in Flesh was more original. The first half of Skin felt more "normal," with the zombie post-apolcalyptic background only providing the pretext for the H's actions towards the h.

Both stories are solid, however, with realistic relationship issues (trust, equality, openness) playing a fundamental role in the growth of the characters.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:38:53 PM PST
ambrosia says:
@BTM: BTW, even if you don't usually like menage, the author does a wonderful job of explaining why the menage is necessary in Flesh. And it shows the depth of the Hs' devotion to the h. It also is not an easy or immediate menage, but builds slowly. I found the relationship beautiful and touching, rather than just smexy. Also, IIRC, there is truly only one menage scene torwards the end. Otherwise it's just M-F.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 20, 2013, 1:58:21 PM PST
bluejay says:
ambrosia - Thanks! I guess I'll be OK with the megage if the author can explain why it's necessary. Hope to find the time to read them this weekend.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 6 days ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 990 12 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 7950 33 minutes ago
books similar to Zapata's Kulti/ The Wall of Winnipeg and me 270 39 minutes ago
Looking for books where the hero is ill 4 42 minutes ago
Looking for a book titlr 0 1 hour ago
don't shoot me!!! 2 3591 1 hour ago
What's the most forbidden romance you've ever read? 11 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6417 1 hour ago
clueless heroine who can't tell the hero is in love with her for the longest time 26 1 hour ago
MORE SLOW BURN, less graphic smex scnes (HELP) 104 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  98
Total posts:  7187
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2013
Latest post:  Oct 9, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 42 customers