Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Iced: Karen Marie Moning Discussion, SPOILERS

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 59 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 5, 2012, 3:25:19 PM PST
Triste says:
There was a scene where Dani gets taken to Chester's and Ryo, while handing her jello, starts to shake. Why? I was hoping someone could explain that?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 3:35:19 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Spoilers**************************************

Because his 'addiction/need' for survival is sex and he was having withdrawals. This is why he has so many women that he 'nods' to in the club.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 5:59:34 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Seriously? Is Ryo one of the eventual love interests of Dani's? (when she grows up?). I hate when characters are addicted to sex - it's an easy excuse for sleeping around and not being faithful. Especially when the heroine won't be able to quench the addiction for YEARS.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 9:49:24 PM PST
Talltree says:
Yep. I found it yucky.

Spolier: theres this scene wheres Dani is dying of cold, so they strip her to her UW and Ryodan and Christian both notice her curves - Dancer is the only guy who seems strictly concerned with saving her life. They get her back to Chesters where Ryodan having a h*rd-on makes him get the shakes and he promptly bangs Jo, Dani's best friend in the next room over his desk , which Dani then walks into. Thank god it doesnt scar her for life - it just ' grosses her eye balls out' !

Dani was the best thing about this book, although some have said she was a bit too much. But there were parts that seriously grossed me out.

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 9:54:10 PM PST
ambrosia says:
Ugh. I'm going to have to wait until the entire series is published and spoiled before reading!!! I have to hope that Dani never smexes with Ryo - a guy who'd bang her best friend!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 5, 2012, 10:06:17 PM PST
Talltree says:
Spoiler:

Luckily Jo is in her twenties , I think and this is the beginning of an exclusive relationship btw Ryodan and Jo. I know at the end of Fever many ppl were hoping that R and Jo would end up together- not me though - but in the book it feels like Ryodan is using Jo to tide him over till Dani grows up ( theres a part where he tells Dani that at fourteen in another place and time , she would already be a wife and mother ).

Posted on Nov 5, 2012, 10:10:47 PM PST
B. slowe says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Nov 6, 2012, 8:43:44 PM PST
Triste says:
I wonder if Ryo jokes around with Jo the way he does with Dani. I mean, I can't imagine Jo finding him funny.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 10:09:49 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 6, 2012, 10:10:28 PM PST
<<Posted on Nov 5, 2012 10:10:47 PM PST
Bridgett Slowe says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Hide post again. (Show all unhelpful posts)]
may someone please check out my wishlist >>

You just don't know when to quit, do you? Since you want a stripper pole and two pairs of hooker shoes so bad, how about you just earn them... the old-fashioned way? Call it an investment in your future.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2012, 11:22:34 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 7, 2012, 9:56:21 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 2:05:07 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Just not...quite...all...there. ;)

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 2:08:46 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012, 2:08:57 AM PST
ambrosia says:
Maybe I'm just naive, but sometimes I think that it has GOT to be a joke! I mean, can anyone really be such an idiotic, self-centered brat?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 2:10:53 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
Or *cough* troll?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 2:13:31 AM PST
ambrosia says:
True, true. Girls just wanna have fun. Or, in this case, possibly adolescent boys?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 3:18:43 AM PST
Nils says:
Okay, I have a question. Is there any point to reading this book if you haven't read the Fever series? Would you be totally lost or does it stand alone a bit?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 3:47:13 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 7, 2012, 3:49:10 AM PST
HJ Leonard says:
You really have to read the Fever series first. The whole world in Iced exists the way it is due to the events in the Fever series.

ETA - it's totally worth it, though. Fairly complex but fascinating storytelling. And the Fever series has a romance in it, which Iced does not. Iced, for now, is pure Urban Fantasy.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 4:49:03 AM PST
This is a family thread, ya know.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 9:45:26 AM PST
That's assuming that anyone would pay her for her *choke* talents!

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 4:27:40 PM PST
Coconut says:
I just saw this book on my library shelf so I promptly checked it out. Now I haven't read the Fever series. Can someone tell me if it's related to the Fever series, meaning do I have to read it in order to understand Iced? Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 4:34:13 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
The Fever series consists of the 1st 5 books. Iced is the 6th, but with a new protagonist (heroine).

Darkfever: The Fever Series
Bloodfever: The Fever Series
Faefever: The Fever Series
Dreamfever: The Fever Series
Shadowfever: A MacKayla Lane Novel
Iced: A Dani O'Malley Novel (Fever Series)

You can most likely get all of the Fever books from your library.

Also, The Fever Series 5-Book Bundle: Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever in a bundle is available for Kindle.

KMM also has the Highlander series which is very loosely related to the Fever series, is Romance with a hint of paranormal, and comes first.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 4:59:44 PM PST
i think you need to read the Fever books because the whole world-building through those 5 books are key to what is going on in this one - plus she alludes to previous events in the books

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 5:11:47 PM PST
Wow Ooookay! Well I see that ICED is definitely not YA and that's a good thing! I guess I'll check it out

Posted on Nov 7, 2012, 5:15:35 PM PST
Is Iced YA since Dani is the main character? I loved the Fever series but have no interest in YA books. I really really don't want to read about an angsty teen. Let me know please.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 5:18:37 PM PST
HJ Leonard says:
No. Iced is not YA, but there's also no romance in it at this point. It is pure Urban Fantasy. It is also a continuation of the Fever series, and needs to be read in order (see above posts).

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2012, 5:30:42 PM PST
Pure Urban Fantasy - cool! Thanks much!
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 28 days ago
H that have cheated on h and had a baby w/ow and h finds out can be histo0rical, contemporary od medievalmporary 130 9 minutes ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 4225 9 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 7873 16 minutes ago
Hero is Crazy in Love and Crazy Jealous/Possessive 6 7865 33 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 8164 35 minutes ago
something like Silver Lining by Maggie Osborne plz 15 54 minutes ago
Cold H falls in love with h that has cancer 5 1 hour ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6517 2 hours ago
H(s) who might hurt/kill h 14 2 hours ago
Romances in dystopian SF settings 13 2 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  25
Total posts:  59
Initial post:  Nov 5, 2012
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer