Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

Which Kristen Ashely do I read next?

This discussion has reached the maximum length permitted, and cannot accept new replies. Start a new discussion

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 3426-3450 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 9:56:19 AM PDT
Karen L says:
I started reading Golden Trail before I get Games. Is the reason Roxy left really sad? I've got to know before I get too far, cause I know I'm going to cry. It's really annoying when the h/H just ups and leaves without confronting or talking through why to the other. Drives me nutso, I guess because I would definitely be in their faces about whatever I would be leaving them about. Please a little spoilage here.....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 10:02:15 AM PDT
Romance Diva says:
Spoiler
Rocky has PTSD from her mother's death.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 10:05:51 AM PDT
Spoiler
That is dumb. And I really disliked that book. :)

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 10:09:17 AM PDT
Karen L says:
Ok, thanks, ladies! I'll at least be ready for it!

Posted on Apr 13, 2012, 11:01:19 AM PDT
Susan says:
Ms.--I agree with you. I'm no expert on PTSD, but her actions just didn't make sense to me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 11:06:22 AM PDT
Romance Diva says:
*likethis*

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2012, 11:48:04 AM PDT
D. Politis says:
@Neogirl: The other 2 fantasy books are also pretty good BUT they are not Lahn. Lahn was an alpha male warrior who had to be the best fighter and deal with his warriors in some barbaric ways. The first book in the Fantasyland series has Drakar, a king supposedly descended from the elves and dragons. He has to make a marriage of convenience and basically hates his wife. SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER
.His wife in the fantasy world was actually into women sexually, not men. He knew this. So when he ends up with the Earth wife, and she is wayyyy into hot men, things start getting better for them. So unlike Lahn, it was not love at first sight. This book had a lot of politics and ruling a kindgom and what is best for the kingdom, etc. And the heroine chose to go to the fantasy world (she paid a witch a lot of money to send her there) because she wanted to see the other world parents because her parents on earth died. So it was very different from Golden Dynasty. But I liked Wildest Dreams.

The 3rd book in the Fantasyland series, Fantastical, was my least favorite out of the 3 books. The hero was also a king and a great fighter and he was already married to the heroine from the fantasy world and hated her. So when the switch happens, she doesn't know this guy and he thinks she is scum. But KA was very over the top with the clothes descriptions in this book. Seriously, I think she spent 2 pages alone describing her underwear and dress she was wearing. Yawn. This was not a re-read for me.

Have you tried Mystery Man? I really liked this book. Heroine sees hot guy in a bar, takes him home, and he spends the next year coming to her house at night for sex and sneaking in through her locked door. No relationship, no phone number, no nothing. She does not even know his name. So heroine is kind of dumb at first.

Of course, he falls in love with her and starts doing alpha male things to protect her when her criminal sister is accused of stealing money from some bad guys. Hero owns a security company and says Babe, a lot. He reminded me a lot of the Ranger bounty hunter character from the Stephanie Plum series. Anyone, Mystery Man has no kids (which I like, the focus is on the couple) and the hero Hawk is hot and very protective once he gets his head out of his butt. Try Mystery Man or Wildest Dreams next, in my opinion.

Posted on Apr 14, 2012, 10:01:12 PM PDT
Neogirl says:
Just finished reading Games of the Heart - what a great book. Wasn't sure I would like it but yet again you are all right - Mike's Alpha genes rose to the surface and he was hot!! I also loved the side story about Fin and Reesy which surprised me as am not into YA at all but it was sooo sweet to watch. Had a good cry at the end (which I also don't like doing!! Still.....)

@ D Politis - Thanks, really appreciate your comments. Wildest Dreams sounds like my next move, as after Knight then Games I am thinking I need to delve back into fantasy. Just a quick question however - is there a lot of angst? What is the main drama going on?

I haven't tried Mystery Man yet. Not sure what to think - the reviews seem really mixed. The premise doesn't really grab me (sleeping with a guy for a year and not knowing his name....really??). But I do know if anyone could make this actually work it could be KA so maybe I should just get over it and try Hawke out. AND when you compare Hawke to Ranger (I am sooo Team Ranger) I think you clinched the deal and this one will have to be after Wildest Dreams.

There is just NOT enough time in my day for all the books I want to read!!!

Posted on Apr 15, 2012, 1:14:58 AM PDT
D. Politis says:
@Neogirl: Wildest Dreams does not have a lot of angst. The focus is on the heroine learning how to get by in the fantasy world with her new responsibilities (she is a princess and now a new wife to a king!) and having fun with her new husband. Getting to know him as a person, having fun in the sack, etc. There is some politics talk with her husband and he has "duties" to the realm, etc. There is some angst towards the end when some bad stuff happens but you know KA, she always eventually pleases the reader. The angst is minimal and doesn't last all that long. The main drama is just the relationship between hero and heroine. It is definitely a character focused book, Wildest Dreams.

