Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

don't shoot me!!! 2

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1476-1500 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 12:33:03 AM PDT
J. Adams says:
thanks so much ... found it

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 11:51:47 AM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
befriendlynow, I agree with Second Chances, I think mostly because she was a strong h and also that the H realised what he did and he worked to make it righ - not just hours or days or pages - months, he totally got what he nearly lost and would never go there again. That's what makes me agree with a HEA.

Thanks for answering, it would be interesting how many we come up with.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 12:08:44 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
B. Price, I agree also with Perfect Marriage (Silhouette Intimate Moments) by Laurie Bright - I think both the H/h were in an easy relationship until the H wanted more, he should have stood up and shouted but he was seduced by youth and adoration and thought he could get what he needed there, but he really wanted love from the h. Once the h woke up and the H realised she would give him that love then no other would do for him. I have no sympathy for the OW - if you get involved with a married man then Karma should bit you in the a$$ really bad.
http://www.amazon.com/WAY-HOME-Cynthia-lee-Cartier/dp/1440110255/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1338318101&sr=1-1 by Cynthis Lee Cartier I have a few problems with this one, I have no idea why he fell in love with the OW - none, so this is a problem for me. The really big issue for me is that the author has the H talk to the h why he had the affair and left her off book - apparently they discuss it for hours but the reader is never given the details so how as a reader are we to understand or believe what he says - this is a huge problem for me. Also there is the learned behaviour of the daughter - her boyfriend cheats and she takes him back - that is also a worry. I think that the author shows the HEA by the years that take place between the affair and the book ending so do I believe in the HEA - yes I suppose but I have a few doubts because we never know why or what caused the affair. Thank you so much for your contribution - it's interesting to see out of all the books how many we as readers would believe in the HEA.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 12:23:40 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
Reader, Ultimate Betrayal (Wedlocked!) by Michelle Reid - I also agree with this one - my thoughts are that they both realised that they were growing apart he was keeping too much of himself his business life apart fromt he h and family as shows when he took her out to dinner, no one knew her. I think the H realised that he could delegate more he didn't have to go to all those meetings and he could take the odd day off. To me they both grew in this book, one thing I did dislike was how he kept telling her the stages that she would be going through as if he knew it all. In this one I felt a little sympathy for the OW - because she didn't know she was the OW.

Tempt Me Tonight by Toni Blake - I really liked this book, few things my evil bi$#h cow was not happy with the OW getting her HEA, I know she didn't have much of a life but really. Then again it wasn't all her fault that the H had a one night stand with her, maybe if she didn't keep preaching to the H that the h would never want or settle in town (what did she know - she just wanted him - she was quick to drop him and go for the OM(childs father), not that she even knew him he was a quick roll for her too) - also didn't like how the h had to go to him in the end(I am just so picky) but I really liked this book and so believe in the HEA. Thanks so much for your thoughts.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 12:26:07 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
misty9, I never, never, never go anywhere near Susan Johnson's books they have way toooooo much sleeping around for me, hope someone will be able to help you though.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 12:32:36 PM PDT
Bernadette says:
Which version of Second Chances are you recommending? There are many books with this title.

Posted on May 29, 2012, 12:39:25 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
My first is Francesca's Party by Patricia Scanlan - in this book we have a strong h who shows how to deal with life's heartaches and start again and live her life and be happy. To me this is the book that showed me that a HEA didn't mean you had to have a H - she was happy without her H. She had a new life and new job, new friends and she was happy, so maybe a different HEA than most but it works and the main thing was she was happy with her life.

The Coming Home Place (Monogram) by Mary Spencer is my second, but wow was it emotional. Did I think that the H deserved the h - no way Nate would have made her a better H any day of the week, but the h loved the H. This book also gets points for having the h moving on with her life, if the H would have married the OW then I think she would have married Nate and had kids and had a happy life (she wasn't going to sit in the jail cell and pine, she got on with her life)But in the end I do believe in the HEA, I just don't believe the H deserved her, I know he loved her in the end, but all he said and did no way did he deserve her.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 12:42:14 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
B. Sabatini, I think it was Second Chances by Carolyn Faulkner, I think so anyway.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 1:29:08 PM PDT
Bprice says:
Lillian Rose, I agree with you completely about MY WAY HOME. I wrote on another thread about the second half of the book falling short in my estimation because the author left us out of the loop while the h and H talked their way thru to a reconcillation. I think it could have been a terrific read had the author, in my opinion, not lost sight of the main infidelity plot. I think we had two nearly seperate stories here and I'm not sure they worked together, but I did buy the HEA and I did enjoy the book even though it won't be on my keeper list

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 1:44:00 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
B. Price, the begining of the book was all about the infidelity that's what it was and to have no details it was a major copout to me. Also when their daughter reconciled with her cheating boyfriend the H took her upstairs to have a chat - well we never got those details either. I think the author was showing that the HEA comes over time it's not a quick fix and she did that. The renovation which covers the majority of the book was just way toooooo much, don't get me wrong I wanted to be her and wanted to own that inn and live where she was living, wow how lucky was she to have all those gems. It's hard to believe when you just don't know what was said betweeen the H and h about why he cheated, but I sort of do but I was disappointed and frustrated and those are things as a reader you don't want to be, where's my happy???

