Amazon Vehicles Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits STEM Get $40 cash back on House Cleaning LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  All-New Echo Dot Introducing new colors All-New Kindle for Kids Edition AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Cycling on Amazon
Customer Discussions > Romance forum

The Wallflowers Series - worth it?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 12, 2012 4:02:57 PM PST
V Tice says:
Is the Wallflower series really good? I mean, do they each have a different type of story, not a recycle of rake falling in love with lady type situations?

I'm thinking about downloading the audiobooks, but am curious if they are worth it.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:09:56 PM PST
I thought it was worth it, I really enjoyed this series, and the one that follows it, The Hathaways series.

I'd definitely go one at a time, since audiobooks are so much pricier, but if you like historical romance, these are really some of my favorites.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 12, 2012 4:14:58 PM PST
V Tice says:

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:16:11 PM PST
Romie says:
I loved this series. I think you should give it a try. My favorite was Devil in Winter.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:17:13 PM PST
V Tice says:
I've already read Devil in Winter. It is just the other books I want to make sure aren't similar.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:17:57 PM PST
Taras2tots says:
Yes, I definitely think they're worth it...Enjoy!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:21:15 PM PST
Grey says:
Devil in Winter is really the only one with a rake for a hero. The hero from It Happened One Autumn says this:

"St. Vincent, if a man has time to bed a woman more than once a week, he clearly doesn't have enough to do. There are any number of responsibilities that should keep you sufficiently occupied in lieu of..." Marcus paused, considering the exact phrase he wanted. "Sexual congress."

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:24:07 PM PST
V Tice says:
That's great!

I'm convinced. book one is on it's way to my kindle. :o)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:26:47 PM PST
Romie says:
Awesome. Let me know if you like them ;)

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 4:26:59 PM PST
Robin Wilson says:
Kleypas remains one of my top five historical romance writers. Each of these books can stand alone, but together, they are even more powerful. I have read this series again and again and love learning more about each of the character's development with each reading. I'll second the recommendation for the Hathaway Family series as well.

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 6:35:46 PM PST
Rita says:
my .02 cents: i listened to the audiobooks and loved them and then i followed with the hathaway series. i couldn't listen to them fast enough! they were all great although i have to agree that devil in winter is my favorite!

Posted on Nov 12, 2012 9:31:06 PM PST
E says:
definitely worth it. i actually enjoyed th hathaway series even better.

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 12:04:59 AM PST
read4fun says:
Worth it, Worth it , Worth it!!!!!!

Posted on Nov 13, 2012 8:39:59 AM PST
V Tice says:
I'm sold! :)

Just downloaded the first 2 so I can listen to them at work!

Thanks everyone!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

Recent discussions in the Romance forum

This discussion

Discussion in:  Romance forum
Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 12, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers