Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning LastTycoon LastTycoon LastTycoon  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Travis "Beautiful Disaster"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 226-250 of 1000 posts in this discussion
In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012, 12:51:25 AM PDT
Novelsta says:
spoilers, please?

Posted on Aug 5, 2012, 1:42:44 AM PDT
SPOILERS

Apparently the h feels smothered by the H so she agrees to go on a trip to Paris her mother organised. While there she cheats on the H. Now I must stress that I haven't read the book, so don't know all the particulars, but reviews I have read give the impression that this is not a one off thing, she pretty much decides to cheat, sustained cheating, because she wants to know how things would be with this other guy. There may be extenuating circumstances I don't know about but it seems pretty unforgivable, so I think both books are a definite no no for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012, 6:25:28 AM PDT
Beeg Panda says:
MBAB- I agree with everything missmoone and M says about while it lasts. You know I would never like a cheater book and this, in my mind doesn't qualify as cheating at all. I was rooting for Cage all the way. If it wasn't for the worry about stds I wouldn't mind him being with any amount of girls, cos at least he isn't with only one whom he has feelings for. This is why I like fiction, cos, in this particular case, for me, reality can be suspended for a bit lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012, 7:26:18 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 5, 2012, 7:26:59 AM PDT
Fiona B says:
@Mehar and minnie winnie

Brenna Blixen Spoiler****************
I just finished the second one in the series and apparently its the mom who encouraged the heroine to keep her options open and wants her to date other people. Brenna was not feeling smothered at all, in fact she was sad that she had to leave Jake for the whole winter break. When the mom saw that Brenna is getting serious with Jake, she decided to take Brenna to Paris in effort to broaden her horizons I guess?
I was kind of miffed that the heroine decided to explore her attraction with the other guy and broke up with Jake, but I understand why she had to do it. It's definitely not like the Effortless/Thoughtless by SC Stephens cheating situation.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012, 7:30:47 AM PDT
Amanda Dove says:
SPOILERS: Junk Miles (A Brenna Blixen Novel) book 2!

The H cheats on her trip but it was kissing and stuff. No sex. When the H finds out he does cheat on her. If it's considered cheating since obviously they're not together after she cheated on him. All in all if you can get past that it's a good series. Definitely a happy ending by the time you get to book 3.

Posted on Aug 5, 2012, 9:31:29 AM PDT
It doesn't sound as bad as I was lead to believe, but I'm still not sure. I can just about cope with cheating when the h cheats on someone to be with the H, but definitely not my favourite theme, but I think this will just annoy me too much. While it might be reasonable for her to want to explore a relationship with someone else, it's just not what I want in my romance. I want completely unrealistic in love, never look at anyone else romance!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 5, 2012, 12:27:22 PM PDT
Novelsta says:
Thank you, Fiona B, minnie winnie and Amanda Dove for the spoilers!
I have to agree with minnie winnie here, that while it does realistic for her to want to explore her options i don't think i would enjoy reading that. It would annoy me too much

Posted on Aug 6, 2012, 8:20:05 AM PDT
Mary says:
Ok I am reading a historical Romance. Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone. O M G.... I have only read 60 pgs or so but wow is the hero needy for the heroine. Granted he can't see her, but only from her voice, she instantly calms him and he is like a docile puppy with her ! I will let you know how it goes when I finish

Posted on Aug 6, 2012, 9:02:03 AM PDT
Missmoone says:
@ M- a docile puppy ?? ha!ha!

and I forget who mentioned The Wild Ones and Fragile
Enjoyed both stories thoroughly. Although Fragile is a complete tear-jerker story

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012, 12:39:13 PM PDT
Mary says:
LOL Couldn't think of any other simile.

Posted on Aug 6, 2012, 12:43:13 PM PDT
Mary says:
Ok just finished Sinful by Charlotte Featherstone, it is a historical romance. He is needy, vulnerable. Crazy In love (he is in denial at first) has a few jealous moments, keeps saying she is his. No cheating although they go their separate ways because his father blackmails him and he gets married to another woman (to save someone) and produces a heir. It is a really good novel. He is so tortured. And you really don't blame him for getting married. He fights for her so much. And detested his wife. Loved it

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012, 12:44:26 PM PDT
Mary says:
Missmoone can you please tell me who are the authors for those to novels you rec ? And are the heroes jealous, vulnerable ? Does he cry for the heroine ? Please give me some info on them. Thanks love

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012, 2:09:29 PM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
M. Charafeddine: He apparently has sex with the other woman if he produces an heir, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 6, 2012, 9:56:42 PM PDT
Mary says:
He does but you don't blame he doesn't want too but is forced if you read it you will understand why. Its so sad.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012, 12:05:13 PM PDT
Sandra says:
minnie winnie- totally agree, that's what I want too!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012, 12:09:57 PM PDT
Sandra says:
M. Charafeddine- I was reading reviews about Sinful and someone said that the ending ruined the book... is the ending unhappy?

Posted on Aug 10, 2012, 1:54:35 PM PDT
Amyalissa says:
I was really unhappy with the ending of Sinful but the author posted an epilogue on her website. After reading that, I liked the book a lot more.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012, 3:14:42 PM PDT
no. The author did not have room to write the epilogue but she did on her website ( the editor put restriction on pages). You will have to sign up to read it but no worry she does not send too many e.mail actually almost none in the year or so I signed up. I loved that book, altough the H was a man@$ore and married for heir , I loved him because it was well explained and I felt only sympathy for him and I truly believed he loved the h. I loved her other book 'addiction' or something like that too

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 10, 2012, 10:58:52 PM PDT
Mary says:
Nope its a really happy ending. But Like I said circumstances forced the H and h to leave each other and for the H to marry someone who he doesn't love to save someone from his family

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012, 1:32:49 AM PDT
Sandra says:
athenadsb and M. Charafeddine- ok thanks for the info. I don't know if I'll read it. I don't like that he gets married to someone else and has a baby with her... is he ever jealous/possessive?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012, 1:35:48 AM PDT
Mary says:
Oh yes ! He is possessive and couldn't picture any other man touching her. Yes he did get married, but he hated every moment of it, and resented it. You understand why he does get married if you decide to read it

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012, 7:16:20 AM PDT
MBAButterfly says:
Does the h get married to someone else too? I would hate to think of her bidding her time waiting for him and remaining faithful while he is off having kids with someone else.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012, 8:29:06 AM PDT
Mary says:
No she doesn't get married. The heroine is a plain jain. Doesn't have too many suitors. Although jealousy is provoked in the heroine. She didn't wait really.... But they do end up together. And the hero is very needy and loves her so much if he had it his way he would have married the h. He started of as such a jerk and turned into a teddy bear.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012, 3:50:37 PM PDT
Sandra says:
does he get jealous also?

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 11, 2012, 10:39:33 PM PDT
Mary says:
sorry meant the hero gets jealous not the herione :) So yes he does
‹ Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 113 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 8 days ago
World of Romance. . . Rants & Raves. . . Thread #6 2032 11 minutes ago
Dear Book Buying Confessional (and other topics) part 2 4050 19 minutes ago
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 7987 39 minutes ago
villain/ antihero whos only softness is found in the heroine 154 48 minutes ago
Romance where Heroine is very popular (top model), famous and rich and the hero is a billionaire (arrogant and possessive 3 1 hour ago
Why are the Sports Romance books not about sports anymore? 2 2 hours ago
Looking for books with a heroine that is poor... 10 2 hours ago
PET PEEVES! Things that make you go Argghhhhhhh! AUTHORS: please kindly note 1023 2 hours ago
Loan Me Thread V. 7 4159 3 hours ago
Free Today Third Edition 7676 4 hours ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  161
Total posts:  2806
Initial post:  Jul 5, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 12, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 62 customers