Posted on May 29, 2012, 1:52:41 PM PDT
D. Arnold says:
His Majesty, the Prince of Toads has maybe been mentioned on this thread before, but this was a believable HEA for me. IMO it was a light read as far as cheating goes and finished reading it with peace about his groveling.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 2:17:55 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012, 2:18:36 PM PDT
Bprice says:
Lillian Rose, I always wonder if a better editor might have picked up on some of the problems that end up keeping an ok book from turning into a really good one. I think this book had a really good start and I liked the writing style but I think the author missed the mark by not completely resolving the betrayal to the readers satisfaction. Authors want you to become totally immursed in a book so it's almost like, by holding back info, they've closed a door in your face and you spend the rest of the book wondering what's behind that door.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 2:31:24 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
B. Price, I agree, it's hard to write about infidelity and make it acceptable because it's not acceptable, so maybe she just didn't do the hard explaining but it left me with WT, I went back and skimmed forward I was lost and so frustrated, but when the H was talking to his daughter about his infidelity they went upstairs for a chat so the author did it again - it was inexcusable to me. I did like the rest of the book apart from too much info re the renovations. I thought maybe that instead of the renovations they could have had more about her mother and father, that was an interesting twist.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 2:34:13 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
D. Arnold, I haven't read this one(at least I don't think I have - sad but true) could you give me a few spoilers? Thanks.

Posted on May 29, 2012, 3:13:38 PM PDT
D. Arnold says:
It's $.99 now. Good price. I got it for free. It's also loanable.

What I can remember: H was drunk and ended up in her bed instead of woman he had waiting for him. She screams and her dad runs in and finds him. H marries h and leaves her there and goes to war I think. He is a second son and when 1st dies he takes over title. Comes back to England and is still a 'rake'. Sees her at a ball and wants to know who the most beautiful woman is and his friends says ' that is your wife!" He falls in love with her and goes thru enough groveling over 6 months- to a year and finally wins her heart. It isn't an overnight apology so that is were the story takes place.

Even tho this is a cheating book, he never slept with her and only married her when he made that mistake. Once he figures out he loves her, he is likeable to get the HEA.

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 5:04:11 PM PDT
Lillian Rose says:
D. Arnold, thanks, I might buy it, it's cheap enough, that way as you said it's got a believable HEA, and I would want to reread it again if that's the case. Thanks so much for the recomendation.

Posted on May 29, 2012, 8:46:30 PM PDT
tomegirl says:
Hey,
Don't remember if this one was on the list, just ran across a book that fits the thread: Capital Wives by Rochelle Alers. It follows three women who are married to influential men in the metropolitan area.

---------------------SPOILER ALERT---------------------------

One of the women's husband is cheating on her and has been with at least five other women throughout their eight year marriage. The guy wants to be a judge and after a lobbyist, (H to another character of the story) finds out about the affair he says that he won't back him unless he gives up the other chick. So in short, the guy doesn't seem to have much problem cheating on his wife (after all he's done it several times) and continues to cheat on her with this girl in her twenties only thinking about dropping her when she becomes clingly and being involved with her threatens his career advancement.

Even then he still goes back to her because, of course, he loves that she's willing to do anything to keep him happy which is apparently really hard because this guy's...porportionally blessed and not many women can keep up with him {how do you insert an eyeroll?} although he's admitedly had no problems in that department with his wife, which begs the question why he went cheating anyway. So the girl gets pregnant and the guy's mad because he felt she was trying to trap him even though they had ALWAYS had unprotected sex, (she got her IUD removed and didn't tell him.) He tells the girl to get rid of the baby, she refuses, so he has the lobbyist guy, who happens to have a shady past to set it up so that she can be attacked and injected with a drug to induce labor (she's just a couple weeks/months along) so she has a miscarriage. And after all this the wife finds out because the chick goes to the newspaper the h's friend works for and the friend lets the wife know. And then after one lame, yeah you cheated on me I'll kill you speech which totally lacked substance because aside from blackmailing him for 1.5 mil to start a business the wife didn't make him pay. AT ALL. It's all like, yeah you probably won't cheat on me again because maybe you've learned your lesson after your NUMEROUS AFFAIRS resulted in a woman you were sleeping with unprotected and opening me up to diseases and germs and goodness knows what else gets pregnant. You know what, that's okay let's get a house out in the country where we can start and B&B and you can sleep with all the registered guests to your hearts content. I'm just guessing that's how that last part went because the guy showed no change or progression of character and she didn't require him to. They're a piece of work. And then to show just what a champion he is the lobbyist guy, on his behalf, plants drugs on the mistress and get her arrested for trafficking because she dared to try to tell her story to the media. Don't get me wrong, I wasn't feeling particularly sorry for her, but HE decided that he wanted to mess around with her sleeping with her unprotected, getting her pregnant, TELLING HER HE LOVED HER, she is right to fell a little used. And it is well within her rights to blast this "man" to whoever's willing to pay for her story. They're all disgusting and not at all worth getting invested in. So I'm just going to shake it off. Brrr... Just wanted to mention it, but reader beware. I'm glad I'm a skimmer, I only lost about a half hour. :)