With Mystery Man, yeah Gwen is an idiot to sleep with a guy for a year and not know his name. BUT Hawk the hero is so awesome I was able to overlook that detail. (He really is a carbon copy of Ranger with the "babe" talk and running a security company and carrying weapons all the time)

And there are a few really fun scenes with Tack, the president of the local motorcycle club, who is supposed to be the hero of Motorcycle Man which is scheduled to release in May according to KA's website. So that was a nice bonus with Mystery Man.

Posted on Apr 15, 2012, 3:38:52 AM PDT
Neogirl says:
@ D.Politis - OK sold! I have just downloaded Mystery Man - feel like a Ranger fix! Plus I have heard you all mention Tack so I gotta find out a bit about him I think. Thanks again for your help!

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 1:30:16 PM PDT
D. Politis says:
So I am thinking of trying the Rock Chick series. How would you guys describe it? Action/romance, more romance than action, action with a touch of romance? Which Rock Chick book was your favorite? Which Rock Chick book was the worst, in your opinion?

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 9:21:58 PM PDT
Neogirl says:
Hi D.Politis - I am feeling quite lonely at the moment - just you and me on this thread! Anyway, just wanted to tell you I finished Mystery Man and absolutely loved it! You are so right - just pictured a Ranger like character and got into it. There are some really annoying things that happen (of course) but I can't believe I didn't read this one earlier. Also love the fact I was introduced to Tack. What is it with KA and these really hot, cut biker dudes. They are obviously all America because the Aussie biker dudes don't seem so yummy and are in serious need of dental work.

Anyway, I stumbled accross an interesting line in MM - when Gwen meets Hank, Lee and Vance (all from the Rock Chick books) Gwen says: ".......This was followed by a bunch of books, a series entitled Rock Chick, that were released sharing intimate detail of these hair-raising yet romantic adventures.". Weird? Admitedly I have only read 2 Rock Chick books but I don't remember any of the characters commenting that their stories had been written about into books which have made them famous. Or is this just a really clever tongue-in-cheek KA play that I stupidly missed? Maybe others have picked this up before?

I read number 1 Rock Chick and thought it was 'meh' - probably because I found the h really annoying and doing very Stephanie Plum things repeatedly (and I actually like SPlum - well at least the first 7 or 8 books). Someone recommended Rock Rick Renegade which is number 4 and I am glad they did because I really liked that one and it has made me want to continue them (but go back to number 2 so I can read in order).

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012, 9:53:07 PM PDT
Hi Neogirl: Not D. Politis, but I have an answer to your question. In Rock Chick # 6: Rock Chick Reckoning, Jane, the quite employee at Fortunums, wrote a series of books based on what she witnessed when the Rock Chicks and Hot Bunch Boys got together, which were interesting enough also called Rock Chicks. This made each couple pretty famous in Denver and this is what was referenced in the MM books.

I enjoyed the Rock Chick Series, to me they got better by each book. The first Rock Chick is my least favorite, my personal favorite are Luke and Ava's story, Rock Chick Revenge, and Rock Chick Regret, Hector and Sadie's story.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 10:00:47 PM PDT
Neogirl says:
Hi R.B. Oliva - thanks for explaining that one! How did her books go down? I would have thought all the guys would have been protective over their privacy? I am definitely keen to get into the rest of the series. Luke came up quite a bit in the one I read (with Vance and Jules) and I really wanted him to get his own books so that is something to look forward to. Thanks again.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 11:08:36 PM PDT
D. Politis says:
@Neogirl, really glad you liked Mystery Man. As for American bikers being hotter than Aussie bikers, I wish. Every real life biker I have seen has been scary in a bad way, with a huge beer gut. And I think most of the people who used to read this thread went over to the Goodreads Kristen Ashley group.

Hmmm, so can I skip the first Rock Chick book without missing anything? I cannot stand annoying characters. Is book 2 Rock Chick really good or just ok in people's opinions?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 16, 2012, 11:36:41 PM PDT
Carrie says:
I am one that really disliked Rock Chick one because of the "whacky crazy hijinks" and it took me a long time to progress to RC2. Everyone said the series got better and by RC3 I was hooked and read them back to back. I've even reread RC1 and now that I'm familiar with the characters the "madcap" didn't bother me at all. I highly recommend reading them in order. It's so worth it to get to know the characters so when you get to their book your are already invested in the story.

I have seen some HOT bikers but really it's about 1 outta 10 IMO... if you are talking about real bikers that belong to a MC vs member of a riding club or RUBs (rich urban bikers) the weekend bikers from the suburbs. Def difference! And I'm not sure I'd want to hook up with a "real" biker no matter how hot. MC's (1%)aren't known for... acknowledging women's rights. "Property of..." is hot when it's in a book but I don't think I'd like to experience it for reals.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 11:49:35 PM PDT
Neogirl says:
@D Politis - does Goodreads have groups as well? I use Goodreads quite a lot to get an idea if I might like a book and what others think but I have never joined.

I think you probably could skip number 1...but it is awlays nice to set the scene if you know what I mean. I can lend this to you if you like? Just give me your email.

Posted on Apr 16, 2012, 11:56:11 PM PDT
Neogirl says:
@Carrie - I think you are probably right...once you get acquainted with the characters you can forgive the plot lines a little. I think I will have to give these books another shot!

Gee, I have never heard of RUBs - love that term! Yeah, 'real' bikers here have a bad rep (with the law) and being a biker 'babe' in real life may be more like being a biker 'skank'. Still, I love reading about these biker boys (maybe I have an inner biker 'babe' in me trying to get out?? - although I bet I would look more like skank unfortunately - which is why Tate's harsh words to Laurie hit me raw as well!!). It's nice to dream isn't it......

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 1:44:07 AM PDT
D. Politis says:
@Neogirl: Goodreads has groups you can join with their own discussion boards. Like the Amazon threads except more private and no Amazon deleting posts because of...graphic words. I belong to the Kristen Ashley group and a bunch of other ones, for example the dangerous hero addict support group. Here is the link to the Kristen Ashley group. http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/66492-kristen-ashley-addict-s-support-group

And if you have it to loan that would be great. Thank you, that is so nice of you. My email is smeech8911 at yahoo dot com

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 2:41:58 AM PDT
Neogirl says:
Thanks D Politis - I will try to join Goodreads and join these groups.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 4:07:32 AM PDT
Susan says:
I felt the same way about Rock Chick...a little too much Stephanie Plum-ish. I have yet to pick up the second book and give it another try but you guys are convincing me that I should. I've been on a non-Kristen Ashley reading tangent (some really great books) but maybe it's time to come back!

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 6:40:09 AM PDT
Vasbie says:
I just bought At Peace to check out Joe, but haven't read For You. Is that a series I need to read in order? I was planning to go straight to Games of the Heart after At Peace since I have read mixed reviews on the third book. What do you all think?

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 6:53:28 AM PDT
Neogirl says:
@Susan - the books you have been on a tangent with - are they similar to KA?

@ Vasbie - went straight to At Peace because For You looked like more angst than I could handle. The characters in For You were in At Peace but I didn't feel like I was missing out on not having read it (although saying that I usually DO like to read things inorder!). I then went straight to Games of the Heart and I am glad I did as I way prefer Mike to Joe (sorry everyone...)

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2012, 6:55:55 AM PDT
Ophelia says:
Neogirl:
I don't know why, but I just couldn't get into Rock Chick Renegade because I didn't like Jules. I read Rock Chick Revenge first and really loved it so.....

***Spoiler****

I didn't like that Luke had a thing for Jules. I know it made for terrific angst with him and Ava but it made me dislike Jules. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Posted on Apr 17, 2012, 7:28:01 AM PDT
Ann says:
Goodreads groups. There's a group heading called "KA Support Group" - this has a separate group for each of KA's series/bks plus a ton of other topics listed (recipes, songs, group reads, etc) all under the KA Support group. It's nice, but there are sooo many of them that it's hard to keep track and too many to look at. I like this one better since all KA topics are discussed and I don't have to look through so many. Do have to say though that the Casting Couch group is my fav and I do frequent that one. Everyone posts/comments on their fantasy pics of KA characters. That is one HOT group, definitely worth a peak. There is a warning that this might not be one you want to view at work. Since GR doesn't police language or pics- some pics can get extremely steamy. ;-)
Discussion locked

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

Discussion Replies Latest Post
Announcement
Read fresh new romance stories - and tell the writers which parts you love!
34 May 16, 2017
Announcement
Amazon Discussions Feedback Forum
268 Jul 19, 2017
The 2nd Bargain Kindle romance books that are also GOOD ... please, no promos in this thread 8191 12 minutes ago
Historical romance, help me remember title? H needs an heir 1 14 minutes ago
Free Today Third Edition 7932 19 minutes ago
h asks H to help her to have a baby 11 28 minutes ago
Silhouette Desire - To quote "Touch And Go" - Lets go straight to No.1 3272 43 minutes ago
Harlequin Presents - Let's start at the beginning... a very good place to start - Number... 6532 44 minutes ago
Hero cheats and has to work hard to win back heroine 679 56 minutes ago
HOW TO: Search the Romance forum in a few simple steps 19 56 minutes ago
Stephanie Laurens - Devil's Bride 25 1 hour ago
Husband is having a "midlife crisis" and leaves wife 1254 1 hour ago

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  310
Total posts:  10000
Initial post:  Nov 19, 2011
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 43 customers