Also, now reading Second Chances.... LOVING IT!!!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2012, 9:09:41 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 29, 2012, 9:10:25 PM PDT
Michigangirl says:
Wait wait wait...

So the hero from another story basically injects this woman with a drug to induce labor therefore killing her unborn baby and we're supposed to think the happily ever after is her getting set up on false charges of drug trafficking????

Really??

Does the wife know about this? Because in my mind these people are one big POS. In MY HEA the other woman's dad turns out to be Liam Neeson's character in Taken and he just goes through and breaks these people for what they've done.

Posted on May 30, 2012, 3:29:46 AM PDT
tomegirl says:
Michigangirl,

The stories are all intertwined but yeah, the another character's "H" sets it up so that the ow is mugged and injected with a drug to induce labor. And that's their sweet happily ever after. And the wife didn't know that it was a setup until a year later when she's talking with her friends and two of the women, the three hs of the story, are patting the other h on the back about how savvy a newsperson she is. It comes out then and then basically one of the other women say 'you done good?' Excuse me? What's wrong with you people?

And yeah, Liam Neeson needs to be all up on these people. It makes me kind of sad that these people would be celebrated in ANY realm, yet alone my hometown...And I usually like Rochelle Alers but that book is one big pass for me.

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2012, 7:32:26 AM PDT
D. Arnold says:
I skimmed this book again, and just wanted to say I messed up the last of it. The 6-month to a year grovel was from another book! He does try to win her back for her money and falls in love with her while he is doing so. Still a good book.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012, 12:34:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012, 12:34:58 PM PDT
Has anyone read Sanctuary of Roses (The Medieval Herb Garden Series 2)? The blurb doesn't say anything about cheating but a reviewer on GR has shelved it as infidelity :\ Spoilers if so. Thanks in advance

Posted on Jun 5, 2012, 10:44:41 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
Sanctuary of Roses (Medieval Romance) (The Medieval Herb Garden Series Book 2) I read the spoiler nobody mention any cheating and the rating is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012, 10:54:04 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
Re Sanctuary of Roses - the infidelity isn't between the H and h. The H's first wife was having an affair and the h's mother was having an affair. I totally did not blame her either - the h's dad was srsly insane and abusive. Big Spoiler - turns out the h isn't the evil sick father's child. She is the child of her mum and the knight she was having an affair with. The H's first wife was having an affair with the evil sick father and the father tried to destroy the H and the first wife died in the process. So the H is wanting vengeance on the srsly sick evil dude.

Posted on Jun 5, 2012, 11:00:08 PM PDT
B. Lim says:
boogenhagen I'm kind confuse here, why would the H want vengeance on the evil sick dude since his wife was having an affair? Are you saying H love his wife so much that he want vengeance?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 5, 2012, 11:11:10 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 5, 2012, 11:12:49 PM PDT
boogenhagen says:
The evil sick dude tried to kill the H and destroy his people/loot his home and he seduced the H's first wife to do it and the evil sick dude is very insane (he has delusions he is an archangel of God and is going to turn lead into gold with the philosophers stone, like an alchemist). The h and her mother escape from the evil sick dude after he almost kills them with beatings etc and they hide in an abbey with nuns and the h thinks she is going to become one but the H takes her before she makes her final vows.

ETA plus the evil sick dude is running around pillaging people and stuff and King Henry (the one married to Eleanor) is not real happy about this and sends the H after him.
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
33 20 days ago
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
192 Mar 24, 2017
Need a good historical romance 3618 1 minute ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #6 1278 3 minutes ago
College romance with child 3 4 minutes ago
Suggestions for Scottish romance? 10 9 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 6514 11 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 7229 20 minutes ago
M/M Loan Thread 1897 43 minutes ago
Historical suggestion? h ends up pregnant so they must marry 4 53 minutes ago
Best Mechanic Hero or Heroine? 22 56 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 3189 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  196
Total posts:  3533
Initial post:  May 21, 2011
Latest post:  2 days ago

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 83 customers